Welcome to Gaia! ::

Which character/creature would you like to see art of next?

Mikey 0.12941176470588 12.9% [ 11 ]
John 0.082352941176471 8.2% [ 7 ]
Fluffs (post which one) 0.41176470588235 41.2% [ 35 ]
Father Garghoul 0.058823529411765 5.9% [ 5 ]
Malevobear 0.16470588235294 16.5% [ 14 ]
Other: Please post 0.15294117647059 15.3% [ 13 ]
Total Votes:[ 85 ]
< 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 25 26 27 > >>

Altruistic Giver

26,550 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Generous 100
  • Caroling Champ 100
The Phantom of the 0pera
STOP ME WHY? WHAT DID I DO?!

emotion_donotwant
YOUUUUUUUU.
-grabs rings- scream

But yay,another great chapter. emotion_kirakira

Winged Storyteller

62,425 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
The Phantom of the 0pera
STOP ME WHY? WHAT DID I DO?!

I think this is a case of mistaken identity. The Phantom needing stopping is a phantom of zOMG programming. You good sir are a phantom of the opera.

Original Phantom

Environmental Unity

Berryfarmer

LOL yeah I'm just messing with the people here. Great story vote up biggrin

Winged Storyteller

62,425 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
The Phantom of the 0pera
Environmental Unity

Berryfarmer

LOL yeah I'm just messing with the people here. Great story vote up biggrin

Glad you enjoy it, means a lot to me to hear that. And thanks for the <3

Lonely Member

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Awesome, Berry! Keep it up! Love how KJ is now part of the team! (: I also like how you add in other people from the forum in!

Bloodthirsty Demon

24,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Noble Shade 100
Another great one!

Winged Storyteller

62,425 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
It's taking me longer than normal to write Chapter 16. So I thought I might build some anticipation and collect responses to what I have to be the opening scene of the chapter. I'm still working on it when I can. Hope this whets your appetite.

.......................................................................................................................................

“You’re just like your mother, head always in the sky trying to hold on to tomorrow. I got news for you son we live in today.” As his father fades away the scene shifts to a hospital room. A girl is vaguely seen through the observation window of the operating room.

“We’re losing her.”

“She’s bleeding out.”

“Dammit where’s the suction.”

“No good she’s crashing.” The surgical team tries in vain to stabilize her vital functions, but nothing is working.

“We already lost the mother. Now we’re losing the daughter too? I hate this job sometimes.” The doctor pulls off his mask and turns off the machines as they scribble down the time and day on their ledger.

“If you hadn’t been so careless your mother and sister would both still be here.” He glared at his father from across the table at the burger place they went too after the funeral. The well of emotions keeps him from speaking.

The scenery changes to a young man, no older than 16, leaving home with a dingy suitcase under his arm. The contents are no more than few changes of clothes, some food, a laptop, and the most precious possession to the young man a picture of his younger self smiling with his now deceased mom and sister. “Yeah get out of here. As far as I care I have no son.” His father yells as the door slams shut.

The scene changes to that of a university registration office. The young man seems worn by two years of roughing it in the world alone, his figure is only a shadow of what he used to be. He still clutches the handle of a dingy suitcase. “And you said your name was what?” The person interviewing him asks. The man stares down at the name he wrote on his application, before replying.

“Crier, Michael J. Crier.” He had used his mother’s name to apply trying to leave behind the memory of his father.

“Hmm records show a Michael J. Berth Jr., born to a Cassandra Crier and a Michael Berth Sr. would that happen to be you?” The interviewer asks. Mikey looks down before nodding, he hadn’t been able to escape his father’s name, no matter where he went in the two years people knew of his father. He was forced to hear another boring story about how the guy sitting across from him had met his father at a convention and about how nice he was. Mikey gritted his teeth because he knew better.

Lonely Member

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
No hurry, Berry and thanks for the preview! (:

Shadowy Shapeshifter

39,525 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
yeah take your time man, if ya rush you wont feel as good about it, an if thats the case it may not be as good as your usual stuff

but that preview looks good -mew
So yeah, I'm up through the end of chapter 10 and I'm officially in love with this thing, so I wanted to make sure the thread doesn't become "old and decrepit" (curse this new anti-necro feature!).

...please tell me there's fanart of this somewhere, because do want.

Space Genius

How's the backstory chapter going? It's been a long, long two months. But if good writing takes time, I would wait years if I have to 3nodding and don't forgot commas!
...You still writing, right?

Winged Storyteller

62,425 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Still writing. Life's been busy, between selling junk on ebay and looking for a job, among other things. About a 4th of the way through the chapter, going slow due to little time. I have however tried my hand at doing some character art. My first attempt with digital art, and it took me a little over two weeks at 30 minutes a night.

User Image
Yay, I caught up! Only that means I have to wait for more. Boo. sad I love this story. I think it just keeps getting better as it goes on. My favorite -- and in a way, least favorite -- aspect is actually what we hear about the lost crews. It's both chilling and tragic. (Hence the "in a way, least favorite"...it makes me have so much feelings crying Mage's journal omg I died.) I also want to see more about the backgrounds of the crew, all of them, and on a related note I love what you do with flashbacks. And KJ, I actually didn't expect her to join the good guys -- I did think she would betray the Phantom, but only to continue the quest for domination her own way. Her of all people...but it works out. And the fight scenes are awesome, and the NPC dialogue sounds exactly like it could have come from the game, and the story is just so focused with barely any filler, and the worldbuilding, and the ring and Animated concepts, and the characters, and all the other trials and side stuff with helping people, and the uhh...goddammit I just ******** love everything okay? I'm just wondering though, what happened to the claw hands they mysteriously grew after arriving in Chapter 2? Also, what was with Penelope and that sickness? It disappeared as soon as they beat Frosti and somehow seemed to make her more powerful near the end. Uhh I'm sure I have more questions but I can't think of any offhand. Also also, epic shock factor throughout chapter twelve. I hit the wham line and literally was just like, holy s**t. (I'm so glad I don't have a roommate to yell at me for bursting out like that at four in the morning.) Although I'm surprised they aren't/weren't more bothered by the revelation; if I were in their shoes, and found out that the enemy I was fighting wasn't just programming but other players, other people who had tried and failed to save the world before me...even if they were irrevocably corrupted, and even if I didn't know or like them personally...I'd be pretty shaken. But anyway omg so much excitement and depth and can I take this story home with me and keep it as a pet I love it so much

(Get used to this; I get really excited about stories sometimes. Aelious can attest to that. Three years down the line and I haven't let him forget it. xd I am the quintessential obsessive fan...and you're stuck with me for life now.)

Winged Storyteller

62,425 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
LabTech Kestin
Yay, I caught up! Only that means I have to wait for more. Boo. sad I love this story. I think it just keeps getting better as it goes on.

Glad you like it so far. ^_^

Quote:
My favorite -- and in a way, least favorite -- aspect is actually what we hear about the four lost crews. It's both chilling and tragic. (Hence the "in a way, least favorite"...it makes me have so much feelings crying Mage's journal omg I died.)

Part of this next chapter is about some survivors from lost crews. And it's going to lead to something eerie in the final chapters, when I get there.

Quote:
I also want to see more about the backgrounds of the crew, all of them, and on a related note I love what you do with flashbacks.

I'm going to try and give each character at least one chapter where they get their history told before the end.

Quote:
And KJ, I actually didn't expect her to join the good guys -- I did think she would betray the Phantom, but only to continue the quest for domination her own way. Her of all people...but it works out.

Who says she isn't still a villain? Perhaps she's using the heroes to eliminate The Phantom for her.

Quote:
NPC dialogue sounds exactly like it could have come from the game, and the story is just so focused with barely any filler, and the worldbuilding, and the ring and Animated concepts, and the characters, and all the other trials and side stuff with helping people, and the uhh...goddammit I just ******** love everything okay?

I tried to stay true to the spirit of zOMG! Thanks for catching that.

Quote:
I'm just wondering though, what happened to the claw hands they mysteriously grew after arriving in Chapter 12? Also, what was with Penelope and that sickness? It disappeared as soon as they beat Frosti and somehow seemed to make her more powerful near the end.

Oh, if I told you the answers right now it would spoil the plot for another chapter, but I'll give you something to think about for the claws... It has to do with Ghi, both channeling it and the infusion process that causes things to become animated. The sickness, it made her more reckless and was caused by Frosti's evil. One mean snowman, right? But what's to say it won't resurface as a future plot point, The Phantom intends to take over the world by enslaving people in zOMG! and making them spread a disease in the real world, the plague of Thenedrana could have been a prototype.

Quote:
Uhh I'm sure I have more questions but I can't think of any offhand.

If you think of any, post them. If it won't reveal too much I'll answer. If it does reveal too much to answer I'll let you know.

Quote:
Also also, epic shock factor throughout chapter twelve. I hit the wham line and literally was just like, holy s**t. (I'm so glad I don't have a roommate to yell at me for bursting out like that at four in the morning.) Although I'm surprised they aren't/weren't more bothered by the revelation; if I were in their shoes, and found out that the enemy I was fighting wasn't just programming but other players, other people who had tried and failed to save the world before me...even if they were irrevocably corrupted, and even if I didn't know or like them personally...I'd be pretty shaken.

Oh they were bothered, that's actually something they get a chance to stop and talk about, writing that dialog as I type this response actually. But they were more focused on the mission, and given the urgency they pushed down the feelings until later.

Quote:
(Get used to this; I get really excited about stories sometimes. Aelious can attest to that. Three years down the line and I haven't let him forget it. xd I am the quintessential obsessive fan...and you're stuck with me for life now.)

Again, glad you enjoy it. I hope you continue to enjoy it as I'm able to get more material out.

Shadowy Shapeshifter

39,525 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
gota say i still love reading this story man, if anything gaia should hire you on to do stories for their games and all, keep it up man -mew

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff