Spock 0.080736543909348 8.1% [ 114 ]
Yoda 0.1742209631728 17.4% [ 246 ]
new suggestions (please post) 0.072237960339943 7.2% [ 102 ]
Total Votes:[ 1412 ]

Familiar Lunatic

scullylam
...but it be only 1 of a kind...
BLAH! What's tha point!?
If you make a gat doll, you gotta get the gat doll into every freakin' hand out there!
Say through the dumpster, as a rare drop, 'cause I'm fancy junk : V

That's how you spread happiness! And achieve world domination!!

Anyway, pricey too much, have to find another way =.=

Thought, maybe they could charge for extra copies, like a few bucks each so you can give your dolly likeness to friends without spending a small country's... GDP?... GNP? GNI? NNI? NPC? Thing.

Regardless, I hope there's something as interesting in wtv rewards/perks Sisky says are planned for whoever supports the site in non-financial ways. And I hope I qualify for that :U

Maybe a custom companion item; could be easier to make, just copy the full avatar in the proper place.

Say replace Marshall with...Red Kutai or wtv...
Whispering his brown, polite, numerous advice into your ears and eating all the flies that dare come...actually, that's kinda useful...

...Rambling again x P

Time-traveling Marshmallow

32,700 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
Kaniskion
scullylam
Kaniskion
scullylam
gataka
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaiit, custom SDPlus? for like 600$ ? =.=

$500. and if i had that much... yeah i would totally do it. then again, for that much money, there are so many other things to use it for. gaia tempts and trololoololol us so..

At least you can finally get that swarf doll you always wanted. Jonjon can maybe get his Marshall doll too. xd

sadly you can't. sad

i looked through the rules and it says it can only be the user who has the doll box that can order a doll. 2 pose doll. so swarf could get a doll, but it be only 1 of a kind. you can't order a marshall doll and pretty much npcs are out of the question. it kinda is lame but understandable. but anyway swarf deserves a doll and i am sure that since there are new staff at hq, maybe staff dolls will roll out again.

by the way, i didn't realize this club thing caused an uproar here on the site. good thing this thread is a safe zone. (gcd is kinda scary. even the club's guild is full of crazy... @_@ )

Well, I noticed the doll box can be sold in the mp so I think anyone with the right amount of gold could get a custom doll made as well. Not having NPCs is a bad idea though. Oh well. We'll just have to wait and see what comes of it.

And people will always rage every time Gaia makes a decision to monetize something. It's nothing new. wink

the users always rage. xd

well, i would assume gaia will make dolls of ALL the npcs they have on the site. it should happen and that would make it cheaper than paying for a custom marshall doll. *thinks about marshall* crying now i want a marshall doll. baaawwwwww.

gataka
scullylam
...but it be only 1 of a kind...
BLAH! What's tha point!?
If you make a gat doll, you gotta get the gat doll into every freakin' hand out there!
Say through the dumpster, as a rare drop, 'cause I'm fancy junk : V

That's how you spread happiness! And achieve world domination!!

Anyway, pricey too much, have to find another way =.=

Thought, maybe they could charge for extra copies, like a few bucks each so you can give your dolly likeness to friends without spending a small country's... GDP?... GNP? GNI? NNI? NPC? Thing.

Regardless, I hope there's something as interesting in wtv rewards/perks Sisky says are planned for whoever supports the site in non-financial ways. And I hope I qualify for that :U

Maybe a custom companion item; could be easier to make, just copy the full avatar in the proper place.

Say replace Marshall with...Red Kutai or wtv...
Whispering his brown, polite, numerous advice into your ears and eating all the flies that dare come...actually, that's kinda useful...

...Rambling again x P

"»Will you ever sell my custom doll to other users for Gaia Cash or gold or give it away for free in a contest?
No, we will never distribute your custom SDPlus doll in any form. The Club Verge Custom Gaian SDPlus is redeemable for ONE copy of your very own custom doll and no other copies will be made without your permission."

the last part, i was taking it you can have your minion be available to all. and i want that too. more fun to see a user gaian doll out there for all to get. and even though you paid the $500 for its creation, that is still pretty deserving. spread that loooooooove allllll around. biggrin

sadly the rules is pretty much 1 doll for $500. no other copies can be given to friends unless you get another box for $500 and request again. so the only way is giving permission to gaia to sell you in a rig for the low price of 149gc. xd

lol!!!!! darcy as a companion would be hilarious. i know a few that would love that idea.

Rogue

dark meion gashe
I told scully about this but I guess I should let you guys know that me and darky are in the middle of completing our very own marshall yarn doll !! heart

Mine is the big one

User Image

Didn't take a pict of Darky's mini marshall. She was busy making the helmet with yarn threads while i was so into tv eek
Mine is the giant one U_U
almost there
User Image
Leasfy
dark meion gashe
I told scully about this but I guess I should let you guys know that me and darky are in the middle of completing our very own marshall yarn doll !! heart

Mine is the big one

Didn't take a pict of Darky's mini marshall. She was busy making the helmet with yarn threads while i was so into tv eek
almost there

It looks like Marshall was mummified in his own suit. gonk

Mega Hoarder

scullylam

"»Will you ever sell my custom doll to other users for Gaia Cash or gold or give it away for free in a contest?
No, we will never distribute your custom SDPlus doll in any form. The Club Verge Custom Gaian SDPlus is redeemable for ONE copy of your very own custom doll and no other copies will be made without your permission."

the last part, i was taking it you can have your minion be available to all. and i want that too. more fun to see a user gaian doll out there for all to get. and even though you paid the $500 for its creation, that is still pretty deserving. spread that loooooooove allllll around. biggrin

sadly the rules is pretty much 1 doll for $500. no other copies can be given to friends unless you get another box for $500 and request again. so the only way is giving permission to gaia to sell you in a rig for the low price of 149gc. xd

lol!!!!! darcy as a companion would be hilarious. i know a few that would love that idea.

so wait, one of the verge items is a custom doll? But it can't be an NPC?

I could make one of myself and give it away or sell it though?

And hey I'd find it very funny if they sold me as a doll, I'd be glad to give them permission! xd Though I think there would be few sales, lol

Time-traveling Marshmallow

32,700 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
RafiCat
scullylam

And hey I'd find it very funny if they sold me as a doll, I'd be glad to give them permission! xd Though I think there would be few sales, lol

they just made a blog post that has all the info in it. linky

Mega Hoarder

scullylam
RafiCat
scullylam

they just made a blog post that has all the info in it. linky

thanks scully, very interesting.

I'm not a member, and don't expect to be, and if I was, I couldn't afford this anyway! blaugh But I do think it's a cool idea. Though why anyone would want to equip a doll of themselves I don't know. Would be fun tho to put it in the mp and see what you're worth! xd
Kaniskion
Mavdoc
Kaniskion
Mavdoc

So Mav. I was stalking your profile and more specifically your comments and I was pretty shocked to find out that you worked on the game, Bastion. I only played the demo but I really loved how it looked. More importantly, that game was very well received by the gaming world and went on to win many awards and sell very well. I seriously can't believe you don't advertise this accomplishment more. surprised

Thanks Silk! biggrin Yeah, it only comes up when others might ask me about it in dev meats or something I guess. xd Sorry, I thought most people knew about it.

I've never been good at "tooting my own horn" for stuff like this, even back when I had my own art site and my peers with the same were promoting themselves all over online and offline for exposure. sweatdrop

I still think you should mention it on your profile. Even a single line will do. razz

I notcied the game credits you for "map beautification". What does that mean? I assume it means you designed the levels I hope? sweatdrop

Okay, I'll think about adding that to my profile. mrgreen

Basically the artist for Bastion, Jen Zee (also a former Gaia zOMG! dev! biggrin ), painted different individual assets like a tree, barrel, plank of wood, bush, rock, chunk of ground etc. Then the game designer laid out placeholder assets showing how the level would flow, like there is a branching path here, a large fighting area there, an item pickup here, a scripted event that would play when you step there etc.

Then after that, I would use all the assets that Jen created and the existing framework of how the level would flow, and populate it all giving the level it's personality and theme. This was done by taking the base assets and duplicating thousands of them and individually scaling, rotating, tinting/shadowing the pieces, plus adding lighting and collision.

I love noodling out tiny little details and making stories of sort in game environments, so I had a lot of fun working on the levels! 3nodding Plus I came up with a load of tricks for using the assets in ways they weren't intended, like using a patch of snow through many different levels as tree shadows, patchy grass, fog and even water waves by manipulating its color, opacity and placement. xd

Most of the official screenshots of Bastion online are from early in the project when they had only worked on the starter levels. I started working on the game after this time, so the levels I worked on are mostly only represented through YouTube videos and other user-made sources.
RafiCat

I'm not a member, and don't expect to be, and if I was, I couldn't afford this anyway! blaugh But I do think it's a cool idea. Though why anyone would want to equip a doll of themselves I don't know. Would be fun tho to put it in the mp and see what you're worth! xd

That's been my major problem with the custom doll too. I can't imagine anyone being narcissistic enough to create a doll of their own likeliness and equip it themselves. I can only imagine very rich couples and friends gifting each other dolls of themselves. xp

Mega Hoarder

Kaniskion
RafiCat

That's been my major problem with the custom doll too. I can't imagine anyone being narcissistic enough to create a doll of their own likeliness and equip it themselves. I can only imagine very rich couples and friends gifting each other dolls of themselves. xp

Yes, I was just thinking it would be nice to make one of my daughter's fiance that she could carry around, lol

And I would bet gold that there are some who will be that narcissic!
Leasfy
dark meion gashe

Mine is the big one

User Image

almost there
User Image

That looks great Leasfy! biggrin Please keep us all updated on the progress.

Now there is going to be scully's Marshall, dragontshd's Marshall, and the two you guys are working on-- all created in different styles! 3nodding Soon Marshall will exist everywhere in every form. emotion_facepalm

emotion_awesome

Mega Hoarder

rofl

Marshall madness! Guess it's contagious!
Mavdoc
Kaniskion
Mavdoc
Kaniskion
Mavdoc

So Mav. I was stalking your profile and more specifically your comments and I was pretty shocked to find out that you worked on the game, Bastion. I only played the demo but I really loved how it looked. More importantly, that game was very well received by the gaming world and went on to win many awards and sell very well. I seriously can't believe you don't advertise this accomplishment more. surprised

Thanks Silk! biggrin Yeah, it only comes up when others might ask me about it in dev meats or something I guess. xd Sorry, I thought most people knew about it.

I've never been good at "tooting my own horn" for stuff like this, even back when I had my own art site and my peers with the same were promoting themselves all over online and offline for exposure. sweatdrop

I still think you should mention it on your profile. Even a single line will do. razz

I notcied the game credits you for "map beautification". What does that mean? I assume it means you designed the levels I hope? sweatdrop

Okay, I'll think about adding that to my profile. mrgreen

Basically the artist for Bastion, Jen Zee (also a former Gaia zOMG! dev! biggrin ), painted different individual assets like a tree, barrel, plank of wood, bush, rock, chunk of ground etc. Then the game designer laid out placeholder assets showing how the level would flow, like there is a branching path here, a large fighting area there, an item pickup here, a scripted event that would play when you step there etc.

Then after that, I would use all the assets that Jen created and the existing framework of how the level would flow, and populate it all giving the level it's personality and theme. This was done by taking the base assets and duplicating thousands of them and individually scaling, rotating, tinting/shadowing the pieces, plus adding lighting and collision.

I love noodling out tiny little details and making stories of sort in game environments, so I had a lot of fun working on the levels! 3nodding Plus I came up with a load of tricks for using the assets in ways they weren't intended, like using a patch of snow through many different levels as tree shadows, patchy grass, fog and even water waves by manipulating its color, opacity and placement. xd

Most of the official screenshots of Bastion online are from early in the project when they had only worked on the starter levels. I started working on the game after this time, so the levels I worked on are mostly only represented through YouTube videos and other user-made sources.

Thanks for explaining it to me, Mav. It does sound exactly like level design, perhaps a more complicated version of it. It also helps that for many years through highschool and college, I was an active modder so I've worked with quite a few map editors. 3nodding

And I'm aware of Jenzee doing the art on the game too. Apparently she still works for the same company. biggrin

I'm sure I'll be able to appreciate your work first hand as I just recently bought it off the steam summer sale. mrgreen
The dev meat thread has spoken! This week the theme has been chosen already. Join us tonight to be one of the "Wolf Pack"! mrgreen

*insert Twilight joke here* wink

Let's meat up tonight outside the She Wolf den in Bass'ken Lake on Bladed Vase server at 5pm PST tonight. 3nodding

Disclaimer: Terry "Lone Wolf" Bogard does NOT count as a legitimate cosplay! xd

Mega Hoarder

Mavdoc
The dev meat thread has spoken! This week the theme has been chosen already. Join us tonight to be one of the "Wolf Pack"! mrgreen

*insert Twilight joke here* wink

Let's meat up tonight outside the She Wolf den in Bass'ken Lake on Bladed Vase server at 5pm PST tonight. 3nodding

Disclaimer: Terry "Lone Wolf" Bogard does NOT count as a legitimate cosplay! xd

I was going to suggest "fire" because of the Mountain Center fire currently raging out of control here.

But hey, wolves works for me!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces