Welcome to Gaia! ::

Loving Ram

76,550 Points
  • Wandering Ram 500
  • Champion 300
  • Wing Mastery 100
Barasch Deluxe
o:! Well that makes me feel special. I'm slightly more thoughtful than many z!F regs. > 3<

I'm not entirely sure how to take that, but I do hope I haven't bothered you by quoting. I'm also not entirely sure that was a nice thing to say on your part...

Loving Ram

76,550 Points
  • Wandering Ram 500
  • Champion 300
  • Wing Mastery 100
Barasch Deluxe
I just had a random idea. I have decided to give out 10 Blood Amulets but I don't want to just give them out, y'know? So I thought a race might be fun! People would sign up in pairs. The cost would be just to have one of ya tip my post. I'd then do a raffle for who gets to compete(unless not many people are interested-then it'd just be the first 15). There'd be 10 pairs final. The first 4 pairs to finish win the amulets. You'd have to start/end in Barton Town and run through all the areas by their cap. There'd be a check-in point in each area so I know y'all didn't cheat. Afterward, we shall party in Barton and I'll raffle off the last 2 amulets to whoever chills with us. P:
Oh, and pairs must dress as twins. ;D No repeat themes, though.

WHAT DO Y'ALL THINK?

That would be pretty darn cool. The person who ran the zOMG Awareness week contest thread last year did a race, which was awesome. It's neat to get judges that can wait at points, and 'leap-frog' to be ahead of the teams, and then usually a judge runs with the teams too...
Ah, you would run it whatever way you like, but I think people would jump at the chance to get the amulets, and a race is just a fun way to do it. I like the idea of the pairs of twins too, as it just adds to the fun.
I say go for it.
DarkRybrin
Barasch Deluxe
o:! Well that makes me feel special. I'm slightly more thoughtful than many z!F regs. > 3<

I'm not entirely sure how to take that, but I do hope I haven't bothered you by quoting. I'm also not entirely sure that was a nice thing to say on your part...
I meant it as, you make it seem like I'm more thoughtful. OTL I'm s**t at wording how I feel.
&&I don't mind being quoted. I just wasn't expecting that sort of response to anything I've said.
π•Ύπ–•π–Šπ–†k π–‘π–Žkπ–Š 𝖆 π–˜π–ˆπ–šπ–—π–›π– π–•π–Žπ–—π–†π–™π–Š βœ₯ ☠ βœ₯ User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
DarkRybrin
That would be pretty darn cool. The person who ran the zOMG Awareness week contest thread last year did a race, which was awesome. It's neat to get judges that can wait at points, and 'leap-frog' to be ahead of the teams, and then usually a judge runs with the teams too...
Ah, you would run it whatever way you like, but I think people would jump at the chance to get the amulets, and a race is just a fun way to do it. I like the idea of the pairs of twins too, as it just adds to the fun.
I say go for it.
o:! zOMG Awareness week? I don't seem to recall what that is. OTL I've barely been playing this game for a year.
And what do you mean by leap-frog? o: &&I think having a judge run with each pair would probably smart. ^^;;
That's what I was thinking. c: I felt like doing something nice and thought why not have fun in the process?
π•Ύπ–•π–Šπ–†k π–‘π–Žkπ–Š 𝖆 π–˜π–ˆπ–šπ–—π–›π– π–•π–Žπ–—π–†π–™π–Š βœ₯ ☠ βœ₯ User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Deathly Protagonist

50,415 Points
  • Charging Power 75
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • ReAnimated 50

Dangerous Sex Symbol

emotion_bigheart

Dedicated Dabbler

Loving Ram

76,550 Points
  • Wandering Ram 500
  • Champion 300
  • Wing Mastery 100
Barasch Deluxe
I meant it as, you make it seem like I'm more thoughtful. OTL I'm s**t at wording how I feel.
&&I don't mind being quoted. I just wasn't expecting that sort of response to anything I've said.

I think you're doing alright. And...with the burst of traffic to the zOMG forum, there have come many trolls and many unpleasant folk. You are not among them. It was refreshing to read, after wading through some rather uncomfortable conversations.

Barasch Deluxe
o:! zOMG Awareness week? I don't seem to recall what that is. OTL I've barely been playing this game for a year.
And what do you mean by leap-frog? o: &&I think having a judge run with each pair would probably smart. ^^;;
That's what I was thinking. c: I felt like doing something nice and thought why not have fun in the process?

Different...Very. ; Meromictic ; Hateful Loathing
All three have done race events before, usually collaborating with each other. They also helped head one of the more popular zOMG Awareness week's events to my memory (Red Kutai helped judge a lot too, I believe, and another girl...*blank*). I heard the more recent one didn't go as well, which disappointed me greatly. And, that's alright. Already you're probably farther ahead then I am, and I remember randomly running into Kat in Zen back in zETA. Long hiatus' are bad for gaming. *sighed faintly*

'Leap-frog' To use the least amount of judges possible (I contribute this to Hateful Loathing and Different... Very. right now), essentially you have two judges/runners with speed buffs. To most fairly judge contestants, you run with them (especially for the races where everyone -must- be cL 1.0.) with heals and speed buffs. JudgeA will run with them all through VG (starting point), JudgeB will go to the Null chamber, and get to the front of BR. JudgeB will then be running with the racers. JudgeA will go to the closest Null, and get to Zen's entry point, and then they keep leap-frogging over all the areas, so contestants constantly have a judge and someone is always on the next screen to receive them.
It's also to accommodate the fact that everyone must be in the same crew for this to work, as otherwise people are split among layers and it's much harder to judge who wins each round.

At least, this was how it's been done in the past. You might come up with a better way to do it, but the advantages of keeping contestants alive, keeping an eye on them at all times, and not getting split up when jumping layers and areas, made the strategy viable.
You certainly have good ideas. So many people would be very enthusiastic!

Loving Ram

76,550 Points
  • Wandering Ram 500
  • Champion 300
  • Wing Mastery 100
Winter Belle
heart

And yes, I agree with your signature. It's just awe-striking, really.
DarkRybrin
Barasch Deluxe

I think you're doing alright. And...with the burst of traffic to the zOMG forum, there have come many trolls and many unpleasant folk. You are not among them. It was refreshing to read, after wading through some rather uncomfortable conversations.

Barasch Deluxe

Different...Very. ; Meromictic ; Hateful Loathing
All three have done race events before, usually collaborating with each other. They also helped head one of the more popular zOMG Awareness week's events to my memory (Red Kutai helped judge a lot too, I believe, and another girl...*blank*). I heard the more recent one didn't go as well, which disappointed me greatly. And, that's alright. Already you're probably farther ahead then I am, and I remember randomly running into Kat in Zen back in zETA. Long hiatus' are bad for gaming. *sighed faintly*

'Leap-frog' To use the least amount of judges possible (I contribute this to Hateful Loathing and Different... Very. right now), essentially you have two judges/runners with speed buffs. To most fairly judge contestants, you run with them (especially for the races where everyone -must- be cL 1.0.) with heals and speed buffs. JudgeA will run with them all through VG (starting point), JudgeB will go to the Null chamber, and get to the front of BR. JudgeB will then be running with the racers. JudgeA will go to the closest Null, and get to Zen's entry point, and then they keep leap-frogging over all the areas, so contestants constantly have a judge and someone is always on the next screen to receive them.
It's also to accommodate the fact that everyone must be in the same crew for this to work, as otherwise people are split among layers and it's much harder to judge who wins each round.

At least, this was how it's been done in the past. You might come up with a better way to do it, but the advantages of keeping contestants alive, keeping an eye on them at all times, and not getting split up when jumping layers and areas, made the strategy viable.
You certainly have good ideas. So many people would be very enthusiastic!
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.βοΌ΄ο½ˆο½… ο½‡ο½ο½ο½Œ of all ο½‰ο½Žο½ο½Žο½‰ο½ο½ο½”ο½… ο½ο½‚ο½Šο½…ο½ƒο½”ο½“ is to resist man && ο½•ο½Œο½”ο½‰ο½ο½ο½”ο½…ο½Œο½™ defeat ο½ˆο½‰ο½.❞

Okay. o:

@race: Well, being the impulsive git I am, already started the Race stuff. xD
I don't really understand the leapfrogging stuff you just said. D: So confusing. &&Someone brought something up that I hadn't considered: a slow judge. If he can't keep up with the pair, the purpose of having him run with the pair is useless. So I decided to just hire some people to sit outside each null chamber. Haven't gotten any takers yet, though. I'll probably just head to the services forum and have some random people do it. OTL As long as they're online enough to get back to me on all my instructions and whatnot, what I have planned for that should work out just fine.
&&I'm gonna have the contestants friend the judges n' whatnot. This way people don't miss check points and cannot cheat. ^^;;
Clicky

8,500 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
AWESOME!!!! I'd love to help :3

8,500 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
New siggy ;o

Questionable Genius

Speaking of zomg popularity, the zomg proposal in the spring cleaning forum has the highest number of cookies so far! biggrin

AWWWWWW YEAAAHHHHHHH!

Loving Ram

76,550 Points
  • Wandering Ram 500
  • Champion 300
  • Wing Mastery 100
Barasch Deluxe

Okay. o:

@race: Well, being the impulsive git I am, already started the Race stuff. xD
I don't really understand the leapfrogging stuff you just said. D: So confusing. &&Someone brought something up that I hadn't considered: a slow judge. If he can't keep up with the pair, the purpose of having him run with the pair is useless. So I decided to just hire some people to sit outside each null chamber. Haven't gotten any takers yet, though. I'll probably just head to the services forum and have some random people do it. OTL As long as they're online enough to get back to me on all my instructions and whatnot, what I have planned for that should work out just fine.
&&I'm gonna have the contestants friend the judges n' whatnot. This way people don't miss check points and cannot cheat. ^^;;
Clicky

*sighed sadly* I'm sorry I didn't make myself clear or quick enough.
Still, fantastic start! Seems like it would work. I've never seen slow judges before, mostly because of speed buffs (medic set, fleetfoot, and coyote naturally), but it's good that you took countermeasures. Would there be a way to apply for being a back-up judge, in case someone can't get on? I don't want to take up a slot someone else probably needs more, but I would like to help. I would like to race moreso, but I don't have a partner for that.
After reading your thread, so far I agree that your plans should work out just fine. Very good of you to do, indeed. I shall head over and pester that thread, as well.

Mademoiselle Kit
Speaking of zomg popularity, the zomg proposal in the spring cleaning forum has the highest number of cookies so far! biggrin

AWWWWWW YEAAAHHHHHHH!

I know!!!! It's already a fifth of the way there!!! *spazzgleeflail*
DarkRybrin
*sighed sadly* I'm sorry I didn't make myself clear or quick enough.
Still, fantastic start! Seems like it would work. I've never seen slow judges before, mostly because of speed buffs (medic set, fleetfoot, and coyote naturally), but it's good that you took countermeasures. Would there be a way to apply for being a back-up judge, in case someone can't get on? I don't want to take up a slot someone else probably needs more, but I would like to help. I would like to race moreso, but I don't have a partner for that.
After reading your thread, so far I agree that your plans should work out just fine. Very good of you to do, indeed. I shall head over and pester that thread, as well.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.βοΌ΄ο½ˆο½… ο½‡ο½ο½ο½Œ of all ο½‰ο½Žο½ο½Žο½‰ο½ο½ο½”ο½… ο½ο½‚ο½Šο½…ο½ƒο½”ο½“ is to resist man && ο½•ο½Œο½”ο½‰ο½ο½ο½”ο½…ο½Œο½™ defeat ο½ˆο½‰ο½.❞

Sorry 'bout that. ^^;; I'm pretty slow when it comes to technical s**t like that.

Pff. Only one person has jumped in to help. xD My plan requires like 15 people. OTL
Oh thank you. o:!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff