Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dream a Little Dream

Back to Guilds

A guild for everyone and everything. Offers a friendly environment and fun for everyone. 

Tags: Friends, Dreams, Chatterbox, Roleplay, Peace 

Reply Dream a Little Dream
GOODBYE FACEBOOK?!?! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Whaaaaaaaaaa?!
  FACEBOOK NOOOOOO
  Back to MySpace. -__-
  Screw that, YAY TWITTER!
  S***...........
  They're bluffing. Bluffing. You can't destroy Facebook.
View Results

ll Angelic Agony ll

Distinct Noob

3,400 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:09 pm
OMFG

OK, so an expert group of hackers called 'Anonymous' have threatened to shut down Facebook!!
This will take place on November 5.
What will you do about this?

Better update as fast as you can, cause these guys mean business.

And the voice scares me.

Listen to the video above; the threat.

Source--Read me!!

I've also heard this on the radio too, so yes, it is true!
I'm spreading this to all of my non-role play guilds.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:40 pm
I just read an article last month how the group was shutting down for a while, and may merge into another, larger, and more malicious group.

If Anonymous does shut Facebook down, it's only to show that they can. It's what they do. Trust me, the site will be brought back up. It may get hacked again, but just to show that the security is passable.

That's what I think, anyway. Like I said, all I did was read an article.  

Iradesca

Undead Fishy

Tipsy Smoker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:54 pm
I believe it. They did it to paypal. They did it to playstation network. They will do it to facebook. You cant stop them or find them. They do not forgive. They do not forget.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:49 pm
T-T If they're that good at hacking people why don't they use their talent to make software that can stop hackers!?  

Sakura_Moonlight2421

Sparkly Genius

7,000 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250

Niko Narshe

Rich Wife

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:09 pm
First,threats are never taken lightly and the Radio and Internet have been wrong before. stare  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:51 am
Eh, if they do, they do. I'm sure Facebook is ramping up their defenses and I'm sure the government will be watching too.  

Areashine

Interesting Lunatic

Azor Ahai Reborn

Omnipresent Cultist

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:40 am
Meh, it's just facebook. XD  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:47 am
Well if it does, everyone will just switch to Google+ while they wait for it to come back.

Mainly saying that because I hear its pretty much the same,
I personally couldn't care less about facebook, and reading this thread made me Smile.
:D
Pretty much because so many people will be lost without that one site, even though it's for the better seeing how there are so many people are practically glued to it,
Many people spend like all day and night just refreshing and looking at things they've seen like a million times.

It's annoying to talk to someone who gets too involved in facebook,
because all they want to do is show me the same things almost as if they forgot they seen it recently and it's new or something.
In which I stand there going, "oooh..." sigh*

iShadow xD

Sakura_Moonlight2421

Sparkly Genius

7,000 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:57 am
stare Facebook is a good way to talk to people on the mainland (U.S.) I have a friend in Flordia that I haven't seen in 16 years and she found me on FB. We chat when she's not busy.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:21 pm
iShadow xD
Well if it does, everyone will just switch to Google+ while they wait for it to come back.

Mainly saying that because I hear its pretty much the same,
I personally couldn't care less about facebook, and reading this thread made me Smile.
:D
Pretty much because so many people will be lost without that one site, even though it's for the better seeing how there are so many people are practically glued to it,
Many people spend like all day and night just refreshing and looking at things they've seen like a million times.

It's annoying to talk to someone who gets too involved in facebook,
because all they want to do is show me the same things almost as if they forgot they seen it recently and it's new or something.
In which I stand there going, "oooh..." sigh*

agreed.
i deleted mine a little over a year ago.
hearing about facebook being shut down just makes me laugh. xD

xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx

Mega Nerd

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Nudist Colony 200

Darkswiftmist

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:13 pm
Wwow im reading up on them and they have hacked Visa, Mastercard, the FBI website, Syrian National Defense Website, and The Playstation Network. hmm who knows what they will do next? I dont have a facebook though, but i was planning on getting one. It is amazing how it became such a major part of our lives. It will be difficult for my family to contact my cousins living international now though. That was the only way we could talk to them and know what was going on in there lives- through facebook

I did nt get a chance to watch the video of their threatening message

it is not there anymore....  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:43 pm
Who cares? It will be back.
What is so great about that site anyway?  

UnoriginalSin1753

Familiar Werewolf

Kipluck

5,850 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:05 pm
I am a LITTLE addicted to Facebook. redface Though with all the changes planned, I am weaning myself off of it and spending more time on Google+ and Pinterest. I hope that developers are prepared and avoid a huge mess, but my gut tells me that Zuckerberg is a cocky kid who feels too big to be beat, and that is bad.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:03 pm
I could care less. But I refuse to get a Google+ Account.

Why would I let Google+ monitor what I search?  

MisterMaurice

Conversationalist

saphria_eragon

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:20 am
I personally think it would teach people to resort back to older ways of communication: talking on the phone, snail mail, and IM.  
Dream a Little Dream

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff