Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
school and parents calling u a devil worshiper?-_-;; Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BluMommy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:02 pm
Ok, I can handle my mother throwing effing banana's at me but now it's getting out of hand. I was asked awhlie ago by my partents about my religious beliefs and what they were. {since i dont talk to them about everything in my life} Well i decided to tell them of how i converted.

let's just say my parents started calling me a devil worshiper and mocked me by calling me the wicked witch of the west -_-; allll in spanish too. they also told me they would dis-own me and make me drink holy water if i even speak of witchccraft near or inside the house. -__-;

Also some of the friends i made at my new school wont talk to me anymore and think im going to "hell". One of them said they were going to throw a bible at me. But i just dont pay any mind to them and go on with my life. I didnt wish to fight or anything. but im just tierd of having to be underground with being who i am. is anyone else in the same boat?
let me now surprised lol  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:13 pm
it suuuccckkks -_-  

BluMommy

ncsweet
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:53 pm
Unfortunately, as long as you are at home, you need to respect your parents wishes. If they don't want you practicing in the house, then you have to abide by that. You'll have plenty of time when you have a place of your own to practice, so use your time wisely now to study and do research.

As to your problems at school... I have to question why anyone knows anything about your religious preferences. It's not really anyone's business but your own, and if you are the one that has been telling them, then you need to be willing to accept the consequences of that.

The fact is if you are sill a teenager, it is really not an appropriate time to come out of the "broom closet", unless you are absolutely sure that your family and/or friends are going to be accepting of you.

TO KNOW...TO WILL...TO DARE...TO BE SILENT - it's the silent part that seems to trip everyone up. wink  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:19 pm
ncsweet
Unfortunately, as long as you are at home, you need to respect your parents wishes. If they don't want you practicing in the house, then you have to abide by that. You'll have plenty of time when you have a place of your own to practice, so use your time wisely now to study and do research.

As to your problems at school... I have to question why anyone knows anything about your religious preferences. It's not really anyone's business but your own, and if you are the one that has been telling them, then you need to be willing to accept the consequences of that.

The fact is if you are sill a teenager, it is really not an appropriate time to come out of the "broom closet", unless you are absolutely sure that your family and/or friends are going to be accepting of you.

TO KNOW...TO WILL...TO DARE...TO BE SILENT - it's the silent part that seems to trip everyone up. wink
Your right, and i understand where your coming from. but the whoe friends hing mostly happen cuz i trusted them and they a asked my at lunch after sharing all of their belifes and turn to me and kept asking me >_<; so it is my fault for telling them but it;s just an other lesson learned. :] thanks for the reply on my topic  

BluMommy

Sam Oaken Willow 17

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:32 am
If your parents don't want you to practice in your house, it doesn't mean you can't practice at all. This is the time for you to practice your visual imagry, meditation, and astral projection. On the astral plane you can have all the tools you would like. Keep your head down, and drink the holy water--it can't hurt you. Respect is key here--you shouldn't have fear or feel irritated at certain religions--it only asks for trouble.

As for your friends, the ones that will matter will stick around. And trust me, you'll make more and better friends in college or after.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:13 am
I'm in contact with maybe 3 people from school. I've left my school days behind me and I'll be damned if I ever go back.
I'm in the broom closet and you know what? I'm proud of that. Now is a very bad time for me to tell people about my path. I have to focus on my education and career, not to mention develop my social skills a bit. Revealing my path might put that in jeopardy.

There's nothing wrong with keeping shtum when it comes to your beliefs. Most people don't walk around with a sandwich board on telling everyone exactly what they think!  

doistu

mechanical kitsy
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:17 pm
Seriously, if people are throwing things at you, take it up with the principal or something. And if your parents are throwing s**t at you and lecturing you, they obviously don't like it so nothing's going to stop them til you stop talking about it. A lot of people are not open-minded, and you need to remember that.
You don't need to tell everyone. Obviously they aren't accepting. Obviously you need to stop talking about witchcraft and "wicca" until you reach your 18th birthday.
Facts. Can't change it. The most you can do is just stop talking in school and to your parents about religion period. That's just the way it is sometimes.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:51 pm
ok to the top reply above this one. i dont talk in the first place. im kinda aloner and i felt trust in my friends "i did and kinda do have" Your making it sound like im talking all about my path to everyone. i find this rude. dont mean to set u off or anything but thats how i feel about your reply and no one at school throws things at me by the way. but thanks for ur reply.  

BluMommy

Travel_Lust

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:06 pm
i go to school...i read a wiccan book.....room goes silent im stared at and the teacher tells me to stop warshipping the "devil" and i wanted to cry....it was bad so i told my mom, she got the principal involved and bye bye screwed up teacher  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:36 pm
AshMonsterr_rawr
ok to the top reply above this one. i dont talk in the first place.

You didn't clarify that you were a quiet person in your posts. How are we supposed to know this if you don't tell us?

Quote:
im kinda aloner and i felt trust in my friends

I think it's safe to say we've all experianced this in one form or another. The best thing you can do is try to be a better judge of character, think harder about whom you share your secrets too and how they'll react to them.

For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.

Quote:
"i did and kinda do have"

...wut?

Quote:
Your making it sound like im talking all about my path to everyone.

I believe you misunderstood the way she was explaining her thoughts to you.

Correct me if I am wrong, but it sounded like Doistu was just telling you it's okay not to be open about it because most people aren't.

Unless you're talking about Kitsy's reply, which she also wasn't saying that you're just flapping your jaw to anyone with ears. She's just giving you very good advice in her own blunt way.

Quote:
i find this rude.

I find claiming undeserved and unearned titles such as "Wiccan" rude. ninja

Quote:
i dont mean to set u off or anything but thats how i feel about your reply

That's cool. Although, they were just trying to help.

Quote:
and no one at school throws things at me by the way. but thanks for ur reply.

She was referring to the "Bible" threat.  

Namikikyo

doistu

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:16 am
Ashmonster,

I imagine that in these forums its considered rude to not directly address the person you are talking to. You need to clarify who your reply was for.
I see no rudeness, obvious or veiled in either mine or Kitsy's replies. We just follow our own advice and think its worth passing on.
If you don't like what you see you shouldn't post in an open foum.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:01 pm
AshMonsterr_rawr
ok to the top reply above this one. i dont talk in the first place. im kinda aloner and i felt trust in my friends "i did and kinda do have" Your making it sound like im talking all about my path to everyone. i find this rude. dont mean to set u off or anything but thats how i feel about your reply and no one at school throws things at me by the way. but thanks for ur reply.

Then, question. Why do the kids at school think you're going to hell? How did they find out you aren't Christian?
And, nothing sets me off. And, I don't care if you find it rude, that's how your original post made it sound.  

mechanical kitsy
Crew

mechanical kitsy
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:11 pm
doistu
Ashmonster,

I imagine that in these forums its considered rude to not directly address the person you are talking to. You need to clarify who your reply was for.
I see no rudeness, obvious or veiled in either mine or Kitsy's replies. We just follow our own advice and think its worth passing on.
If you don't like what you see you shouldn't post in an open foum.

{whisper}Actually, I don't think it is an open forum, since its a private guild.{/}  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:09 am
Once I have to show in tell in class the project we made the day before that. And when I mentioned I'm interested in paganism, my teacher told me to talk to her after the class(which she forgot) and my classmates keep telling and teasing me, "She doesn't believe in God..." "Are you a Satan worshipper?"

and I was just like 'look down and just ignore them". Glad that the info didn't get to other classrooms or to the whole school sweatdrop

Satsui Tsukiyomi

Bad Quality Serena

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:51 pm
alot of the kids at school will walk up and be like. ''are you jewish?'' as if the pentacle is even close to the star of david.
and then they'll ask if i'm a satanist,and im like. ''no',i'm pagan.'' then i have to end up explaining what neo-paganism actually is. its annoying,but you get usee to it.

*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games