Welcome to Gaia! ::

I think its just a silly concept is all. More imagination would have been nice, and more time on Gaia's part

And you're right. We don't have to play it. Real MMOs are for that
Lord Dragonbane
Zephier
Well, on Gaia's behalf, we are sorry that they are making it fair for the newer members. rolleyes

:: Dear Humanity; I hate you ::

Fair?

Hardly. With the ring system they've stated that ring drops will be fairly rare. This being the case, merchants will pop up quickly and begin selling what rings they can get their hands on. Likely the best rings will be rare ones, and with rarity comes higher prices. In the end, those who have the most gold (likely those who have been on the longest) will still rule the BS.

And excluding the weapons entirely isn't "fair" either. They easily could have made it where all weapons start at a base level, no matter when it was released. Give them a minor special effect (like a flame sword doing specifically fire damage or something) and nobody starts off stronger than anybody else.

So no, it's not "fair". It'll still be very unfair. From what we hear of the ring system and the "rarity" involved, it'll be just like with the donation items. The less there are of an object, the higher it's price on the market is... and there will be rings sold on the market. The rich will still be the most powerful, and the way Gaia's economy (and so far, almost all of it's games) works... there's nothing that can be done to stop that.

What's not fair is that they released these weapons, and continually promised us a battle system for the last four years. Weapons and Battle System... how does that not go hand in hand. If they weren't going to include the weapons, they could have said so a long time ago, before weapon collectors got all psyched up. Letting down so many users like this... that's not fair.

So in the end fairness is fairly irrelevent. The elites will always be the elites, and one can only hope to claw their way up into that "respected" class. That's how it is, and that's how it always will be here on Gaia.

:: That is all. ::

Very well said. Amen to you man. surprised
smashbrolink
If you don't like the system, it's not like Gaia is forcing you to play it.
Gaia will still have all the same things you love about it already when the system comes out, and that's not going to change anytime soon.
You are entitled to your opinion, but now the same complaints over and over again are just getting old.

Simple solution: If you don't like the Battle System, then don't participate in it when it comes out. wink

That's all, I'm out. ninja cheese_whine ninja

*applauds*

Glad to see common sense hasn't died out just yet.

gonk I mean...seriously. With all those "I HATE THE BATTLE SYSTEM" threads out there, you'd assume Gaia is making it a requirement.~_~;;
Lord Dragonbane
Zephier
Well, on Gaia's behalf, we are sorry that they are making it fair for the newer members. rolleyes

Fair?

Hardly. With the ring system they've stated that ring drops will be fairly rare. This being the case, merchants will pop up quickly and begin selling what rings they can get their hands on. Likely the best rings will be rare ones, and with rarity comes higher prices. In the end, those who have the most gold (likely those who have been on the longest) will still rule the BS.

And excluding the weapons entirely isn't "fair" either. They easily could have made it where all weapons start at a base level, no matter when it was released. Give them a minor special effect (like a flame sword doing specifically fire damage or something) and nobody starts off stronger than anybody else.

So no, it's not "fair". It'll still be very unfair. From what we hear of the ring system and the "rarity" involved, it'll be just like with the donation items. The less there are of an object, the higher it's price on the market is... and there will be rings sold on the market. The rich will still be the most powerful, and the way Gaia's economy (and so far, almost all of it's games) works... there's nothing that can be done to stop that.

What's not fair is that they released these weapons, and continually promised us a battle system for the last four years. Weapons and Battle System... how does that not go hand in hand. If they weren't going to include the weapons, they could have said so a long time ago, before weapon collectors got all psyched up. Letting down so many users like this... that's not fair.

So in the end fairness is fairly irrelevent. The elites will always be the elites, and one can only hope to claw their way up into that "respected" class. That's how it is, and that's how it always will be here on Gaia.

ok to start off with rich gaian's can buy all the powerful rings they want but unless they have enough experience they can't use them so it is fair razz

Gaia has stated before that the weapons will not be used for the battle system. The people who were collecting weapons could have figured out with a bit of smarts the the weapons from MC's would not be used because many users cannot donate and that would be unfair and unlike gaia.

I cannot argue with you about the 4 years thing because that is true it was unfair for gaia to promise it and take so long.

Gallant Hero

10,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Lord Dragonbane
Zephier

Fair?

I'd just like to point something out real quick:
It's already been stated that the items, such as Flameswords, will not factor into the combat abilities of your avatar. They will merely be for looks. All of your avi's strength will come from the rings, levelling-up, and the accesories/armors/in-game-purchased weapons that you equip them with.

Gallant Hero

10,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100
rofl I don't judge the idea of it. First I just try it out then see if I like it or not.

Gallant Hero

10,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100
MGi
rofl I don't judge the idea of it. First I just try it out then see if I like it or not.

That's the kind of mind-set everyone else needs. 3nodding
What are you guys talking about?

Gallant Hero

10,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Carlapulido
What are you guys talking about?

The front page should explain it all.

Gallant Hero

10,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Albel_Leingod2501
I think its just a silly concept is all. More imagination would have been nice, and more time on Gaia's part

And you're right. We don't have to play it. Real MMOs are for that

It's just barely starting out, of course it's going to be kind of bad at first. rofl

Gallant Hero

10,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100
RoMaN EmPiRe Queen
WOOT say it girl. Youre right, you DONT have to play it ^^

......^_^;; Uhh, I'm a man.^_^;;
WTF!!!

'I don't like the battle system' is not the problem here. Gaia still has time to change it. Hence forth the Damn Topic. The problem is that Assholes all over Gaia think that the battle system is made in stone and nobody can change it. Then they get this pissy entitlement and inferiority complex and feel like weapon and armor complaints are bothersome to ‘them’. WTF!!! I have been waiting for this battle system since the 7th grade. I’m a junior in high-School now. Contrary to my login date I have been waiting for this for quite sometime and now I get this piece-of-s**t ring system; then this a**-hole gets the gull to simply tell me not to play it. I’ve waited for this longer than most veterans, who the hell do you think you are that you can just write people off. Quit trying to tell people it’s not going to happen and to accept it. Trying putting your opinion in and voice your complaints (I seriously doubt that you found nothing wrong with the battle system and think it’s perfect as is). Gaia is made for its user’s and the battle system is made for its users. You have no right to say we can’t complain and tell people not to play it when it comes out is one the most disgraceful remarks I’ve ever heard.

aaleeyyee's King

Muscular Shoujo

13,300 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
What people don't realize is that the gaia "battle" system is really just arguments for and against a MMO-minigame that has yet to come out.

That's the real meat and bones of it.
To the Idiot that says we don't have to play the mmo:
If your not going to play.DON'T EVEN BOTHER POSTING FOR SOMETHING YOU DONT CARE ABOUT!!!!!!!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff