Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply Theist to Atheist Q&A
My Curious Questions to All Atheists Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zambimaru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:15 pm
1) Do you believe in an after life? If yes, what kind, if not and you believe in nothing after you die then why? No I don't believe in a after life. We just rot in the ground or get turned to ashes.

2) Do you believe in spirits? If not, why? If yes, where do you think they came from? No. Simply because their is no proof. And also because no one really knows what a soul is. In terms of ghosts I find it hard to believe that something that looks like fog controls my entire body.

3) If you don't believe in God, do you believe in Satan? No. To me he's just another superstition.

4)If you don't believe in God, is there something else you believe firmly in? I don't believe in any higher power.

5)what do you believe regarding how came into existence? I go with the big expansion theory.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:29 am
Shedra Helix
1) Do you believe in an after life? If yes, what kind, if not and you believe in nothing after you die then why?
I don't believe in an afterlife. Because that would just eliminate the entire idea of "intelligent design". Why would we waste time here if there were something to do after this? Just tell me which way to turn and I'll go immediately.

2) Do you believe in spirits? If not, why? If yes, where do you think they came from? No, ghouls and ghosts don't exist.

3) If you don't believe in God, do you believe in Satan? I don't believe in anything that doesn't exist on the same plane as Earth. Simple as that.

4) If you don't believe in God, is there something else you believe firmly in? That's vague isn't it? If you mean a higher power then no.
Even if it’s a logical reasoning?

5) What do you believe regarding how came into existence?
Humans? I believe aliens came from mars and planted magical beans in the ocean and fishes became super smart bioengineers that made the human race as it is today.

Intelligent Design? I've heard this title before. Please do enlighten me and explain what that is smile I haven't heard about it in YEARS. And on that last one, lol sarcasm is your friend.  

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Baron von Turkeypants

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:09 am
1) Do you believe in an after life? If yes, what kind, if not and you believe in nothing after you die then why? No.

2) Do you believe in spirits? If not, why? If yes, where do you think they came from? I believe people believe in spirits.

3) If you don't believe in God, do you believe in Satan? No.

4)If you don't believe in God, is there something else you believe firmly in?
Even if its a logical reasoning? Yes. The scientific method!

5)what do you believe regarding how came into existence? Right now I'm inclined to believe in the fragmenting universe theory, which basically states that the universe's expansion is faster than light, making some portions of the universe cut off from other parts, but right before the "end" of the universe, dark energy's attractive force overcomes the repulsive part, bringing each fragment of the universe into a highly dense ball, which then has enough radiation to reverse the contraction, resulting in a new baby universe.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:16 am
SaintChaos

1) Do you believe in an after life? If yes, what kind, if not and you believe in nothing after you die then why?

Nope. For a number of reasons.
A) I see no reason to believe in one.
B) I see no necesaity for a "soul" to be anything other than the summation of the physical activity in the brain, therefore I see no way in which an afterlife is possible.
C) I see that not only do thoughts change the physicality of the brain (which could be argued to be the effect of a soul on the brain), but physical changes in the brain affect the thoughts and even personality of the person. From chemical euphoria to massive trauma to electrodes implanted in the brain.
D) All of the orthodox ideas of an afterlife seem nothing more than the childish imaginings of the inane. Heaven? Hell? What sane god would dream up a hell? What omniscient god would need a testing ground for his creations before deciding to send them to heaven or hell?

SaintChaos

2) Do you believe in spirits? If not, why? If yes, where do you think they came from?

Nope. Lack of evidence being the main thing.

SaintChaos

3) If you don't believe in God, do you believe in Satan?

I don't see how that would work... But no.

SaintChaos

Even if its a logical reasoning?

Essentially I am a sceptic. I try not to believe in things. But I do assume some things. I assume that nature works now as it did in the past. That the chair I'm sitting on will not turn into a chicken. That reason and logic are good ways to understand the world and to reach valid conclusions.

SaintChaos

5)what do you believe regarding how came into existence?

You mean humanity as a whole? Then we evolved from previous primates.
Me, my parents.. *gag* did "things" ninja
If you mean life as a whole, I don't really know the whole process that well, but abiogenesis seems a reasonable conclusion.  

Redem

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:30 pm
ahhh very interesting posts. indeed an enjoying insight. and i was also waiting to see if someone would come along claiming they believe in reincarnation AND THEY DID!

very cool. thank you for posting your replies and i look forward to reading anything more. smile  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:15 pm
1) No. If there is one. That's aces with me. ^^

2) This I do believe in.But I don't credit it to an after life. I'm willing to believe an afterlife is totally plausible, but I think spirits are other dimensional. Science has already shown "weird and freaky" things on a sub atomic lvl. Stuff that absolutely warps our existing ideas of science. So other dimensions are plausible.

3) Satan is our lack of responsibility I think lol

4) I believe that I will always be out of the loop. lol By accepting my foolish disposition, I hope to not be too surprised when everything I currently believe in comes crashing down on me. It seems like we always have more to learn.

Like Jay and Silent Bob quotes: "I don't believe, but I have a good idea"

5) I'm not positive here. I would also vouch for evolution and maybe even dumb luck. I like the idea of evolution. It sits well with me for now. You're right, better to have an idea about something than nothing at all.  

Niveous

hachimitsugirl

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:23 pm
No, what would prompt that in the least?
2) Do you believe in spirits? If not, why? If yes, where do you think they came from?
No, what would prompt that in the least?
That barely merits a response.

I believe in the efforts of humanity to rout the most reasonable explanations which might be bolstered by repeating evidence.
I will believe what is presented to me by the experts who've devoted their lives to uncovering answers by scientifically verifiable means.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:52 pm

No. Humans are, in essence, animals--we're both made out of the same stuff. If animals don't go to hell or heaven, what makes humans so different? I believe that once you die, you die. It's simply over. Perhaps you go to the same place that you were before you were concieved: in essence, nothingness.

No. I do, however, believe in hallucinations and tricks of the mind. wink

Nu-uh. Satan, to me, is just what God is: a concept.

I believe we should make this world a better place, not because it will get us into heaven, but because we should and can.

Evolution, the Big Bang, Darwinism, the usual. mrgreen

Eaten By Cheese

Covered-Up Boxers

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:35 pm
1) No. I believe that when I die I will go to the same place I came from before I was born. Nothingness. It's a scary thought at first, but I accept it.

2) No. This is pretty much the same thing as not believing in an after life.

3) If you don't believe in God then Satan doesn't exist, does it?

4) I believe in the concept of humanity. Human kindness prevails over all.

5) ...Big bang, then evolution... This is kind of vague. I could go deeper, but I think Cirosan sort of stole the thunder. xd  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:28 pm

Yes, I believe in rebirth. One dies, and they rebirth as any organism possibly.

How does it happen? I don't know, I don't care, and I just don't know why I believe in it.

No, because it just seems weird to me to believe in something of the sort. Dunno why.

Nope.

4)If you don't believe in God, is there something else you believe firmly in? Even if its a logical reasoning?

Yes, logical reasoning over emotion. It is every individual's duty to at least try to use it.

As a species, abiogenesis and then evolution.

As an individual, my mom had sex and went through 9 months and I was born.

As matter and energy itself, I believe the atoms are timeless and energy are timeless.  

MinozakeR

Kiyrugoji

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:59 pm

Of course there's an afterlife! It'd just be... sorta boring.

Yes, they're a type of alcholic beverage.

I believe in God, and I believe in Satan. I also believe in the Flying Saghetti Monster and Tim Curry. (Why shouldn't I?)

4)If you don't believe in God, is there something else you believe firmly in?Even if its a logical reasoning?

*Raises hand for both Logical Reasoning AND the fact that there is a possibility of a creator* (As hyocritical as that may sound...)

In the beginning, there was God. God said, "Ooh, smack time!" And so occured the big bang, and after a few hundred kajillion years, Earth. Then God noticed a guy writing a book entitled "The Bible." God said, "Eh, nobody'd be stupid enough to believe it." This is the reason Jesus weeps.

See, the thing is, I have a VERY strange viewpoint on these things. I'd debate with other Christians, but they're usually not open minded enough to accept things like this... eh.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:42 pm

I'm not too sure... I think that something happens to people after they die, but no one knows for sure.

I don't believe in spirits, their existance just doesn't seem plausible to me.

Nope.

I believe in morality and logical reasoning.

I support the Big Bang and the theory of evolution.  

Ammonia Spike

7,650 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100

Duchess Raanin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:44 pm

I believe in a form of an after life.
Heaven, to me, is being remembered forever in the hearts of my family... having a legacy and a bloodline.
Hell... would be... myself being forgotten.

Energy cannot be created or destroyed, do humans not have energy within them?
I believe that the energy changes forms.

Satan?
No.
People doing evil, yes.

Everyone has a purpose.
Everyone is important.
I believe in using your mind to do good for your fellow

Evolution. The creation of our universe... it's just always been there. Myself? My father and mother were in a bowling alley you see...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:53 am

No.

I see no reason to believe that they exist.

Um, no.

4)If you don't believe in God, is there something else you believe firmly in? Even if its a logical reasoning?

I believe we should leave this place in a better state than when we found it. That sort of thing, I guess.

Well, we can't really know for sure, but scientific theories like evolution and the big bang, etc. satisfies me for now.  

EmmaRaikou

[Perfect Calamity]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:47 pm
I believe in sort of a re-incarnation thing, only its not determined on how good/bad you are, you just turn back into a new human.

Spirits as in ghosts? yes, i believe in ghosts, they're just people who werent ready to move on yet...

No. This kinda is ends up refering to my answer to number one...

eh.. i just dont believe in anything...

evoloution.

Theist to Atheist Q&A

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces