Welcome to Gaia! ::

To the battle system team:
Will that karma system be introduced with the release of battle? Also Our weapons are they going to be used with the game along with the rings? 'm wondering about this clan business... Another thing that has caught my train of thought will we be able to Fight each other as in an arena-type thing or something?

To all the gaians: What do you think the system is going to be like?
What do you think the other rings are going to be?
None of these things are clear yet but the first release will not have pvp it will be included later.
Yeah you got a point there... also I'm exploring the other sybjects I posted s well to start debates and stuff.
Q- Will that karma system be introduced with the release of battle?
A-Seems kind of strange, how would they determine what's good or bad?

Q- Also, are our weapons are they going to be used with the game along with the rings?
A-No. They will not.

Q- I'm wondering about this clan business...
A-Be more specific, but most all details are still sketchy.

Q- Will we be able to Fight each other as in an arena-type thing or something?
A- There will be some form of PvP eventually, but no one really knows and the Devs aren't talking about very much.

The Gaia Battle System will probably be like a more violent version of Towns with lots of rather pretty looking attacks. I think the other rings will just be souped up and tricked out and modifed and reorganized versions of the starter rings.
bet the markets are goig to be filled with that special monster armor you get I might become a millionaire just wanted to say that bye!!
Umm sorry but...... karma system? What the frak is that supposed to be, some kind of reputation gauge for how much others like you or something?
Oh god I hope they don't put a 'karma' system in, the whole good/evil idea is purely based off of the popular thought on such an idea
I don't know about the karma system.
Uhm, >>; Read the stickies?! I mean they've said over and over that you won't use weapons. Just rings.
I'm guessing clans will be just groups of people playing together. They've mentioned a PvP feature but not with the release of the BS.
since were all using rings does that mean we'll all be like mages or something? or will they make melee type rings?

Naughty Rogue

5,950 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Friend of the Goat 100
Pictures-Fade
I don't know about the karma system.
Uhm, >>; Read the stickies?! I mean they've said over and over that you won't use weapons. Just rings.
I'm guessing clans will be just groups of people playing together. They've mentioned a PvP feature but not with the release of the BS.

@ Pictures Fade~ Actually this clan concept makes the MMO quite feasible.

As for the game theory of a *Karma System* :
SAKPS: Server Admins Karma Priority System (gaming)

This is an automatic system to rate the proper (or unproper) behavior of players.

A new player starts at 50 karma points. The maximum score is 100. When you finish a game successfully, you earn 1 Karma point. If you are the first player to quit a game on purpose (ie: to quit without resuming), you lose 5 points as a punishment.

Dots divide Karma into 5 levels:

* 0-19: *
* 20-39: **
* 40-59: ***
* 60-79: ****
* 80-100: *****

You may specify a minimum level of Karma when creating a new game.

Note that you cannot ask for a Karma level that would be higher than your own level.

Reference:
Days of Wonder

Versatile Vampire

24,125 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
The karma system that I know of was mentioned in context with the rare items - the more you donated gold to other people, the more random events you got (if I remember correctly). I dunno if they're using it for the BS (or how they'd implement it if they were - maybe for critical strikes or something).

My two cents on the other points have already been covered by other people ^.^
The Karma system I'm familiar with is the one that deals with PKers. If some one PKed they racked up karma points, consequently if they happened to die, they are thrown into prison. <.< I sure hope that Gaia will never place THAT Karma system in the Battle System.
eheh the karma system is a super secret project Gaia had in the plans,
it was something related to the rare event too, but I don't know how it ended,
or if it was junked or anything.
yo bump this suks bump

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items