Welcome to Gaia! ::

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duellists of Gaia

Back to Guilds

YDoG is an all TCG guild for all duellists. We also cover the entire Yu-Gi-Oh! games, shows, manga and RPG. 

Tags: Yugioh, Tournament, Duel, Trading Card Game, Anime 

Reply Domino City
New Banned List - March 1st, 2009 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aya_Aki_kun

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:25 pm
Kuan Hsing
Lightsworn with Chaos Sorcerer becomes the new meta? Anyone taking bets on this one?

I'm also seeing one dad teched in this.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:31 pm
Hinameki

My favorite card is back, but I wonder if a Chaos Deck with only 1 Sorcerer will work properly.

User Image

No, but it can be splashed into the Twilight deck.  

FinalChaos27

Synaku_Blade

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:56 pm
Did I read that right...there are absolutely no Forbidden cards? Or does that mean that there are no changes to the actual Forbidden section of the list?

Well, I remain a bit untouched, if anything this has helped me. Twin-Headed Behemoth at 3 is nice, as well as Book of Moon. Ultimate Offering at 2 and Phantom of Chaos at 3 is VERY welcomed.

Curious as to why Manticore of Darkness got unrestricted though...

On another note, DaD and Plaguespreader will be going down in price I hope.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:09 pm
No cards were banned in this format. Only limited.

That's what it's saying. Everything listed under the previous Banned is still banned.  

Jazz Turnabout

Claus Iver

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:26 am
crap! there go my e-teleports.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:08 am
not bad list.

yay for 3rd book of moon...  

Vanilla Kago

Kuan Hsing

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:54 am
Notes after I've had a bit of time to think:
Chaos Sorcerer: Well, considering that everyone gets free gigantic monsters, this return probably isn't too ridiculous of a tester. Just nobody be surprised if it goes back to banned when it's too meta-breaking.
Bestiari: Samnite, GB Training Ground, Equeste, potentially GB Pot of Avarice or Inner Strength... annoying, not breaking at all.
Goyo/Brionac: Whoo, minus maybe one. No point in restricting Synchros at all.
Zombie Carrier: Considering you play one in basically any deck and three if you can actually support it, this is healthy for the meta.
Mezuki/Urgent Teleport: Standard "Disrupt the Top Deck" restrict.
Dark Armed Dragon: Don't really want to discuss.
Card of Safe Return: Not necessary restrict. No good Lightsworn runs it any more and Zombies were hit hard enough without this.
Reinforcement: Yeah, no 4x Stratos... sorry Diabolic

Goblin Zombie: Determination to castrate ZombieDAD continues.
D.Hero Malicious: Is this the new Breaker? Instead of dance around 1/0 free m/t destruction, dance around 1/2 free SS of high-LV monster...
Raiza: Two Time Walks a game? You're just going to give this to me?
Green Baboon: Could probably go back to 3 without harm, but note that Rescue Synchro still lives...
D.Draw/Allure: Too 'turbo.' Six costless cycling cards too many, four probably healthy.
Gold Sarc: Same as Green Baboon, but Necroface gains a little power instead of Beast
Mind Crush: Basically my favorite skill test card, restriction a little lifted... just as soon as the best search gets restrict. Still sides against GB, at least, and anything if you get the patterns right.

Manticore: Combo not really threatening since 3x DD Crow.
Twin-Headed Behemoth: Wasn't this a rules restrict? No way to tell if this one is a new one or the old one if it gets recycled somehow. But, it's not really breaking anyway (and you still get just 3 SS out of them), so w/e... although expect people to cheat and say they have 3 main, recycle the one they have in the grave, and say it's a new one when they only have 1...
Phantom of Chaos: Nohre decks 1% better, doesn't matter when -2 Draw 2
Book/Nobleman: Not really broken, safe  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:15 pm
Kuan Hsing
Lightsworn with Chaos Sorcerer becomes the new meta? Anyone taking bets on this one?
Already on it. I'm glad I had both Tele-dad and lightsworns. I'm safe either way. And away from plaugespreader allowed me to put in chaos sorcerer. : D  

Lil Beau Peep

The Mighty Q

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:36 pm
Iron Jar Mill just got a slight a boost xP  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:03 am
I like this list.  

Exotahu

Adorable Lunatic

16,225 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Waffles! 25

Jevan R. H. Divinitive
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:58 am
http://216.239.59.132/translate_c?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://www.yugioh-card.com/japan/event/forbidden_11.html&prev=/search?q=http://www.yugioh-card.com/japan/event/dk_forbidden.html&hl=en&client=opera&rls=en&hs=eBE&usg=ALkJrhjKVsz8jVzHle1SOZt_sDXq9EmDJg

Here is the list on the Japanese website. I am going to miss Mezuki.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:28 am
Konami have beaten UDE to it and posted the list. http://www.yugioh-card.com/en/limited/

It seems that Konami don't care about what the courts say and are acting in all the power they have.  

Jevan R. H. Divinitive
Crew

Synaku_Blade

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:14 am
Well, technically Konami has the power. Thing is, we will soon find out if they can actually handle distributing themselves.  
Domino City

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff