Welcome to Gaia! ::

cave_dweller_candy
There are, like, 4 threads for this.
cave_dweller_candy
CAMSTUDIO! CAMSTUDIO! CAMSTUDIOOOOOO!!!

...Ahem.

Someone mentioned making videos that show what the game is like for the player. Camstudio is a really handy program that lets you record things on your screen,,,, like video screen shots. Except you can choose how much you want to film. I use it a lot.

So anyway, for the blog, we could use user-made vids that show people just how awesome zOMG really is!! Pair that with some cool in-game screen shots like the ones on the guild home page, and ta-da~~more content for the blog. EDIT: Or, Also, what if we made, like, zOMG! trailers and put them on youtube? We need to think of where most people are on the internet, eg. Facebook, YouTube, MySpace, etc. and cater to that. The user-run Facebook page is a good idea.

Also;; I was wondering if we wanted to make a user fan sitetype thing with Wix or Freewebs. It wouldn't be too hard. ^_^;

What?

We had these ideas first. x0

zOMG trailers sounds like a good idea. If someone made one really good one, and then a few thousand people liked it on youtube. . . it could spread.

Perhaps we should turn it into a contest?

As for making a website, I really think a blog would be enough. A blog can have multiple pages and stuff, and it automatically goes into google's search engine.

Otherworldly Plague

41,400 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
There's also Youtube, that's a good way to advertise zOMG. Have someone upload some great videos of zOMG gameplays that would attract people and the rest of us could bump them up the most viewed, most liked, most discussed lists.
edit: there are people on youtube that do reviews of mmo's, we could ask them to do positive reviews and recommend zomg to people.
yami_lith
There's also Youtube, that's a good way to advertise zOMG. Have someone upload some great videos of zOMG gameplays that would attract people and the rest of us could bump them up the most viewed, most liked, most discussed lists.
edit: there are people on youtube that do reviews of mmo's, we could ask them to do positive reviews and recommend zomg to people.

Yeah, I saw someone suggest that in the chat, but I don't know who it was. Was it you?

Do you know of anyone on youtube who does this kind of thing? Would you be up to searching for one or two names?

Fluff Powerhouse

16,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Jack-pot 100
I totally think we should all mail money to gaia headquarters with a note that says "SAVE ZOMG!" or something along that lines.

Otherworldly Plague

41,400 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
CleoSombra
yami_lith

Yeah, I saw someone suggest that in the chat, but I don't know who it was. Was it you?

Do you know of anyone on youtube who does this kind of thing? Would you be up to searching for one or two names?

MMOHut is the one I used to find games. I'll dig around for more if you want.

Romantic Werewolf

7,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
You can also advertise sig's info and stuff on sites like "kongregate" or Armored Games since they create alot of mini games and normally feature other games on their sites and being the fact that those are only browser based games we may be able to get more players through sites like those

Eloquent Fatcat

6,500 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Mark Twain 100
CleoSombra
cave_dweller_candy
There are, like, 4 threads for this.
cave_dweller_candy
CAMSTUDIO! CAMSTUDIO! CAMSTUDIOOOOOO!!!

...Ahem.

Someone mentioned making videos that show what the game is like for the player. Camstudio is a really handy program that lets you record things on your screen,,,, like video screen shots. Except you can choose how much you want to film. I use it a lot.

So anyway, for the blog, we could use user-made vids that show people just how awesome zOMG really is!! Pair that with some cool in-game screen shots like the ones on the guild home page, and ta-da~~more content for the blog. EDIT: Or, Also, what if we made, like, zOMG! trailers and put them on youtube? We need to think of where most people are on the internet, eg. Facebook, YouTube, MySpace, etc. and cater to that. The user-run Facebook page is a good idea.

Also;; I was wondering if we wanted to make a user fan sitetype thing with Wix or Freewebs. It wouldn't be too hard. ^_^;

What?

We had these ideas first. x0

zOMG trailers sounds like a good idea. If someone made one really good one, and then a few thousand people liked it on youtube. . . it could spread.

Perhaps we should turn it into a contest?

As for making a website, I really think a blog would be enough. A blog can have multiple pages and stuff, and it automatically goes into google's search engine.

Huh?
Yeah, I mean there are 4 seperate threads for the same thing XD

A contest sounds like a good idea ^.^

Salty Player

Paying for actual advertisements would be immensely helpful, albeit a tad expensive. I mentioned this at the meeting, but 1 in every 4 pages visited on the Internet is Facebook, so a lot of people are going to see the ads for zOMG in the ad row to the right.

Original Survivor

i'll do what i can...
yami_lith
CleoSombra
yami_lith

MMOHut
is the one I used to find games. I'll dig around for more if you want.

So I just did some poking around on that site and it turns out zOMG was given a review on that site. xD Found it!.

Youtube video. I gave it a thumbs up. :3nodL

6,500 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Mark Twain 100
CleoSombra
yami_lith

A friend of mine IRL does reviews and trailers, I could see if I can talk him into playing zOMG.
Note: The second. "box" doesn't work. This is in the conversations.

I didn't know that Gaia was doing that badly. D:
Especially in zOMG.
I mean the boosts have deflated so much, I'd think that people are buying them.

I actually think that Gaia should have more Cash Shop exclusive zOMG rings.
Sweatheart is the only one that I know of and that seemed like a great success.

I know some people avoid zOMG or are less willing to play because of the lag..
Maybe. Fix the lag if you can, then more people will be more willing to play and more likely to become addicted. And more apt to buying stuff from the cash shop.
Kain Ravenlock
You can also advertise sig's info and stuff on sites like "kongregate" or Armored Games since they create alot of mini games and normally feature other games on their sites and being the fact that those are only browser based games we may be able to get more players through sites like those

I wonder how we could go about getting the game featured on there, though. . . Have any ideas?

Romantic Werewolf

7,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
CleoSombra
Kain Ravenlock

I wonder how we could go about getting the game featured on there, though. . . Have any ideas?

Well i know i see ad's for mmo's all the time on kongregate.They feature on their site the sacred seasons games both browser mmo's so im sure its possible just gotta figure out exactly how it gets done on there

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff