Welcome to Gaia! ::

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duellists of Gaia

Back to Guilds

YDoG is an all TCG guild for all duellists. We also cover the entire Yu-Gi-Oh! games, shows, manga and RPG. 

Tags: Yugioh, Tournament, Duel, Trading Card Game, Anime 

Reply Domino City
New Tools for Anti-Meta Decks Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kuan Hsing

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:25 am
RGBT-JP078 [Graveyard of Super-Ancient Creatures]
Permanent Trap
While this card is face-up on the field, LV6 or higher Special Summoned monster cannot attack or activate their effects.

Can you say beating? Almost as good as Royal Oppression. Shuts down DAD, Judgment, any Synchro besides like Magical Android, and Dark Simorgh. "But Kuan!" you say. "Trap Eater broke Anti-Meta like Glass Joe!" RGBT has given us a tool to fight back.

RGBT-JP024 [Core-Chimera Drago]
WIND/Dragon/4/1900/1600
This card's controller sends [Core-Chimera's Steel Core] from the hand to the Graveyard or reveals a Dragon-type monster in their hand during each of their End Phases. If you don't do either, this card is destroyed. While this card is face-up on the field, LIGHT and DARK monster cannot be Special Summoned.

The Core-Chimera series is not as meta-changing as advertised, but this one is pretty exciting, even if its restriction is kind of bad. I mean, are there any other decent Dragons? And keeping a [Steel Core] is a pain, even if it does come with its own recursion system. Maybe three of this and two Vice Dragons would be enough... And at least Mirage Dragon can carry an Honest. Speaking of that combat spoiler, no, there's still nothing that tops it, and now there's a new one!

RGBT-JP012 [Black Feather - Karuuto of the Moonlight]
DARK/Bird/3/1400/1000
By sending this card from your hand to Graveyard during the damage step when a face-up [BF] monster you control battles, that monster gains 1400ATK until the End Phase of this turn.

Instead of printing an Honest variant for an archetype was good without it, can we instead get something that actually beats Honest? Blah blah Macro blah blah Banisher, I mean something like Wicked God Avatar only playable. Or unrestrict Mind Crush! That is an actual skill-intensive card and it was only restricted due to TrapCrush being in every deck. Your opponent makes a fishy attack, you MC naming Honest... dreamy.
PS Yes I'll play Karuuto. I does love me some Black Feathers.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:50 am
Well with these new cards I think it's safe to say the meta is going to change from TeleDAD and Lightsworn.  

Jevan R. H. Divinitive
Crew

Bakuram

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:33 am
they make me smile inside...I await for Blackwings also... 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:31 pm
I have a feeling the Meta is going to change anyway once the new Banlist comes out.

I have a hunch that DAD and JD might get banned, or at least limited to one...I don't know why...call it wishful thinking I suppose.  

Synaku_Blade

Kuan Hsing

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:38 pm
Dark Armed is still the best deck because it makes the best Trap Eater, is faster than Lightsworn, and out-controls GB.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:38 pm
Kuan Hsing
Dark Armed is still the best deck because it makes the best Trap Eater, is faster than Lightsworn, and out-controls GB.
Anata wa watashi ga zutto mae ni "sayounara" to yutta hito wo omoidasaseru.

Tis why DAD will probably be banned.

Personally, I can't wait to see what the next set of meta decks will be...so I can totally pwn them with my water-control deck when the ice boundary cards come to the states.
You remind me of someone I said goodbye to a long time ago.

Pheso

Dapper Capitalist

5,650 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200

Aya_Aki_kun

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:59 pm
Dad, JD, and ccv can't be banned. Why don't morons get the fact it's the deck that's broken not the actual card...

As for the meta, this will make dad and ls players think more but not slow them in any manner. As for blackwings....good by malicious hello black wings in teledad.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:37 pm
well, it's like what Kain told me one day...if anything does happen to either DAD or JD, it'll follow suit of the other...
Example: if JD is banned or limited, DAD will follow...  

Bakuram

Aya_Aki_kun

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:49 pm
Bakuram
well, it's like what Kain told me one day...if anything does happen to either DAD or JD, it'll follow suit of the other...
Example: if JD is banned or limited, DAD will follow...

Well i saw a list that hasn't been clarified atm *more than likely meaning it's a fake* I'm not gona say anything until I get proof but dear god these kiddies will get their wish...and realize what kind of hell they braught back.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:11 am
Elspeth_Knight_Errant

Well i saw a list that hasn't been clarified atm *more than likely meaning it's a fake* I'm not gona say anything until I get proof but dear god these kiddies will get their wish...and realize what kind of hell they braught back.

Please let it be Chaos.
xDDD

But seriously, I liked Chaos Control.
>.>

User Image  

Aurora Sonata

Cute Hero

Kuan Hsing

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:08 am
Hinameki
Elspeth_Knight_Errant

Please let it be Chaos.
xDDD

But seriously, I liked Chaos Control.
>.>

User Image

Yeah, I like completely unfun, uninteractable wincons too. Oh wait, no, the opposite of that.
The meta is basically healthy as is, especially with BF on the way. The banlist will probably change everything and it probably won't be for the better.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:07 am
I want to see Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning back, it would work well with the current TeleDAD and Lightsworn mixes.  

Jevan R. H. Divinitive
Crew

Lilliana Yvierine

Shy Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:16 am
Jevan R. H. Divinitive
I want to see Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning back, it would work well with the current TeleDAD and Lightsworn mixes.
you realise how ******** broken he is with honest  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:26 am
JH hit it. From the current list I saw but I'm pretty sure it's a fake, disk is back at 2 monster reborn is banned dad is at 1, ccv banned, JD banned, bls back at 1. Nothing happened to anything else.

I just hope yall know BLS is a worse threat than dad and JD and all I can say is if this is a true list, LS and Monarchs are gona be winning regionals and sjc.  

Aya_Aki_kun

Jevan R. H. Divinitive
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:37 am
I haven't seen any lists, I just think BLS-EotB is due a comeback. Also Honest works with any Light and doesn't make any of them any more broken than any other. Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning can stand up to the Synchro's and doesn't have the ability to clear the field as DAD and JD do so how is it broken?  
Domino City

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff