Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[OOC] DEUS EX FAQ AND Q+A Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:44 am
Rejam
lizbot
lurks beneath
Hello! : D <33

Today I bring questions about weapons and what they can choose to do/not do! some of this is a little repetitive I APOLOGIZE, just trying to break it down extra clear like!

1. Do weapons have a choice when healing their hunter, or is it a compulsion?
1a. If a compulsion, can it be resisted under duress (ie: with approval from admins?)

2. I know that faster healing is a passive weapon ability/that healing gets faster as you rank up, but can a weapon's bond, if poor, slow the healing process?
2a. Or not finish it entirely, healing only up to a point? (ie: not fatal, but scarring?)

1. the bare minimum is compulsion, it's the better/efficient/more painless that can vary depending on weapon bond, the weapon personality, and the weapons natural element/former race.
1a. Something would need to be disrupting/harming the bond.

2. Only if interfered with. Example: Lawr leaving Butch locked away for a month made him vulnerable to illness and even more fragile than a regular human.
2a. they complete the healing, though scarring is not the same as having an only partially healed injury

A weapon causing poor healing is the wrong way to approach the situation, instead work with the pov that weapons can improve on the bare minimum (to a reasonable degree) or just stay at that bare minimum.

In rp there comes points where a hunter/weapon may think a missed charge or healing that seems slower is a conscious decision of the weapon, and that is fine because that is their PoV and few hunters/weapons fully understand the compulsions built into the bond.

Basically: through rp a weapon can claim they are/are not doing a thing intentionally. They are lying or simply incorrect in fact, but the RP itself is fine.

Lawr leaving Butch locked away for a month made him weaker than a normal human. Would leaving a weapon locked away for a few hours be effectively the same as walking around without a shield for those few hours?

tl;dr how do suicidal hunters do the thing

Distance can take the place of time in weakening a hunter ~ they can also, with the help of a superior, pass their bond along or sever it  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:51 am
lizbot

Distance can take the place of time in weakening a hunter ~ they can also, with the help of a superior, pass their bond along or sever it

Last one I promise: how far would be necessary to get rid of the bond temporarily? If you left it SUPER FAR AWAY would that have longterm effects that would be unpleasant (like if you left it halfway across the world and portal-hopped would that make things bad for you even after you got it back)? If you just left it like, across town, would that be enough to make it go away without ******** you up to the point of uselessness?  

Rejam

Aged Hater

13,425 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • The Wolf Within 100

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:58 am
Rejam
lizbot

Last one I promise: how far would be necessary to get rid of the bond temporarily? If you left it SUPER FAR AWAY would that have longterm effects that would be unpleasant (like if you left it halfway across the world and portal-hopped would that make things bad for you even after you got it back)? If you just left it like, across town, would that be enough to make it go away without ******** you up to the point of uselessness?

If you left it really far away the effect would still only last for the duration of separation ~ and it would just make you weaker/more vulnerable. More long term effects even after retrieving it would be the result of time apart in addition to distance.

Across town is not enough distance, for the island it would just need to be on another landmass.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:24 pm
are portals still down, or are they back up?

ovo~  

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:56 pm
chiickadee
are portals still down, or are they back up?

ovo~

Only the lighthouse portal and life lab portals are down ~ there's portals in the HQ building that can be used for missions ~  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:20 pm
1. Can runic hunters occasionally visit the island (re: once a month or something)?

2. Can regular hunters visit the vancouver base without using leave, or be stationed there for a brief time?

3. How isolated is the vancouver base? Is it in a forest tucked away and sort of cloaked?

4. Can hunters leave to go amongst the city (or what's left of it...)? AKA: What is exploration protocol!

NVM, answered by runic hunter thread! http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=24820607  

its me debz
Crew

Wicked Shadow

Viva Viola

Mythical Senshi

10,400 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:06 pm
OKAY SO!

I was wondering if you fill out mission reports for everything hunters do mostly, like the portal AU I did for the event. [ the haunted town ]. If so, then would you get rp points or just the raffle?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:10 am
For this part of the Runic Weapons Practical:

Quote:
[ PART THREE ] You need to craft customized runes for your weapon. There are a bunch of runes, but only a few match for the weapon.

Are you allowed to adjust rolls if you've been doing dives and have journeyman status/etc.?

lizbot

medigel

Anxious Spirit

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:00 pm
Viva Viola
OKAY SO!

I was wondering if you fill out mission reports for everything hunters do mostly, like the portal AU I did for the event. [ the haunted town ]. If so, then would you get rp points or just the raffle?

ICly it's assumed they fill out reports for every mission.

OOCly filling them out is up to you. With the exception of special ORP/event missions (which will have any bonus report points listed at the beginning or end of that thread) ~ only the missions and tasks listed here can be used for gaining bonus points. Each bonus point can only be claimed once. (ie: you can fill out a report for a personal spar and get +1 bonus point for doing so, you may fill out another form for a later spar is you like, but you may not claim the bonus point again.)  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:01 pm
medigel
For this part of the Runic Weapons Practical:

Quote:
[ PART THREE ] You need to craft customized runes for your weapon. There are a bunch of runes, but only a few match for the weapon.

Are you allowed to adjust rolls if you've been doing dives and have journeyman status/etc.?

lizbot

Yes you may.  

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:30 am
zoobey

The pool can be fixed using manual labor, aka having your trainee go and work on repairing it. Materials aren't there anymore, unfortunately. Those materials were commandeered to rebuild the dorms and other parts of Deus Ex thanks to the last attack.

Hunters can work on rebuilding it, however it's expected that they'll do it in their free time. Trainees are expected to study/learn and train while making themselves useful to their superiors.

Currently the only form of swimming on Deus Ex is to swim in the ocean, however that isn't advised due to sharks and other predatory things, both existing in this world and the occasional sea monster.

If you want specific values for rebuilding the pool, let me know and I can throw some together/give you some specifics to work off of. Otherwise, you can RP working on fixing the pool/hot tub/sauna/etcetc~ There are loads of recreational items on Deus Ex that have fallen into disrepair.

Can I have the specifics on what costs/needed to repair the pool in towns? I'd like to know.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:03 am
MoonKitsune
zoobey

The pool can be fixed using manual labor, aka having your trainee go and work on repairing it. Materials aren't there anymore, unfortunately. Those materials were commandeered to rebuild the dorms and other parts of Deus Ex thanks to the last attack.

Hunters can work on rebuilding it, however it's expected that they'll do it in their free time. Trainees are expected to study/learn and train while making themselves useful to their superiors.

Currently the only form of swimming on Deus Ex is to swim in the ocean, however that isn't advised due to sharks and other predatory things, both existing in this world and the occasional sea monster.

If you want specific values for rebuilding the pool, let me know and I can throw some together/give you some specifics to work off of. Otherwise, you can RP working on fixing the pool/hot tub/sauna/etcetc~ There are loads of recreational items on Deus Ex that have fallen into disrepair.

Can I have the specifics on what costs/needed to repair the pool in towns? I'd like to know.

Since this will be a public facility to the benefit of everyone ~ I'm gonna say 10 rps (cleaning/fixing/rebuilding/fundraising etc) to be split among qualified hunters. (some things require skilled labor while others do not).  

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:12 pm
What was the going cost per regular and supreme runic stone? Would there be a cap on how many the department would pay for?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:06 pm
MoonKitsune
What was the going cost per regular and supreme runic stone? Would there be a cap on how many the department would pay for?

Mostly it's a 1v1 barter system, when someone is willing to pay cash monies rates generally from 5-12 dollars for regular, 20—32 for superior depending on both the supply and demand. Most prefer to use favors, data, and exchange of services though.  

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:42 pm
Is it possible to preserve the heads of the a halloween in any fashion?

I mean you know.

Trophies.

(asking for a friend)  
THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out