Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
Introduction Thread v2.0 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is FiF overstepping her bounds as a moderator?
  Yes
  No
  FiF should overstep all bounds
  FiF should overstep MY bounds
  I don't even like introductions
View Results

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:57 am
Invictus_88
Of course. A taste for innuendo is admirable!

Indeed.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:48 am
Hi everyone.
I'm Sparky, I'm Irish, and technically, Ireland is in the British Isles so...
Well I'm a lover of Twilight, House of Night, Sonic, Pokemon, Gaia (duh!), The Sims, Spore, and X Factor.
I hope to have a good time in this guild with all of you.
Thanks for reading.  

xMockingJay

5,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200

Grey-Eyed Boleyn

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:19 pm
Hello, I'm Boleyn. Obviously, I like British history. Actually, like may be too gentle of a word for it. I am mildly obsessed with it. My other passions include yoghurt (It's true. I've even made it myself), general history, writing, acting, reading, cats and music. I'm not British, unfortunately. I live in America and Poland. I'm extremely cynical and sarcastic. I look forward to meeting all of you.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:03 am
America and Poland? Gosh, quite a commute for you!

Is your interest in British history specific to an era or fairly broad, out of interest?

Invictus_88
Captain

Grey-Eyed Boleyn

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:32 am
Invictus_88
America and Poland? Gosh, quite a commute for you!

Is your interest in British history specific to an era or fairly broad, out of interest?

Fairly broad. It began with the Tudors but every era is fascinating. And I live in Poland in the summer.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:55 am
Hello, my name is Eric and I am quite fascinated with British culture and history. I just started reading up on everything British, so I'm new at all of it, but it's all really interesting. smile  

slitchin

ENDeverMORE

Dapper Vampire

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:33 pm
Good day to all you folk.............. bah who am i kidding, that ain't me xd
Name's Endeavour 35, or Endeavour, or End, or Aaron. but i mostly prefer the use of my user name, or the shortened.
Im a little dyslexic, os don't be surprised if i cant spell large words like Antidisestablishmentaryenism..... DAMN!!
i was born in High Wycombe, and now live in a crappy town called banbury.
well im not going to write everything about me here, that'll give me two wrist cramps gonk , so if you want to stalk. I-I mean findout anything about me, the naske.......... nicely. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:51 pm
Greetings. *bow*
No idea if I posted an intro in the first thread. I tend to lurk more than post here. Lovely guild, great fun to read, but not being British myself (mid-west USA) I don't feel I've much to offer. I can appreciate British humor, for instance, but am not very good at joining in with it.

A wee bit obsessed with interested in British culture, especially history and literature. I think it's best when those last two combine. Never had so much fun with history in a classroom than while taking my course in ancient Brit lit.

To add my own two pence to earlier commentary, I don't have a top hat or monocle but I do have a sword and a flag. I'm sure they tie in somehow.

As far as tea in the U.S. goes...why on earth would you bother? Least, don't bother at a restaurant and this generally includes coffee houses. If you do find decent tea it's usually overpriced anyhow. I go to a local grocery shop with a large imports selection and get my tea that way. The US is great for iced teas and herbal teas, but not for proper hot tea.

Sir_Catherine

Paladin Knight

32,890 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Tested Practitioner 250

n o i r i s t

Anxious Loiterer

15,750 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:45 pm
*shuffles in*
Um, herro. :B
Here is my intro.

User Image

Name: Sarah
Nick/Preferred: Just Sarah or Saray.
Interests: Reading, all things HORROR, shopping in thrift stores, collectibles, Japanese culture, drawing, folklore, superstitions and the paranormal, listening to all kinds of music, watching movies, surfing the 'net, cooking, playing computer games with my boyfriend, playing with my cats.
Favorite color: Purple and green! mrgreen
Favorite food: Filipino foods, pasta dishes, veggie pizza, noodles, cake!
Favorite book: Too many to list. Finn Family Moomintroll is one.
Favorite movie: Instant Swamp, Kamikaze Girls, Only Yesterday, many horrors...
Favorite TV Show: King Of The Hill, Britcoms, nature documentaries.
Pets: 3 Cats. Beefy, Spot and Mina.
Extras: I am half English/Filipino. I am addicted to Diet Coke and am afraid of deep water!
User Image User Image User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:53 pm
Hello there everyone! smile

I'm an 18 year old Yorkshire girl and a proud tea drinker. Admittedly I don't know much about British history but at least I spell words like colour properly. I'll probably end up being more of a lurker here than a more active poster but that's just me. I hope to post more frequently in future.  

Goniochrome

Friendly Explorer

7,350 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Profitable 100

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:43 pm
Goniochrome

I'm an 18 year old Yorkshire girl and a proud tea drinker. Admittedly I don't know much about British history but at least I spell words like colour properly. I'll probably end up being more of a lurker here than a more active poster but that's just me. I hope to post more frequently in future.

Welcome, and happy new year!  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:49 am
Hi everyone I'm Nayim aged 17 lived in London my whole life! stare
Been up and around most of England, Still have yet to go to Scotland xd  

Nakurai

loIitoads

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:13 am
I think I was in the old thread, but I've not posted on here in so long...

Interests: I LOVE cooking, hardcore and documentaries.
Favorite colour: Green, black.
Favorite food: Vegan chilli :3 Cupcakes, mushrooms.
Favorite book: Lolita, Wind-Up Bird Chronicle, Oryx and Crake or Neuromancer.
Favorite movie: Tetsuo: the Iron Man, Blade Runner, Battle Royale, Dark Days, Don't Need You: the Herstory of Riot Grrrl.
Favorite TV Show: Life After People, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1987), Smack the Pony, Mission Hill, Sons of Anarchy.
Extras: I'm 21yo, male, from Nothern Ireland, living in Scotland. I'm often told to shut up by my friends for being overly opinionated. I'm vegan straight edge.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:08 pm
Welcome and welcome! Tea?

Goniochrome

Wait... a bearded lady with four legs- oh wait, you're from Yorkshire. That explains everything. 3nodding  

Behatzlacha-S

8,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Nudist Colony 200

Sir_Catherine

Paladin Knight

32,890 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Tested Practitioner 250
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:34 pm