Welcome to Gaia! ::

Zero the hunter
Alus
Zero the hunter
Alus
Whats the point in creating the weapons if we can't use them? I could imagine someone with the pitchfork screaming, "Poke of death! Die monster!"
You can use the weapons to look good. Look at me! I have all slashing weapons of Gaia on me and I ain't complaining I can't use them in Battle. Items in Gaia are made for looks.
I'm not saying that they don't look good. . . .well, not on me anyway, but, if the battle system were to be up and running, I agree that we should be able to use the weapons we have.
What about those that don't have weapons? Give them a cheap wooden sword or a plastic staff? If they would take out a katana that looks like the MC, the price would drop like a lot. The Rich users will still have an upper hand don't ya think? How much gold do you have?
I have 2k, but I spend alot. like i said in the other post, yea give them a starter weapon. Not a kitana or anything like that, but like a broad sword or something.
The_Fooler
Alus
Zero the hunter
Alus
Whats the point in creating the weapons if we can't use them? I could imagine someone with the pitchfork screaming, "Poke of death! Die monster!"
You can use the weapons to look good. Look at me! I have all slashing weapons of Gaia on me and I ain't complaining I can't use them in Battle. Items in Gaia are made for looks.
I'm not saying that they don't look good. . . .well, not on me anyway, but, if the battle system were to be up and running, I agree that we should be able to use the weapons we have.
[You want that, but sadly, it's not up to you, and the Devs/Admins are picking the fairest choice to all the Gaians. If they made one unfair decision, many would stop coming to Gaia. And the Devs are working with a Flash program, which restricts their ability towards the actual MMO itself. And Gaia doesn't have enough money to make a game look extremely good.]
Who ever said it was up to me? I was just throwing the idea out there. Plus I had no idea that they were using flash. I'm not in the animation major dept. My study is law. And hey can't blame someone for puting out their opinion. I agree with you that they should do something that is fair for us all. But I'm saying that it would be cool if we can incorperate our weapons in the battle system.

Ghostly Warrior

35,565 Points
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
Alus
Zero the hunter
Alus
Zero the hunter
Alus
What about those that don't have weapons? Give them a cheap wooden sword or a plastic staff? If they would take out a katana that looks like the MC, the price would drop like a lot. The Rich users will still have an upper hand don't ya think? How much gold do you have?
I have 2k, but I spend alot. like i said in the other post, yea give them a starter weapon. Not a kitana or anything like that, but like a broad sword or something.
I have around 50k plus some items that I am planning to sell that should make in total around 120k. Now if I sold that, I could get me the best armor and weapons possible right? I could easily be considered Lv70 without even breaking a sweat. How fun is that? Not to mention that all other players that would do the same would look a like. Wanna play a game where you seem to be in the movie of Star Wars Episode 2? That's no fun. The ring system makes you create your own class and stats and equipment without having to change your look. It's a smart way to solve the clone-fighters in many MMOs.
Alus
The_Fooler
Alus
Zero the hunter
Alus
[You want that, but sadly, it's not up to you, and the Devs/Admins are picking the fairest choice to all the Gaians. If they made one unfair decision, many would stop coming to Gaia. And the Devs are working with a Flash program, which restricts their ability towards the actual MMO itself. And Gaia doesn't have enough money to make a game look extremely good.]
Who ever said it was up to me? I was just throwing the idea out there. Plus I had no idea that they were using flash. I'm not in the animation major dept. My study is law. And hey can't blame someone for puting out their opinion. I agree with you that they should do something that is fair for us all. But I'm saying that it would be cool if we can incorperate our weapons in the battle system.
[I'm not saying it wouldn't be cool. But I mean, I've disliked the weapons of Gaia from the very second I became a member of the site. I don't have a lot of Gold on me ever, the most I've held would be around 14k. So I know it would be pretty cool, but Gaia wants to give off a twist to all the MMO's out there. Although it would be pretty sweet to see someone slash thru a monster or anything, I'm happy with the decision of the ring system the Devs/Admins created. (Sorry if I sound like I'm being harsh, not trying to).]
Alus, I'm not sure if you see it or not yet, but a large reason for Gaia utilizing a ring-based combat system is to greatly decrease the workload on the already small development team (come on, it's run by donations so you can't expect a team the size of what Blizzard or EA could produce... it is, more than likely, only a handful of people working all day on this) You have to take into account that for there to be weapons, they must draw the animation for swinging the weapon first on a blank avatar(read, nude) Then they must modify every single existing piece of clothing for each of those frames so it 'flows' right. They then have to check for layering problems, fix those problems, then go back and double check the images to make sure something didn't slip through the cracks... with the number of items gaia has (and with almost every monthly collectible item having atleast 5 different forms) this could easily account for months, if not a full-on year of extra work. And lets not forget that they'd have to scrap the ring system to incorporate the weapon system, otherwise they'd have a nightmare on their hands for balancing...
--Syaoran
Zero the hunter
Alus
Zero the hunter
Alus
Zero the hunter
Alus
I have around 50k plus some items that I am planning to sell that should make in total around 120k. Now if I sold that, I could get me the best armor and weapons possible right? I could easily be considered Lv70 without even breaking a sweat. How fun is that? Not to mention that all other players that would do the same would look a like. Wanna play a game where you seem to be in the movie of Star Wars Episode 2? That's no fun. The ring system makes you create your own class and stats and equipment without having to change your look. It's a smart way to solve the clone-fighters in many MMOs.

What do you mean eveyone would look alike? . . . Sorry, I forgot that they are using flash. I can see your point. But doesn't give every one that sense of reality ? I mean look at what you just did. You pretty much rub the fact that you are more wealthyer than me. Don't you think that was a bit uncalled for?
The_Fooler
Alus
The_Fooler
Alus
Zero the hunter
Alus
[I'm not saying it wouldn't be cool. But I mean, I've disliked the weapons of Gaia from the very second I became a member of the site. I don't have a lot of Gold on me ever, the most I've held would be around 14k. So I know it would be pretty cool, but Gaia wants to give off a twist to all the MMO's out there. Although it would be pretty sweet to see someone slash thru a monster or anything, I'm happy with the decision of the ring system the Devs/Admins created. (Sorry if I sound like I'm being harsh, not trying to).]
Oh no, your not being harsh. Your simply defending your point. I admire that. I'm sure I'm at the point where I'm losing. So, I'll admit defeat. I feel That I don't know what the heck I'm taking about anymore. sweatdrop

Ghostly Warrior

35,565 Points
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
Alus
What do you mean eveyone would look alike? . . . Sorry, I forgot that they are using flash. I can see your point. But doesn't give every one that sense of reality ? I mean look at what you just did. You pretty much rub the fact that you are more wealthyer than me. Don't you think that was a bit uncalled for?
Yes it was certainly not needed to rub in your face that I have more gold than you and for that I ask for forgiveness. But it was to state my point that the ring system is to keep a certain equality between rich and poor. Besides, I am really senseless with people's wealth. For me all Gaians are the same no matter their gold or join date. Except n00bs, those bastards must burn.
Alus
The_Fooler
Alus
The_Fooler
Alus
Oh no, your not being harsh. Your simply defending your point. I admire that. I'm sure I'm at the point where I'm losing. So, I'll admit defeat. I feel That I don't know what the heck I'm taking about anymore. sweatdrop
[Heheh, oh I think we're more on the middle terms, being at a tie that is. Iv'e been arguing practicly all morning, so I've gotten some practice on this. Plus, over the announcement of these clues, I've learned quite a lot about how games are made. (I'm going into the animation wing of game design most likely in my future). And to be honest, I think you've won. xD]
Syaoran Moeroo
Alus, I'm not sure if you see it or not yet, but a large reason for Gaia utilizing a ring-based combat system is to greatly decrease the workload on the already small development team (come on, it's run by donations so you can't expect a team the size of what Blizzard or EA could produce... it is, more than likely, only a handful of people working all day on this) You have to take into account that for there to be weapons, they must draw the animation for swinging the weapon first on a blank avatar(read, nude) Then they must modify every single existing piece of clothing for each of those frames so it 'flows' right. They then have to check for layering problems, fix those problems, then go back and double check the images to make sure something didn't slip through the cracks... with the number of items gaia has (and with almost every monthly collectible item having atleast 5 different forms) this could easily account for months, if not a full-on year of extra work. And lets not forget that they'd have to scrap the ring system to incorporate the weapon system, otherwise they'd have a nightmare on their hands for balancing...
--Syaoran
Thank you for pointing that out to me. Like I said, I'm not an animation major. I'm a Cj major, so I had no idea what it takes to animate a flash game.
Zero the hunter
Alus
Yes it was certainly not needed to rub in your face that I have more gold than you and for that I ask for forgiveness. But it was to state my point that the ring system is to keep a certain equality between rich and poor. Besides, I am really senseless with people's wealth. For me all Gaians are the same no matter their gold or join date. Except n00bs, those bastards must burn.
I do forgive you. I admire that you didn't just go off on me. I glad to find people here that I can argue with w/o having to result to insults like noobs do. In a way, I think the noobs will cause an annoyance for the game, like they do in towns. Am I getting out of line? sweatdrop
The_Fooler
Alus
The_Fooler
Alus
The_Fooler
Alus
[Heheh, oh I think we're more on the middle terms, being at a tie that is. Iv'e been arguing practicly all morning, so I've gotten some practice on this. Plus, over the announcement of these clues, I've learned quite a lot about how games are made. (I'm going into the animation wing of game design most likely in my future). And to be honest, I think you've won. xD]
I'm going to settle on the line of the tie. As far as your future in animation, good luck. I wouldn't recommend Art institute, because of the money you must spend out of pocket. My brother owes a hell of a lot of money for the programs he buys out of his credit.
buci
MAR RIP OFF
if you recall Marchen Awakens Romance uses a bigger variety of items using other items such as weapons, necklaces, etc. We use rings because, well, you can't really see them on your hand.
OMG! I've seen that cartoon with the guy and the boy and that girl! Its sooo funny! I think its called Seto no Hanayome.
My take:
I think they should make actual weapons that we can use to slash at enemies but they wouldn't be your avi items like demonic pitchfork.
But they would have to make the rings equally powerful, otherwise eveyone would use the weapons and not the rings/magic.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff