Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
gay pride on gaia Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:25 pm
sometimes ill have a rainbow avi but thats rare. i have to be in a pretty big "gay mood" that day  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:17 pm
jeffrulz2
The Bodacious Soul Reaper
jeffrulz2
jeffrulz2

You're welcome~
Thank you! You're the first to comment on it : )

well i watch bleach a whole lot so i recgonized it but i cant remember her name ik shes the one with the hugs boobs that always look liek they gonna pop out lol

Really? That's awesome~ Who's your favorite character?
Hehe you got that right~ Her name is Rangiku Matsumoto ^_^

i regonized the hair and i wa slike thats the b***h with the gigantic boobs that make any man love anime lol, ichi kurosaki. i def hope ichi and ruki get together they'd b adorable

Hehe~ That's why she's one of my favorite ^_^
Ichigo is dang awesome. He just is~

i coplayed him once and had so many people like it i cudnt even walk through comicon

That's awesome! I've seen that at conventions before, where I'd pass by a room I went through previously and I'd see some people were still posing in the same spot as they were 15 minutes earlier!

lgtenos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:09 pm
Nope. There is a line in my profile that states my sexuality, but other than that, it's not important. I can be prideful without posting it on the Internet; that's just me. Whatever floats y'alls boats~  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:15 pm
I have a rather nice rainbow avatar but that's not so much for gay pride but because I <3 rainbows.  

Lady Kayura

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300

QueerxCore

Kawaii Sweetheart

13,000 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:08 pm
My username is "queerxcore", need I say more?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:07 pm
Lady Kayura
I have a rather nice rainbow avatar but that's not so much for gay pride but because I <3 rainbows.

^So very much this.

I cross-dress my avatar from time to time, and I like tastefully-done rainbow avatars, but it has nothing to do with gay pride. There might be something in my rando-sig that has something LGBT-related in it, but I don't remember.

While I'm certainly not ashamed of being queer, I also don't feel particularly proud of it, either. It's not like it's something I chose to do, or something I've accomplished. *shrug*

Outside of Gaia, I have a small rainbow button on my rucksack, but that's about as pride-y as I get.  

Taeryyn
Captain

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

jeffrulz2

6,350 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:28 pm
Taeryyn
Lady Kayura

^So very much this.

I cross-dress my avatar from time to time, and I like tastefully-done rainbow avatars, but it has nothing to do with gay pride. There might be something in my rando-sig that has something LGBT-related in it, but I don't remember.

While I'm certainly not ashamed of being queer, I also don't feel particularly proud of it, either. It's not like it's something I chose to do, or something I've accomplished. *shrug*

Outside of Gaia, I have a small rainbow button on my rucksack, but that's about as pride-y as I get.

did u get the button from hottopic and does it say i kiss boys and girls?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:38 pm
jeffrulz2
did u get the button from hottopic and does it say i kiss boys and girls?

No, it's just a small enamel pride flag, a little more than 1cm long. Like this.

I wouldn't wear a slogan like that, to be honest. Not my cup of tea.

Not to mention, as someone in their mid-twenties, saying I like "boys and girls" just sounds wrong.  

Taeryyn
Captain

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Prussian Imperial Guard

Fashionable Lunatic

8,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:52 pm
At the risk of sounding like a typical bigot, I ask, "What's the point of gay pride?"
I, for example, don't have "Straight Pride", I simply have pride. Not too much (well, that's debatable), not too little.
That is, what is it about being gay that makes you proud, rather than being proud of who you are instead?
I like to tell people that I'm not proud of being an American, and neither should anyone else be, not because I hate America (because I don't), but because I had no control over that bit. I, and, indeed, everyone else (in my opinion, at least) should instead be proud of their accomplishments, not heritage, sexuality, etc.

Does this make any sense to anyone, or am I just rambling?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:04 pm
Barrett Jaeger
At the risk of sounding like a typical bigot, I ask, "What's the point of gay pride?"
I, for example, don't have "Straight Pride", I simply have pride. Not too much (well, that's debatable), not too little.
That is, what is it about being gay that makes you proud, rather than being proud of who you are instead?
I like to tell people that I'm not proud of being an American, and neither should anyone else be, not because I hate America (because I don't), but because I had no control over that bit. I, and, indeed, everyone else (in my opinion, at least) should instead be proud of their accomplishments, not heritage, sexuality, etc.

I agree with this. Not that people shouldn't be proud of who they but there is so much more to people than their sexuality, identity and heritage, stuff that makes everyone unique. Personally I rather be proud of something that I did or can do than something I have no control over and just a part of me.  

ForeverDreamWithinADream

On_A_Cold_Stormy_Night

Beloved Phantom

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:44 pm
I say im a lesbian on my profile....But i dont like to go all out....  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:46 am
so all in all im the most out there one with gay pride lol. this is the sotry of my life i think im always the most out there with anything i do. gay pride my outfit my life style u name it  

jeffrulz2

6,350 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Profitable 100

Hashtagihateit

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:08 am
Barrett Jaeger

There's no straight pride because people don't hate you for being straight. You're the social "norm" and we as gays are not.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:16 pm
RavennaGrimoire
Barrett Jaeger

There's no straight pride because people don't hate you for being straight. You're the social "norm" and we as gays are not.

I think you've missed the point of what I what I was trying to say. However, that was to be expected, as the wording isn't what I would have wanted. Sadly I can't exactly explain much more than I had in my original post, so I don't know what I could do to help you understand what I meant. It was hard enough to get it to make as much sense as it did, after all. sweatdrop  

Prussian Imperial Guard

Fashionable Lunatic

8,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200

Sifen Yamishi

Fashionable Vampire

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:51 pm
I have it stated on my profile clear and simple.  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff