Welcome to Gaia! ::

Invisible Visionary

17,050 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
Red Kutai

The most natural solution I can think of in that regard would be the addition of a one-time 'Buddy training' quest, that grants 'Buddy treats' as a reward. If the quest requires Buddies to complete, the rewards could scale depending on the number of Buddies equipped, allowing greater rewards for those with multiple Buddies, up to a predictable limit; if not, though, it could serve as incentive for those who don't already own Buddies to buy one, to make use of the free 'treats'. Either way, I don't think Marketplace flooding would be a huge issue; since the 'treats' would have a limited duration anyway (much like Powerups), the market for them would naturally desaturate over time. sweatdrop

*oops, posted without replying! sweatdrop

The only concern I have with a "training" sequence for buddies, is that it might begin to be more work than the feature is worth.

Benevolent Codger

Tarot Rune
The only concern I have with a "training" sequence for buddies, is that it might begin to be more work than the feature is worth.

If our devs are genuinely unable to design a single quest chain which is fun enough to justify the effort, this game is dead-in-the-water no matter what we do. gonk

What I mean to say, rather, is that I think they can manage... sweatdrop

Benevolent Codger

Added one Ring suggestion thread; perhaps not worth the bump on its own, but that doesn't appear to be stopping me... 3nodding

Dangerous Humorist

8,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
Best thread evur emotion_kirakira
I approve LOL

EDIT: I also love the exact one month wait on the bumps XD

Omnipresent Warlord

I'd tell you that the first thing I'd do if Clan chat was fixed for good would be to start a clan for anyone who does DMS farming and Bloodlust runs regularly. That way finding people would be so much easier if I just hit up on clan chat,

Benevolent Codger

Ruike Raka
I approve LOL

"Attain Ms. Raka's approval" can now formally be checked-off my 'bucket list'. 3nodding

I try not to let it go much longer than a month, but I'm rarely that precise. I'll admit I took undue satisfaction from that precision, as completely accidental as it may have been... sweatdrop

Dangerous Humorist

8,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
Red Kutai
Ruike Raka
I approve LOL

"Attain Ms. Raka's approval" can now formally be checked-off my 'bucket list'. 3nodding

Easy on the sarcasm there, Kutai stare
LOL

I just found it odd that it was exactly one month. I'll gladly bump and contribute a thing or two to keep this alive. It's rather well built, in my opinion 3nodding

Bashful Sweetheart

8,450 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Nerd 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
I would buy powerup/ring that makes you invisible to all animated for a short time so you don't have loads of them ganging up on you until you're ready.

Benevolent Codger

Ruike Raka
I just found it odd that it was exactly one month.

Here, I'd intended to do it again, then got side-tracked by 'real life' for almost a week. redface

So much for random precision... sweatdrop

Dangerous Humorist

8,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
Red Kutai
Ruike Raka
I just found it odd that it was exactly one month.

Here, I'd intended to do it again, then got side-tracked by 'real life' for almost a week. redface

So much for random precision... sweatdrop

Oh darn ;D Almost!
Yeah I've been a little busy again myself... RIGHT after I come out with another event that I need to make 1.5 mil for -.=

Winged Phantom

18,725 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300

Fashionable Humorist

14,000 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Winged 100
This thread needs to be sticky'd. ASAP.

Benevolent Codger

ValKyrie Ragepunk

I'd be concerned that sticky'ing the thread might send the wrong message, in a couple of different ways. Firstly, it would make it very easy for players to misinterpret it as a 'To-do List' for the developers, where these ideas are all intended to be used at some point - which obviously isn't the case, especially while we're in 'maintenance mode'. Alternatively, it may come across as a 'Do Not Post List', discouraging users from posting ideas that are similar to the ones listed; discouraging users from sharing ideas is entirely counter to the intention of the thread, though. I'm not sure there's really any way of sticky'ing suggestions that would dodge those two issues, so I'm comfortable simply trying to keep the thread bumped enough to be seen occasionally without belying its significance one way or another. 3nodding

It's very flattering for you to say, nonetheless; I'm just not sure it's really a serviceable proposition... sweatdrop

Fashionable Humorist

14,000 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Winged 100
Red Kutai
ValKyrie Ragepunk

I'd be concerned that sticky'ing the thread might send the wrong message, in a couple of different ways. Firstly, it would make it very easy for players to misinterpret it as a 'To-do List' for the developers, where these ideas are all intended to be used at some point - which obviously isn't the case, especially while we're in 'maintenance mode'. Alternatively, it may come across as a 'Do Not Post List', discouraging users from posting ideas that are similar to the ones listed; discouraging users from sharing ideas is entirely counter to the intention of the thread, though. I'm not sure there's really any way of sticky'ing suggestions that would dodge those two issues, so I'm comfortable simply trying to keep the thread bumped enough to be seen occasionally without belying its significance one way or another. 3nodding

It's very flattering for you to say, nonetheless; I'm just not sure it's really a serviceable proposition... sweatdrop

I believe that it would cut down on the multitude of threads that clog up the forum as it is. I have already had a friend who was looking for a way to post his ideas, without creating a whole new thread, want to post into yours. I think it would be a good way to link our own community of artists and mini "developers" together. Who knows, the more positive activity they see here, the more they might actually want to invest in zOMG. Overall, I feel like this forum needs more threads such as this one to help guide more players to the right answers/information. Not just the thread of the hour, hopefully answering their questions... Instead of just looking at the z!F first page and saying, "MY ANSWER ISN'T THERE, POST THREAD!!!"

And in my opinion it wouldn't be seen as a "To-DO-List", more as an archive that can be added to and edited to give the various Admin of Gaia a better idea of what the Community thinks. It isn't something that far-fetched because they have taken from Berryfarmer's extensive thread of glitches and made their own sticky regarding bugs in zOMG. Although, it was by the posting of another user that both of those threads are now "linked".

3nodding

Edit: And the less I see about PvP threads, the better. emotion_dowant

Benevolent Codger

ValKyrie Ragepunk
I believe that it would cut down on the multitude of threads that clog up the forum as it is. I have already had a friend who was looking for a way to post his ideas, without creating a whole new thread, want to post into yours. I think it would be a good way to link our own community of artists and mini "developers" together. Who knows, the more positive activity they see here, the more they might actually want to invest in zOMG. Overall, I feel like this forum needs more threads such as this one to help guide more players to the right answers/information. Not just the thread of the hour, hopefully answering their questions... Instead of just looking at the z!F first page and saying, "MY ANSWER ISN'T THERE, POST THREAD!!!"

And in my opinion it wouldn't be seen as a "To-DO-List", more as an archive that can be added to and edited to give the various Admin of Gaia a better idea of what the Community thinks. It isn't something that far-fetched because they have taken from Berryfarmer's extensive thread of glitches and made their own sticky regarding bugs in zOMG. Although, it was by the posting of another user that both of those threads are now "linked".

3nodding

I think both of those are really just visibility issues, which I can address by simply trying to bump the thread more often; I avoid doing it too regularly because I want to give the Forum some room to breathe, and if I'm constantly knocking threads off the first page it hinders that. It's hard to find a good balance in the Forum between 'spam' and 'stale', and I'm simply trying to avoid pushing it too far toward the latter.

If we think it would help, though, I believe I've got more than enough half-baked ideas that I could use as poorly-disguised bumps, if the thread needs to be kept more visible - generally I reserve those thoughts for guilds and such, but I suppose it wouldn't hurt to toss them out here occasionally. Indeed, at the moment I'm trying to work out the mechanics for a ring called "Dig A Pony", to round out a Cowboy Set I'd been working on some time ago - but perhaps I should have saved that for a bump, later? redface

EDIT: I don't mind the PvP threads, personally; I simply wish they'd be more specific. Even if the developers had the resources to achieve PvP, they've yet to figure out precisely how they'd want to do so. I think there's still plenty of room for discussion on the topic, but I agree that those threads rarely take advantage of that opportunity... sweatdrop

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff