Welcome to Gaia! ::

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duellists of Gaia

Back to Guilds

YDoG is an all TCG guild for all duellists. We also cover the entire Yu-Gi-Oh! games, shows, manga and RPG. 

Tags: Yugioh, Tournament, Duel, Trading Card Game, Anime 

Reply Domino City
God cards? What the heck? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DOVE_SAVED_BY_GRACE

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:48 am
Okay, I left Yugioh for a while (I had way too many cards and had to get rid of some) and now I'm back and so much has changed.
From what I understand, there's two more Exodia incarnations, a new Obelisk card, three "Wicked God cards" and a fusion of the original three.
Not to mention these new "Synchro Monsters." (But they, I have to admit, are amazing, with the exception of the new Gaia.)

What's up with all of this? Was there really a need for all these new "Super" cards?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:00 am
Well, it was either come out with new and exciting game play, or just die out, so Konami chose the former.  

Severed Restriction

Matt Blue

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:02 am
In my opinion, they should have made more Synchros "Restricted" in the sense Junk Warrior is restricted to a certain tuner or type of non-tuner, but what's done is done.

Basically Synchros control the game now.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:09 am
Matt Blue
In my opinion, they should have made more Synchros "Restricted" in the sense Junk Warrior is restricted to a certain tuner or type of non-tuner, but what's done is done.

Every single time a new element to gameplay has come out, it controls the current game, same thing happened when the Darks came out, same thing happened when Lightsworn came out, and it'll happen again for something else when there's something better than synchros.  

Severed Restriction

Jazz Turnabout

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:11 am
Lightsworn never controlled the game. It won Nationals in the UK, and that's the only feat they've accomplished thus far. Here in the States, it's been Gyzarus to rule the day.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:13 am
Is there anything you don't know about this game, Sieg?  

Severed Restriction

Matt Blue

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:34 am
Severed Restriction
Matt Blue

Every single time a new element to gameplay has come out, it controls the current game, same thing happened when the Darks came out, same thing happened when Lightsworn came out, and it'll happen again for something else when there's something better than synchros.
Dark support and a theme are a new element to Gameplay?

What the **** are you smoking?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:48 am
DOVE_SAVED_BY_GRACE
Okay, I left Yugioh for a while (I had way too many cards and had to get rid of some) and now I'm back and so much has changed.
From what I understand, there's two more Exodia incarnations, a new Obelisk card, three "Wicked God cards" and a fusion of the original three.
Not to mention these new "Synchro Monsters." (But they, I have to admit, are amazing, with the exception of the new Gaia.)

1. The Gaia looks kinda cool.
2. I think you're talking about Exxod Master of the Guard and the Exodius the Ultimate Forbidden one.
3. New Obelisk? I don't know what you're thinking of but perhaps you're talking about Sacred Beasts. Raviel the Lord of Phantasm (Obelisk counterpart), Uria Lord of Searing Flames (Slifer Counterpart) and Hamon Lord of Striking Thunder (Ra counterpart) and the Sacred Beasts Fusion card, Armitael Phantasm of Chaos.  

Yamimon

Ruthless Combatant

Dracomancer Barrelex

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:30 pm
Yamimon
3. New Obelisk? I don't know what you're thinking of but perhaps you're talking about Sacred Beasts.

Next month OCG gets a legal Obelisk. Old but still cool news here.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:35 pm
Yeah. They will probably get it. Us? Probably banned the moment it's arrival is sensed.

*Airplane suddenly arrives in the US part of the world*
Random Konami Restrict List Maker Person: ..... eek It's here. Banned!! scream  

Yamimon

Ruthless Combatant

The Mighty Q

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:44 pm
Matt Blue

Nu-uh Morphtronics do.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:38 pm
Nazi-Kriegshetzer
Matt Blue

Nu-uh Morphtronics do.
I agree!  

Mr_dragon

1,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100

Jazz Turnabout

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:46 pm
Yamimon
Yeah. They will probably get it. Us? Probably banned the moment it's arrival is sensed.

*Airplane suddenly arrives in the US part of the world*
Random Konami Restrict List Maker Person: ..... eek It's here. Banned!! scream
Being that its first effect requires you to tribute summon it with three monsters is terrible, and needing to tribute two monsters for the second effect is slightly better, but still terrible.

Quite the contrary of the banlist, it'll never see high-level play.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:24 pm
Matt Blue
Severed Restriction
Matt Blue

Dark support and a theme are a new element to Gameplay?

What the **** are you smoking?
Phantom Darkness is still pretty recent and pretty much the whole set was dark support. it may now be when it came out, but it was when it started controlling, nearly every metagame deck runs DAD.  

Severed Restriction

Exotahu

Adorable Lunatic

16,225 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:36 pm
Legal!Obelisk is already out in Japan  
Domino City

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items