Anglican
  Protestant
  Others
View Results

Fallpray

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:26 pm
What's your denomination?  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:40 pm
I'm a Southern Baptist, which is Protestant.  

stickyfeet

Neferet -House of Night-

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:33 am
None. I'm a filthy noobie pagan heathen.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:16 pm
Disciple of Christ =3

Lunatic Kisses

As The Pokeball Turns

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:12 pm
Alice is Broken
Disciple of Christ =3

Same here!  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:30 am
There should be a lot more options seeing as how there are more than 5 denominations and that there are more than one religion. The minority of people in the guild are non-christian. It would be best to accommodate them as well. Just a thought.  

Neferet -House of Night-

SloanSage

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:25 pm
I would think that is what 'other' is for? But maybe a vote space for 'undetermined' or 'undecided' or something like that would help?

I am a Christian. Raised non-denom and going to church now (and school) as a So Bap.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:52 pm
Assemblies of God.
Since relating yourself with a certain denomination often means that you are equated with certain beliefs I want to say that I do not believe all that the A/G teaches.  

Vondra

Lady Kayura

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:54 pm
Dark Angel Rai

My boyfriend calls me a heathen since I wasn't born into his religion. xD  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:46 pm
Lady Kayura
Dark Angel Rai

A lot of my pagan friends refer to ourselves as heathens because that's what most Christians regard us as. ^.^ But I am a noobie pagan since I'm new to the whole pagan thing.  

Neferet -House of Night-

SloanSage

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:08 am
Dark Angel Rai
Lady Kayura
Dark Angel Rai

A lot of my pagan friends refer to ourselves as heathens because that's what most Christians regard us as. ^.^ But I am a noobie pagan since I'm new to the whole pagan thing.

In the Oxford English Dictionary, pagan and heathen mean the same thing. so either one works.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:39 am
SloanSage
Dark Angel Rai
Lady Kayura
Dark Angel Rai

In the Oxford English Dictionary, pagan and heathen mean the same thing. so either one works.
I know. But most people call Atheists heathens instead of pagans because pagans believe in many Gods and Goddesses whereas Atheists do not. Heathen has sort of a null/void definition and can be applied to anyone where as pagan is referred to those that specifically follow the Polytheistic religions.  

Neferet -House of Night-

SloanSage

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:15 pm
Dark Angel Rai
SloanSage
Dark Angel Rai
Lady Kayura
Dark Angel Rai

I know. But most people call Atheists heathens instead of pagans because pagans believe in many Gods and Goddesses whereas Atheists do not. Heathen has sort of a null/void definition and can be applied to anyone where as pagan is referred to those that specifically follow the Polytheistic religions.

quite true, but the definition is "one who does not believe in the mainstream religions"... that's it, but I prefer the term "non-believer" because heathens and pagans were killed during major points in Europe's dark history. So, I would rather keep that in the past. This is probably the only issue I will go PC on.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:36 am
SloanSage
Dark Angel Rai
SloanSage
Dark Angel Rai
Lady Kayura
Dark Angel Rai

Though Paganism has become more mainstream within the past few years...well Wicca has at least.
quite true, but the definition is "one who does not believe in the mainstream religions"... that's it, but I prefer the term "non-believer" because heathens and pagans were killed during major points in Europe's dark history. So, I would rather keep that in the past. This is probably the only issue I will go PC on.

Neferet -House of Night-

SloanSage

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:19 am
Dark Angel Rai
SloanSage
Dark Angel Rai
SloanSage
Dark Angel Rai

Though Paganism has become more mainstream within the past few years...well Wicca has at least.

Paganism is still quite taboo. Mainly those dealing with witchcraft-type stereotypes. (And I know Wiccans, they are cool cats.) so really, it is more a a hidden mainstream religion. Most people do not wish to acknowledge it too much. I know it is out there, so I acknowledge it to an extent. I am in no way saying it is right, but I acknowledge that it is there.

So, even if this offends you, I am praying for you to find what I believe is the Truth. (after all, if we do not offend every once in a while and only play down and raise our hands in surrender, we will get no where when it comes to evangelizing.)

heart  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces