Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

No place like 127 0 0 1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:48 am
Do you think we will ever have any saints maybe in the future...or not? : o  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:05 pm
It's hard to say. Maybe some people will look at certain church members (the famous ones?) as saints in the future.

I don't know. Maybe the Pope or Benny Hinn will be seen as saints, Lol.
I'm a little uncertain as to what saint means.  

Zora Dee

Aged Raider

2,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Kateryna of Kyiv

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:45 pm
I'm going to be a saint one day! xd  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:38 pm
We need a saint to rise up and spread the teachings of the bible.  

Duroonsia

Ablazed
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:19 pm
Of course there will be saints in the future!

Christians are called to be saints - that is, people who are in communion with God. We are all supposed to be saints!

And there will always been Saints (with a capital "S") - those are people who have died and are with God in Heaven, having gone through the purification process of purgatory after death.

The Church will probably recognize Mother Teresa as a Saint soon, as well as Pope John Paul II.

Saints are hardy a thing of the past.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:41 pm
Ablazed

Christians are called to be saints - that is, people who are in communion with God. We are all supposed to be saints!

And there will always been Saints (with a capital "S") - those are people who have died and are with God in Heaven, having gone through the purification process of purgatory after death.

The Church will probably recognize Mother Teresa as a Saint soon, as well as Pope John Paul II.

To avoid any confusion on anyone's part, I propose when we talk about saints we mean devout Christians that are living, and when we talk about Saints we mean devout Christians who have died (St. Thomas Aquinas, etc.) Concensus?  

rillegas08

iy8970970607

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:37 pm
^_^
the old myth is to be a Saint,
three miracle must be done through you by G/god.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:35 am
Duroonsia
We need a saint to rise up and spread the teachings of the bible.

We don't need saints to rise up and spread teachings, any one can do that. Saying we need people to raise up and do it is just an excuse, pushing the responsibility onto someone else so you don't need to do the work.  

Lady Kayura

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300

No place like 127 0 0 1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:47 am
rillegas08
Ablazed

To avoid any confusion on anyone's part, I propose when we talk about saints we mean devout Christians that are living, and when we talk about Saints we mean devout Christians who have died (St. Thomas Aquinas, etc.) Concensus?

lol what happened to marry mckillop >.> is she a saint yet?

but you think there will be any thats "well known" and people idolize them?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:48 am
The Pied Piper of Sunday
^_^
the old myth is to be a Saint,
three miracle must be done through you by G/god.

whats the three miracles?  

No place like 127 0 0 1

No place like 127 0 0 1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:22 pm
REM Sleep
I'm going to be a saint one day! xd

well..good luck on that biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:39 pm
ROFL my last name is Saint. xd

I think we, as Christians, are all called to be saints.

[~Drama Queen~]

6,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Vondra

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:49 pm
I believe that we are all called to be disciples of Christ. smile Which, I suppose, is the same as everyone being called to be a saint of Christ. (?)  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:53 pm
Saints (as in Catholicism and others of that strain of Christianity) have to go through a whole canonization process. right now I think they are trying to get Mother Teresa canonized as a Saint as well as Pope John Paul II.

So, in answer to the question, there will be Saints in the future.  

SloanSage

Orizion

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:29 am
Ablazed

I didn't know you're Catholic! I don't believe in purgatory. If you want to know why, PM me (fairly long explanation).

I also believe that as soon as someone becomes a Christ follower, and after said person is baptized[/], (s)he is already a Saint. Jesus Himself told us that we are Priests as well. But, remember that Jesus is the High Priest.  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff