Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Would you like a solo sudden death competition?

Hell Yeah! 0.5375 53.8% [ 43 ]
Maybe 0.25 25.0% [ 20 ]
Nahhh 0.2125 21.2% [ 17 ]
Total Votes:[ 80 ]
This poll closed on June 20, 2010.
No longer accepting new votes.
<< < 1 2 ... 41 42 43

Bobannan's Wife

Desirable Sex Symbol

12,750 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
Starstorm Angel
S 4 X
Starstorm Angel
Quote:
With less priority, it is important to also scaredy cat or tape landstriders. It gives a free grace period where people take less damage and not worry as much about their health. If you can manage to scaredy or tape landstriders throughout all or most of the wave, it creates a much easier and successful run. When all other animated, (except shockroaches), are dead, focus on killing one landstrider, and continue to use your crowd control on the others.

In my opinion, (though I could be wrong), it seems to me to be higher priority to scare off the striders than the lightning bugs if your in a larger crew (4+).. Allowing a landstrider to deal upwards of 500 damage to each player in it's target area (likely several people in a larger crew) seems to be nothing short of suicide.

Also, if the team has enough healing to be able to do it successfully, having 1 person fight each strider (or more if there are enough people), rather than having the entire crew group up (omg ow the acid) and attack 1 of them, prevents the landstrider from using it's DoT attack at all. (nifty huh?)

/somethoughts

Lol are you guys still updating this thing? ^^

/late reply

Hardly, I just occasionally check here every few months and usually forget to even check the replies I get and sometimes update it if Im not to lazy xD

The problem with lightning bugs is if they aren't split up you can hardly kill them without most of your stamina and quite a bit of time, because they just heal each other, and at quite a fast pace too. The only scenario where I agree with you is if they are already split up and far away from each other attacking different people then scaring off landstriders while you finish the lightning bug. This whole thing shouldn't be a problem because multiple members should be carrying scaredy cat :3

However, once all the lightning bugs are dead, it is best to all attack the same landstrider. They die in much shorter a timer if they are all being attacked at once and the majority of the others can be scaredy catted. Otherwise they are alive too long and you have a good chance of not being able to finish them all without several breaks for stamina. That is a lot of healing causing a huge stamina drain on any healers and the players themselves and the results probably won't be good.

But thats just my opinion DX

Even if everyone in the crew has scaredy cat, it's hardly possible to scare ALL lightning bugs AND ALL striders, esp. at higher waves when willpower starts rising. The leftover scaredy power after scaredying the striders is usually enough to deal with lightning bugs.. (which aren't actually all that hard to kill when you're not DYING from acid.. I might be biased by having had so many crews that don't get the concept of spreading out. xd ) but that's my opinion. xd

Well you actually can kneel between attacks while fighting a single landstrider, if you manage to actually pull it off to have one person on each one.. which is really hard. sweatdrop I just don't like letting the striders attack large groups since each attack will then deal 2-3k damage.. sweatdrop

Dx I need to do hive again.. I haven't in so long.. sweatdrop

lol same here.

Well I dunno, you do have some good points but what I've done has always seemed to work for me, I'd need to try out what you're suggesting, but you know, it'd be difficult to get a crew and find the time to do it sometime x__X

Shameless Noob

15,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
S 4 X
Starstorm Angel
S 4 X
Starstorm Angel
Quote:
With less priority, it is important to also scaredy cat or tape landstriders. It gives a free grace period where people take less damage and not worry as much about their health. If you can manage to scaredy or tape landstriders throughout all or most of the wave, it creates a much easier and successful run. When all other animated, (except shockroaches), are dead, focus on killing one landstrider, and continue to use your crowd control on the others.

In my opinion, (though I could be wrong), it seems to me to be higher priority to scare off the striders than the lightning bugs if your in a larger crew (4+).. Allowing a landstrider to deal upwards of 500 damage to each player in it's target area (likely several people in a larger crew) seems to be nothing short of suicide.

Also, if the team has enough healing to be able to do it successfully, having 1 person fight each strider (or more if there are enough people), rather than having the entire crew group up (omg ow the acid) and attack 1 of them, prevents the landstrider from using it's DoT attack at all. (nifty huh?)

/somethoughts

Lol are you guys still updating this thing? ^^

/late reply

Hardly, I just occasionally check here every few months and usually forget to even check the replies I get and sometimes update it if Im not to lazy xD

The problem with lightning bugs is if they aren't split up you can hardly kill them without most of your stamina and quite a bit of time, because they just heal each other, and at quite a fast pace too. The only scenario where I agree with you is if they are already split up and far away from each other attacking different people then scaring off landstriders while you finish the lightning bug. This whole thing shouldn't be a problem because multiple members should be carrying scaredy cat :3

However, once all the lightning bugs are dead, it is best to all attack the same landstrider. They die in much shorter a timer if they are all being attacked at once and the majority of the others can be scaredy catted. Otherwise they are alive too long and you have a good chance of not being able to finish them all without several breaks for stamina. That is a lot of healing causing a huge stamina drain on any healers and the players themselves and the results probably won't be good.

But thats just my opinion DX

Even if everyone in the crew has scaredy cat, it's hardly possible to scare ALL lightning bugs AND ALL striders, esp. at higher waves when willpower starts rising. The leftover scaredy power after scaredying the striders is usually enough to deal with lightning bugs.. (which aren't actually all that hard to kill when you're not DYING from acid.. I might be biased by having had so many crews that don't get the concept of spreading out. xd ) but that's my opinion. xd

Well you actually can kneel between attacks while fighting a single landstrider, if you manage to actually pull it off to have one person on each one.. which is really hard. sweatdrop I just don't like letting the striders attack large groups since each attack will then deal 2-3k damage.. sweatdrop

Dx I need to do hive again.. I haven't in so long.. sweatdrop

lol same here.

Well I dunno, you do have some good points but what I've done has always seemed to work for me, I'd need to try out what you're suggesting, but you know, it'd be difficult to get a crew and find the time to do it sometime x__X

The guild might help, though it's been pretty dead lately... Maybe I'll send out an announcement next week after I'm done with finals. biggrin

Lol only question is if those are too fine of points... In 5-6 person hive, it can be hard enough to get the kill order right sometimes, let alone who's killing what strider. rofl

Newbie Noob

ɍ ê ѵ ê ɍ êη ρêɍɱɑηêηϲê ɗê ϲês ɭɑɍɱês

Woah, this thread's alive? o__________O

I need to Hive over winter break. D8

ȷê ѵɑɪs ϲ ɵ η ț ɪ η υ ê ɍ ɗê ɍêѵêɍ

Bobannan's Wife

Desirable Sex Symbol

12,750 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
TalonOfDrangor

Woah, this thread's alive? o__________O

I need to Hive over winter break. D8

Hardly lol

But I'd totally be up for some winter break hiving. 3nodding
hmmmm I HAVE AN IDEA WOW
we should like..like..um like yeah get old people and like hive not old old people but old players AND LIKE UM HIVE..over winter break

Newbie Noob

ccatman
hmmmm I HAVE AN IDEA WOW
we should like..like..um like yeah get old people and like hive not old old people but old players AND LIKE UM HIVE..over winter break

NO, THAT'S A TERRIBLE IDEA.

I think we should get old Hivers, though, and Hive over break. That'd be fun.

Shameless Noob

15,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
TalonOfDrangor
ccatman
hmmmm I HAVE AN IDEA WOW

Oooh biggrin biggrin I wanna join and like... poison it with my noobiness~ biggrin biggrin

Newbie Noob

Starstorm Angel
TalonOfDrangor
ccatman
hmmmm I HAVE AN IDEA WOW

Oooh biggrin biggrin I wanna join and like... poison it with my noobiness~ biggrin biggrin

Lolnaw, you're not that nooby. At least you know how to use rage. 8'D

I miss Hive ;__;

Shameless Noob

15,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
TalonOfDrangor
Starstorm Angel
TalonOfDrangor
ccatman
hmmmm I HAVE AN IDEA WOW

Lol what's rage? eek
TalonOfDrangor
ccatman
hmmmm I HAVE AN IDEA WOW

OH ME GAWD i would've never thought of that
GREAT IDEA

Newbie Noob

Starstorm Angel
TalonOfDrangor
Starstorm Angel
TalonOfDrangor
ccatman
hmmmm I HAVE AN IDEA WOW

Lol what's rage? eek

It's when you get really mad and you go berserk and chop everything to pieces, including other players. o:

Shameless Noob

15,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
TalonOfDrangor
Starstorm Angel
TalonOfDrangor
Starstorm Angel
TalonOfDrangor
ccatman
hmmmm I HAVE AN IDEA WOW

Lol what's rage? eek

It's when you get really mad and you go berserk and chop everything to pieces, including other players. o:

Lol this sounds really awesome! biggrin
oh ohoh oh oh oh oh *gets off topic* instead of hive...or maybe in addition to doing hive we should get a team for Barton Coliseum coming out tomorrow ..or today i think or or yeah yeah that now go gogogogo
so anyone from THE OLD DAYS wanna team up for that? ...i refuse to do it with the new noobs that play this game

Bobannan's Wife

Desirable Sex Symbol

12,750 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
ccatman
oh ohoh oh oh oh oh *gets off topic* instead of hive...or maybe in addition to doing hive we should get a team for Barton Coliseum coming out tomorrow ..or today i think or or yeah yeah that now go gogogogo
so anyone from THE OLD DAYS wanna team up for that? ...i refuse to do it with the new noobs that play this game

I am in fact looking around to see anyone I can join in Colliseum :3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces