Welcome to Gaia! ::

3,200 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
I was just thinking: Couldn't Gaia just make ring versions of the existing weapons.

Example:

Ancient Katana -> Slash Ring: Basic Slash attack with summoned Katana

Lunar Scythe -> Reap Ring: Skill ring Using Lunar Scythe to inflict doom status

Ice Gauntlet -> Shiver-Ring: (pun!) Summons an icy fist to strike straight ahead

Flame Sword -> Fire-Ring: (Another Pun) Removes weakened monster from feild with a flashy "You're Fired!" Text box instead of a damage box.

Demonic Pitchfork -> Skewer-ring: (this is the last one, I swear) Rains a storm or pitchforks on target.

Ghostly Warrior

35,565 Points
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
That's a perfect idea! I am sure the devs will make that. Although what I think is that people actually want to have weapons and see their avatars swinging a pixel image of a sword to kill non-real computer made beings. Most people want swords or have advantage over non-MC users/wielders.
I made a thread like this before, but instead it was items in general. I thought the certain items you wore, the certain attributes you'd gain.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
[I actually think that that will be the case on how some rings are.]
MAR RIP OFF
buci
MAR RIP OFF
[No, MAR doesn't just summon weapons from rings, it also summons "guardiens", and other creatures. But it's like MAR, to some point that is. But Gaia's MMO won't have classes, such as worriors or witches.]
Whats the point in creating the weapons if we can't use them? I could imagine someone with the pitchfork screaming, "Poke of death! Die monster!"

Ghostly Warrior

35,565 Points
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
Alus
Whats the point in creating the weapons if we can't use them? I could imagine someone with the pitchfork screaming, "Poke of death! Die monster!"
You can use the weapons to look good. Look at me! I have all slashing weapons of Gaia on me and I ain't complaining I can't use them in Battle. Items in Gaia are made for looks.
Alus
[Because they would have a jumpstart at the game while the new comers wouldn't have a weapon. It would be unfair. Although you may suggest that they use their "fists"; it would really be dumb for that idea. Could someone really kill a monster with their fists? Unlikely. And you may also suggest something such as "it would give those newbies some inspiration to get weapons!"; no it wouldn't. It would make them care less about the MMO.]
Zero the hunter
Alus
You can use the weapons to look good. Look at me! I have all slashing weapons of Gaia on me and I ain't complaining I can't use them in Battle. Items in Gaia are made for looks.
I'm not saying that they don't look good. . . .well, not on me anyway, but, if the battle system were to be up and running, I agree that we should be able to use the weapons we have.

Ghostly Warrior

35,565 Points
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
Alus
Zero the hunter
Alus
I'm not saying that they don't look good. . . .well, not on me anyway, but, if the battle system were to be up and running, I agree that we should be able to use the weapons we have.
What about those that don't have weapons? Give them a cheap wooden sword or a plastic staff? If they would take out a katana that looks like the MC, the price would drop like a lot. The Rich users will still have an upper hand don't ya think? How much gold do you have?
This is the best "trying to sort out the whole no weapons issue" idea that I have seen so far.
mrgreen
-Agrees-
The_Fooler
Alus
[Because they would have a jumpstart at the game while the new comers wouldn't have a weapon. It would be unfair. Although you may suggest that they use their "fists"; it would really be dumb for that idea. Could someone really kill a monster with their fists? Unlikely. And you may also suggest something such as "it would give those newbies some inspiration to get weapons!"; no it wouldn't. It would make them care less about the MMO.]
I kind of figured that it would start off like resident evil, or those other games that give you a stick. You can beat a monster with a stick. or the canes they sell in the store. But i can see how the newbies would have a problem if we, the older gaians, already have weapons. We would have the bigger advantage.
Alus
Zero the hunter
Alus
[You want that, but sadly, it's not up to you, and the Devs/Admins are picking the fairest choice to all the Gaians. If they made one unfair decision, many would stop coming to Gaia. And the Devs are working with a Flash program, which restricts their ability towards the actual MMO itself. And Gaia doesn't have enough money to make a game look extremely good.]
it will b difficult

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces