Reply Arena Threads and Gaia Items
Old fashioned avatar? Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

YouDubb

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:45 pm
Hello all, I know I'm not an "offical" member of this guild yet (I just submitted my request to join) but there is something I'm curious about. Am I the only Gaian who enjoys wearing older clothing? I mean, don't get me wrong, some of the clothes I see in the shops are nice.....some, not all. But the few that I do like cost so much and then people at the market place try selling them for rediculosly (I can't spell) high prices. So, I don't bother with the "new" clothing anymore. Personally, I'm happy with the set of clothes I've got from 2004....or 3...which ever year Gaia started. (Well, the staff is new but it was free and I wanted a weapon. The only other weapon I want is a simple katana, but again we come back to the marketplace prices.)

So what about everyone else? Is it new for you, or old is gold?

Oh yeah, and I think I might be one of the few (possibly the last!) Gaian that has a full suit (jacket, pants, shoes, etc.) I hope I'm not!  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:53 pm
I don't care if the item is new, old, starter set, freebies or Cash Shop myself. I'm more concerned with how the items go together than their age or source.  

Eirwyn

YouDubb

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:14 pm
Oh yes, I agree. *nod* I'm quite happy with my outfit.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:20 pm
I was a little indian for ages and ages and its STILL my favorite outfit. My signature has my favorite avi art that was made for me when I first joined back in 2005. I think whatever you're comfortable with wearing is the best thing. In the end you only have yourself to make happy right?  

A Joyful Noise IV

Adorable Survivor

23,990 Points
  • Cash Grabber 500
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500

joluh

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:11 pm
I have a bunch of old items in my inventory, not sure how old they are but I've been here for over four years and they were here before me, so. Currently only wearing one of them, the Wooden Sandals, others in my inventory are Skull Biker Black Pants and Gloves, Black Skeleton Set (the first "skin" in my opinion x3), Platform Shoes (black/white/brown), Pimp Set (all the purple and red, plus the 3 shirts; not very much fan of the yellow), Glasses (the good old circle-shaped ones), Black Class Socks, and if you count non-store items, the Paper Bags (with holes and monster) aaand Devil Tail, OMG and NM Scarf.

I have a few others from 04-05, but my current outfit is made out of almost pretty new items, don't get me wrong I love all the classic items but the new style brings so many possibilities and options I just can't ignore <3.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:04 pm
I like all kinds of things, some things just strike my fancy and I'll put them on ^_^  

Conis

Obsessive Hoarder

39,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Wry Dealer 500
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500

Angelic Burst

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:45 pm
I'm into the animeish warrior type ava.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:15 pm
I change generally ever 2 to 4 weeks, some new stuff, some old stuff... my inventory is crazy full because I find it hard to get rid of anything.  

Lil-Jo
Crew

TZA

Wheezing Raider

10,250 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:33 pm
Eirwyn
I don't care if the item is new, old, starter set, freebies or Cash Shop myself. I'm more concerned with how the items go together than their age or source.

Same here.

I thought you were talking about IRL clothes, and when you said you were happy with ones you'd gotten in 2004, I was like "What the...?" I can understand wearing something as long as it's still in good condition, but you have to add to your wardrobe now and again. wink I used to know a guy whose wardrobe (not just some items in it) was from 1997 or so. O.o  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:38 pm
I kinda dress for my mood LOL.

As you can see from what I am wearing atm, is runners and jogging pants beucase I was about to go to the gym.. When its winter I rug up and in summer I just throw on my bikni  

Lilah-Clover

JenLinKitty

Sparkly Fatcat

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:00 pm
A lot of the new items are kinda cool ^_^ although underneathe all of it I went back to the hair style I first had way back when :3

Not ALL of the new items are cool but pretty much it's how you wanna look ._.;  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:07 pm
I think that the newer items are pretty hit or miss... some of them are really nice, but a lot of them are sort of tacky or don't really match stylistically, IMO. The older items were more consistent, I think.

I draw the line at the cash shop... I can't keep up with that stuff.  

novemberine

Metroid_Hybrid

3,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:12 pm
Well, with the exception of the skin & eyes, I've got some old items equipped. Hell most of them I bought within my first few months on Gaia! sweatdrop

Though I'm still hunting that pesky Steel-Plated Ninja Band! xp  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:59 am
I'm gonna go against the grain and say new, new, new. I have a few old items (very few!) but most of the "nice" things I have are recent EIs or MCs. It seems like the quality of artwork on the new items are better, and of course we now have all these wonderful multi pose items that give me lots of options. The old items are nice, but I can't afford them anyway, and there are lots of shiny new things to catch my eye.  

A Story Worth Telling

Eloquent Elocutionist

10,225 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Arena Threads and Gaia Items

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers