Old fashioned avatar? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Not2Random

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:06 pm
BLACKJAGUARKAT
I've had a gaia account for about 3 years but only played off and on due to having slow dial up. Now I have DSL and am on here most of the time. I've had to do catch up on some items for my AVI. I like the Furry items they have. I also love horns. I agree that the market prices are crazy but I have found a good method for making gold by buying cash shop items and selling them for gold so I can buy the expencive Items I want. Also I want that Monirail Cat badly!! BTW I also own a full Tux. I wear it every now and then. The Avi I'm currently trying to build is a Spartan AVI. Now that is one expencive AVI let me tell you the prices for the stuff is outrageous! But then again I'm willing to buy it LOL!! xd biggrin

if you can get hold of a Faunzy's flute, it will produce an ongoing supply of various horns for you over time. The flutes are a bit pricey, but they are coming down. 13K in market tonight, I gave quite a bit more a few weeks ago. They won't drop much more, because the 50% sellback price is almost 12K.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:32 pm
what's all this about clothes?

*hides under leaf*  

ianoji

irrelavant

Fashionable Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:36 pm
I admit that I have a massive inventory, yet I haven't changed my avatar in years. I just like how these old clothes look. I see it as the definition of me. Whenever I do change it's not for very long, and it shocks the hell out of everyone. lol  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:54 pm
Some of the items make me wince to even think about dressing my avi in so I bypass them and instead dress her in whatever color tights is available or some of the older clothing items available.  

Irahatam

600 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

Caffeine and Painkillers

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:57 pm
I have one or two fairly expensive items (an OMG, for example), but a slim inventory overall, mostly because I don't spend money on Gaia. I've gotten used to wearing the underused or free items in ways most people don't think of, and I like simpler, less overwrought and dazzly avatars anyway. The only thing I'm kind of grumpy about not having are the evolving items - I do wish Gaia would include things like that for us cheap people.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:11 am
i like mixing things up..
i like the nurses skirts, awesome colors and the leg warmers match them perfectly..
i change my hair on a weekly to bi-weekly basis.
to match whatever i decide to change into..
when i first started my avi looked like me, (as much as it could.. lol)
im really into matching...
here are some other avi samples of mine.
I get really into detail, and i love finding the right thing in the right color...

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image
this was my original avi..
right after my bday, everything i was wearing was gifts.. yes even the pendant! thats when it was only like 40k. lol

sorry so long, but it was too much to look at when they were right next to each other.. lol razz  

MysteeDawn

6,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Citizen 200

oOo_Nightowl_oOo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:20 am
I'm content both here, and in real life, with just basic jeans, a t-shirt, and a black leather jacket.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:12 am
I think everything I'm wearing is old, except the hair style, which I recently updated. I just happen to like these clothes. A lot of the new stuff looks fun too... but I haven't found anything that could replace my old standbys. wink  

indyana

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:26 am
I haven't really found much of the new clothes that I actually like and would be willing to put on my avatar since I've always had it look like me. I think the only new item I have on is the earring which I just bought.

There isn't anything on my avatar that I don't own and wear something similar to in real life sweatdrop

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:12 am
I have a few outfits that I change regularly. I can't stand looking at one outfit for long periods of time, it looks boring after awhile. Also I change to fit my mood and what I'm going to be doing. Like when I was in town catching bugs, I made a outfit to fit the Nike shirt.  

Nei1

Toxic Punk

24,350 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • Married 100

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:26 am
Nei1
I can't stand looking at one outfit for long periods of time, it looks boring after awhile.
You will find I am a very boring person.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:42 am
ThisEmptySoul
Nei1
I can't stand looking at one outfit for long periods of time, it looks boring after awhile.
You will find I am a very boring person.
I meant on my avatar. biggrin  

Nei1

Toxic Punk

24,350 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • Married 100

Vivid Fizz

Distinct Elder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:39 am
I generally don't care about how old or new an item is. If I can use it for my themes then it is cool to me. I prefer making actual historical avatars instead of Gaia historical. Right now I am sporting a flapper and not too long ago I dressed in an outfit that might have been commonplace in the court of Marie Antoinette.

I also like doing avatars that are a little sick and demented. They are so much fun but Gaia doesn’t have many items that allow me to play around with it very much. I want torn clothes.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:56 am
actually my favorite outfit for clothing is all really old. i have a royal yukata and this black tuxedo. both of which are old but i like them.

i jus also like mc so i buy them too, lol  

Quixilver05

6,450 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

dragonmatt5

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:06 pm
i'd like some of the older items, but with the price of them and my general lazyness when i joined gaia, i don't have any. so i tend to make do with the freebies in unusual or odd ways. and while i did manage to save up an get my katana long ago, it will be a long time before i get another expensive item.  
Arena Threads and Gaia Items

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff