Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hopefully; he is moving though them quickly, so you might have a chance! c:

Gracious Hunter

11,800 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
can we rage yet about his post about having planned to lay mavdoc off 2 months ago?
meow-meow-kitty69
can we rage yet about his post about having planned to lay mavdoc off 2 months ago?

I would. c:
/tired

Savage Fairy

24,600 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Rage away. Laying off Mav was the worst thing that they could have done. Environments are his specialty. Not JK's.
Got my questions answers. Looks like Gaia can't afford to have mavdoc or have anyone added to the team. I guess meeting the buddy sale goal was just good enough to keep zomg development from dieing altogether. Also it looks like if you don't get your post on the first page it won't get answered, ever.

Savage Fairy

24,600 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
And I was keeping a close eye on the GCD too. I refresh once and suddenly there's a new AtA thread with 6 replies on the first page already.
My secrets for 1st page posting:

I had a firefox add-on called check4change that can tell you when a page updates, had it set to check lanzer's post history page every 2 minutes, and had my questions already typed up so I just copied and pasted.

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
User Image
AtA ended so I couldn't respond to your post, meow, but Gaia never announces or warns who is going to be laid off. I mean, I had absolutely no idea who had gotten laid off back in November until someone made a list of who got laid off in the GCD.

Anyway, I'd like to know which mules Gaia staff uses to play zOMG. -pokes his final post-
User Image

Savage Fairy

24,600 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
I don't expect HQ to announce every time that someone gets laid off or leaves Gaia. My problem is that they knew that Mav was going to be let go 2 months ago, but didn't tell him til the last minute.
At least he got a 3 week notice thanks to the contract after his regular position ended.

Savage Fairy

24,600 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Yeah. Thank goodness for that.

Familiar Lunatic

• Prepare a bunch of questions in advance.
  • Sort them in order of importance.
  • Compile them in one big reply waiting to be copied.
  • All those who attend the ATA post that big list of questions as soon as they can.
  • Then they go back and edit out a number of questions so that all those who posted the big list only have 3 questions each...

...let's try an example: say we have 9 questions, we sort them by how important they are.
Three of us decide to attend and are anxiously waiting for the thread to appear, the 9 questions list ready to be pasted.
ATA starts, the 3 players manage to get the second, fifth, and tenth post.
The player who got the second post edits out question 4 to 9. (1,2,3,-,-,-,-,-,-)
The one who caught the fifth place edits out 1 to 3 and 7 to 9. (-,-,-,4,5,6,-,-,-)
The last one takes out question 1 to 6 out of his post. (-,-,-,-,-,-,7,8,9)

Huh, stuff. This way we could give our crucial questions a better chance °3°

Vicious Vampire

14,650 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Partygoer 500
~Legal Bump~

Savage Fairy

24,600 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250