Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Player

Basic DMS Tips before giving up on it

Yeah yeah, I've been there and seen it, u rlly wanna dms but peeps arent crewin u D: the main reason is that they wanna halp u get expirence BUT they dont wanna go through the trouble of explaining every little detail in chat for u, or u go make one urself and epiclly fail, and end up on CWF on tobuscus ;D

That was prob the reason y i decided to make this, i was prob tired of the dmp noobs and the lvl 10 dms noobs with firerain writen all over their face.

Idk everything so dont get mad if im wrong :l
Read it all first before you make a comment or tell me why the tips i wrote made other peeps get all mad so i can edit it out
I made it fairly short so dont give up >n<

But first...

U no those noobs that just crew u randomly and enter sumthing like shewolf den and ur like wtf? Andthey dont say anything?well guess wut?? Ur now one of dem! D:< Beating ss is in the old days now, so being 10.0 isnt so awsome anymore, yu guys are da noobs now, fayce it, dont get all mad if sumone tells u to do sumtin, u dunno anything about dms!

Dangerous Player

Now dat dats over, first off, here are sum gerneral rules and terms in dms for beginners:

Terms:

DMS: the expansion inside dmp where stoocie was, u will need a bloodstone or amulet to get in. For 10.0-12.0 perferably.

Aoe Attacks: Attack rings that attack more than one monster at a time.

Veggie:
When a person or crew goes into dms without meat, making another ring slot avalible for another attack, healing, or passive ring.

Self Rage:
Making rage by healing yourself to r4 your buffs in the begining.
You usually need a healing ring.

How to:
Bandage: Target yourself and switch your rings around(like rearrangeing) you should c that your health goes down and up when you do this, if not, UR DOING IT WRONG. Use bandage on urself while doing this to gain rage.
Diagnose: Make sure no one is in your "healing circle" and do the same as you would with bandage.
Wish: You'll have to ask sumone to switch their rings for you while you use wish on them, gaining rage.

YR/YM: This means Yellow rooms or Yellow Maze. These are the places where the rooms are lit by orage/yellow torches.( where you start in dms after going into the first room. The rooms have Vampires, Werewolves, Chests, Big Dogs, and NightFrights and are 11.0-11.5
Being Lvls 10.0-11.4 is best.

Suppressing to 11.4 in YRs: You might ask why, but the main reason is for drops. Being 11.4 in YRs helps you have the "best drops".

GR/GM:
This means Green rooms or the Green maze. These rooms are simmilar to YRs but are lit by green torches and contain bloodbats now. Monsters are 12.0-12.5 in these rooms, you need a kiter, and quicksand.
Being Lvls 11.4-12.0 is advised in these rooms

HPR: Hundred Percent Room, a place past GR where you ur avi is at 100% size, like in ss when you just passed the robo fish part. After 3 rooms, you meet kamillia(you dont fight her), and some counts.

Grue:
An invisible vamp who comes between 12:00 am and 2:00 am zomg time randomly, killing everyone in ur crew who doesnt have solarrays(i always bring solar just incase but hotfoot is stronger :7)

Healer/Aggro: The person who Stays off in a distance and monitors your crews buffs, health, and heals them and themselves continusly. They do this to make the monsters want to attack them, not you. And since every monster has "poor eyesight" the monsters may just stay still, waiting for the aggro to attack them or someone else steals aggro.( in order to do this, the person has to have a considerbly high attack rate or does more damage to the monster than anyone else)
A Healer is usually expirenced, 11.0+
Ring Set: Wish/Bandage/Daignose/Ring of their choice
Optional: Defib or Passion(Fitness, etc)
The healer should always have 1 buff and 1 debuff only

How to: You stay away from the crew, SELF RAGING yourself and healing the crew at the same time. When entering to a new room, always be the one to enter first, maintaining your aggro. Dont run to the middle or across the screen ( like sum idiots -.-) causing everything to attack you, instead, stay still and keep doing the same thing till you clear most of the monsters ( this is when you use diagnose the most)To lure monsters one at a time, use hunter's bow or another long ranged attack to pull the monster towards you, not having a whole army advance to you. When battleing NF, tell ppl to stop using debuffs for a moment and slow down their attacking rate. Tell the person with knife and adren to get ready and r4 him with it if he wakes. Start using bandage AND diagnose to aggro now and hope he doesnt wake up and kill everyone.

My personal Healer set: Defib/ Daignose/ Wish/ Bandage/ Debuff/ Meat/ Buff/ Hunters Bow

Kiter: a healer who runs around the room aggroing everything in GR and heals themselves. This causes the monsters to only focus on them while the crew attacks the monsters.

My personal kiter ring set: Wish/Bandage/Daignose/Turtle/Debuff/Meat/Buff/ SugarRush

Tanker: The person who does the most damage to monsters consistantly. Tankers have been known to steal aggro :L Tankers should have at least 3 attack rings.

How to:
Spam your attacks at the monsters, making sure you r4 hack inbetween there, not caring about your stamina. Using chargers and amps are optional but are recomended for best results ;D

Tuna/attuned: This means that they are able to go in that weird looking door in the begining of DMS where Deva is. ( that door takes you to GM or GR faster.)

There is a rumor that at 11.4 or 6, you are able to enter the door, this is untrue! You must meet alastor, pass YR, GR, HPR, meet Kamillia, talk to Alastor, and then Kill 100 monsters to become attuned, so you are able to acomplish this under 11.4 , i got it at 10.6 o 3o altogether, getting tuna from scratch can take up to 5+ hrs without ur crew members having to leave and such. If ur lucky, there should be ppl out there who cleared everything but the hpr room, helping u have a jump at tuna.

Dangerous Player

DMS general Rules and how to actually get a crew:

1. Make sure u have prefferably ALL rings and at 10.0 each. If not, I recommend PSin at Basken or Smobin at GB, they both get u rings, orbs, and gold fast.

2. Make sure u have a bloodstone or amulet, buy one at the cash shop for $7.50 or 600k on the mp. Its rlly embarrassin when ppl ask u and ur like, lolwut that. Or u finnaly get crewed and u cant get in -.- its annoying and time consumming for u and da crew OR play on a free dms day.

3. Have a dms compatible ring set on you. Before ppl crew u, they usually look at ur ring set, if they c any aoe attacks or any other non-dms compatible rings they usually say, Fck This Sht and crew sumone else. In dms you should have 2 attck rings, bandage, meat, 1 debuff, 2 buffs, and one ring of your choice, UNLESS you are healer, or going veggie.
The attacks should perferably be Hack, SolarRays, Mantis, Bump, Hotfoot, or Shurikun.
And the ring of your choice should perferably be: Defib, Turtle, another attack, Fitness, Integrity, Sugar Rush, or Fortunes Favor.

Make sure your CL is above or at 10.0. If you cap below 3.9, we might think you guys want dmP nor dmS. Even for u 12.0 pros out there, dont go buck 1.0 naked to show off that u dont need ur rings to be pro, we might think ur uber noobed who sumhow ran from barton to bills without dying. It is perferable to have your highest cl with you for the crew to move easier. For other peeps, having 3 ring slots empty is ok, we all kinda adapted seeing that.
WARNING: being 10.2 may throw us off because if you have 3 slots open haveing your other 5 rings all 12.0, you end up being 10.2 too.

5. While in dms, follow the crew's instructions.
Ur still new at dms, dont act like u kno everything. If they ask u to take off a ring or swap it with another ring, do it. Unless its sumtin stupid :p ( go mess with chuck norris!)

6. Fight one monster at a time.
Look at which monster you're crew is fighting and only attack that one, fighting other monsters will cause them to come towards you and your crew, endagering everyone and making the healer work harder. Thats why Aoe attacks wre no good here, so kiss FireRain goodbye ;(

While you fight, you may notice other monsters lured in too, this is where cat and tape come in. You cat the vampires and tape the wolves, its as simple as that. BUT please, dont cat the vamp your crew is fighting :c its rlly annoying, plus, the vamp heals inbetween too. You can tape the wolf for rage though. When fighting NF, dont use debuffs, attack slowly and carefully, and dont rage attack. Prepare to r4 knife and adren if he wakes up. In GR, you quicksand the bloodbats to stop the from chasing the kiter, making them sitting ducks. I dont have enough exp to explain after HPR or Bloodlust :c, all ik is that u have to kill the coffins that spawn vamps before you actually fight kam or u only do 5damage per attack and there are waves of Bloodbats. After that you goto a tower and fight her Bloodlust form :L

Usually, the order you should attack the monsters in YR are(unless your crew attacks otherwise) :
1. Male Vamps
2. Wolves
3. Female Vamps
4. Chests
5. NF or BD

In GR:
1. BloodBats
2. Refer back to YR order
LOL too lazy

When entering a room with NF or BD in front of the entrance door, always run across the room to a safe spot. You will only have a little time before the monsters notice you in the room. If done correctly as a crew, the NF or BD wont even notice the crew zoom by!

7. Always rebuff your buffs every room or every other room.

If you have to go, state your buff before you do, it makes things alot easier for ur capt. Example: rock/halo/tape, baii :0

Dangerous Player

If you're starting your own crew:

Buffs: Sphere, Keen, Dens, Ghost, Rock, Halo, Pot, Tef, Div, Iron, Coy,
Optional Buffs: Turtle(for healer), Sweetheart, Passive etc

Debuffs: Tape, Cat, Adren, Knife
Optional Debuffs: Quicksand(for GR, HPR)

Always assign the highest cl aggro or if someone else volunteers for it. Perferably have them assigned Halo/Div and Tape(Cat misses alot and that could waste stam for ur healer who is trying to heal u and aggro stuff.

Perferably have the 2 secondaryly highest cls have keen/sphere/CAT and ghost/iron/CAT They should kno whut they're doing and not troll cat like other ppl

Perferably have the 3rdly highest cl have rock/halo/tape they should know what to tape and if the mess up, nutin happens, but be warned, rock needs to be constantly rebuffed in every one room.

Perferably have the 2 noobs in the group have coy/dens/adren and pot/tef/knife (if added to 1 side of ur "hand" with hack, knife, meat, and pot, you get the chief bonus!! Perferably save this for u haha) these sets were made to have buffs that arent need as much and if they mess up, noting considerbly bad will happen to the group as a whole.(unless the upset NF :c)

Dangerous Player

Wut rings to upgrade first? I recomend that you,

First should start with your 5 "defualt" rings. These rings are the ones you adapted to and will always keep
them(unless you become healer). When they are all 12.0, you should be at 11.7( when you other 3 slots are occupied with lvl 10.0 rings)

Then you should start to upgrade your debuffs, so everytime you dms, you should be at 11.9 ( with 2 rings with lvl 10 rings)

After that should be your healer set, just incase you will need to aggro for the crew.

After that should be your buffs, and then anything else!

Comun errors:
If sumone gets to gr or goes through tuna door, dies and leaves, YR and GR resets and the only way out of dms is to die or to leave the crew.
Another is if the capt of the crew leaves dms for too long, then it resets too. This can be common if its an off day and few ppl are there, and when that happens, ppl usually dont have much time to get on.

My personal ring set: Hack/SolarRays/Mantis/Bandage/Debuff/Meat/ Buff/Buff

Remember IDK everything so if i'm wrong dont get all mad, this is wut i learned personally. I am CL 11.9-12.0. This isnt a guide, its just tips for u 10.0s or above to not make a fool out of urself. U hear me say "perferably" alot here, thats cuz im not forcing u to do it, u have ur own choice u no, just dont turn to me when u dont follow mai instructions and look like a total derp

If u want a total guide of DMS, i recomend:

Oh The Blood Bats

Well c ya around da gate ;j

Angelic Sex Symbol

30,200 Points
  • Married 100
  • Winged 100
  • Generous 100
B Furher
If you're starting your own crew:

Debuffs: Tape, Cat, Adren, Knife
Optional Debuffs: Quicksand(for GR, HPR)

Cat, Tape (Quick Sand for Greens) are not debuffs, they're Crowd Controls (CCs).

Totally different. wink

Angelic Sex Symbol

30,200 Points
  • Married 100
  • Winged 100
  • Generous 100
Also, I highly recommend MEAT being the first ring ANYONE upgrades.. Any boost in health a CL 10.0 can get will make it easier for them.

If they're CL 10, they should try and stay behind whatever they're attacking.. Not everyone will be paying attention to their health.. and a heal tank/Kiter doesn't always have the time (Or stamina) to be healing the crew constantly.

I notice (because I tend to crew CL 10s a lot) that they don't always get what AoE, is.. which is why they die so quickly because they just don't know where to stand.

It's always great when CL 10s LISTEN to what their crew is telling them. People don't like to crew CL 10s, because some (not all) think that they know everything.. which.. they don't, obviously.

Rings should be upgraded like so:

1st: Meat
2nd: Healing ring they use most (bandage, diag, wish, whatever)
3rd: At least two attack rings (Hack and Mantis are ideal, Shuriken, Guns, or Bump are okay too)
4th: Buffs like Rock, Iron, Ghost, Teflon, Keen, Halo.
5th: CC's and Debuffs (Cat, Tape / Knife, Adrenaline)
7th: NON-SCALING BUFFS: These are buffs that the CL doesnt mean s**t. A CL 1.0 or any of these rings, is just as good as a CL 12.0.. and they would be Pot, Sphere, Coyote, Div and Density.

After that.. really, you can upgrade anything else you use..

That would be my suggestions.

oOLeanOo's Husband

Playful Vampire

14,225 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Waffles! 25
Your guide is kinda hard to read if English isn't your native tongue... neutral

Champion

I found out that if you have a nice looking avi or expensive stuff on it, you have a higher chance of getting crewed even if you are 10.0 CL.

I'm not saying that a 10.0 CL will beat out a 12.0 CL for a DMS spot, but if there are 2 10.0 CL people waiting around looking for a crew, the one with the nicer avi generally gets it. 3nodding

Invisible Friend

Aldo Simoncini
Your guide is kinda hard to read if English isn't your native tongue... neutral

Actually, it's hard to read for native English speakers too. I'm not quite sure that was English.

Dangerous Humorist

8,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
B Furher

Healer/Aggro: The person who Stays off in a distance will sometimes stand to the side, but occasionally brings one attack and joins the crew in the attack, and monitors your crews buffs, health, and heals them and themselves continuously if they feel like aggroing that way. They do this to make the monsters want to attack them, not you, unless the NF has an allergic reaction and decides to sneeze on everyone, in which case the aggro runs around like a chicken with their head cut off until he stops, also known as "Kiting" in the GR :3. And since every monster has "poor eyesight" the monsters may just stay still, waiting for the aggro to attack them or someone else steals aggro, meaning the aggro isn't doing their job and is probably on Skype or in the forums when they should be paying attention.
A Healer is usually expirenced, 11.0+ either because they don't trust their crew to keep them alive, or the rest of the crew just doesn't want to take the blame for someone's death.
Ring Set: Wish/Bandage/Daignose/Ring of their choice Ranged attack, like solar rays for luring and occasional personal defense
vvvOptional: Defib or Passion(Fitness, etc)vvv
The healer should always have 1 buff and 1 debuff only with the choice of;
a) another buff
b) a passive
c) defib

That's just my take on it sweatdrop
I find the term "Aggro" is used in yellows only, so I'm just going by how I play in yellows. Here's my train of thought;
1. If you're a good aggro, you should be able to help kill while healing others. The only reason you have to not attack is if you're tanking, and in the YR that doesn't really make much sense. The only person I've seen successfully tanking in YR but actually making use of themselves is this guy, one of the only people I don't get nervous with when it comes to giving up my aggro;
DJ Arrow

If you stand off and "heal" the whole time, you'll likely notice that there isn't much to the job. In fact, if you stand far enough away you may not even need to heal your crew! That's not exactly a good thing. You'll lose aggro very easily, so I find luring a monster with solar rays and healing the group in a cluster is most effective. Not to mention the YR is easy stuff, especially if your aggro is 11+
2. Since I attack and heal at the same time, I don't often keep too close of an eye on my crew's buffs and meat. I prefer the self sufficient crew, but I don't mind reminding people occasionally. It just kinda sucks that a lot of people think it's the aggro's "job" to keep track of everyone sweatdrop
3. As for the buff/debuff/optional
i) Another buff is acceptable
ii) Defib is great, because honestly, yellows aren't worth wasting revives on. Save the crew 100k (20k each person excluding you) and just bring defib in your spare slot. It's not gonna kill you -.=
iii) I have a distaste for aggros who bring passives into the yellows XD It's not that difficult to heal, and if you use the "stand aside and heal occasionally" method, what's the passive for? It's for the luck boost. I'd sooner bring defib than a passive. Not to mention when I equipped Integ in the YR, I noticed I actually got LESS shorbs?! How the hell does that work?! emotion_eyebrow

Anyways, that's my piece 3nodding
I approve of this thread XD Though your grammar and spelling make me cringe, I think newcomers could use some of this information.

//TUMBS UP FOR ZOMGHITLER B Furher emotion_awesome //

Romantic Shapeshifter

Aside from the questionable grammar, I found your guide very noob-friendly and entertaining c:
Thanks for posting!

Dangerous Humorist

8,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
Crimson Velvet
Aside from the questionable grammar, I found your guide very noob-friendly and entertaining c:
Thanks for posting!

I THINK I FIGURED IT OUT! eek

He doesn't actually have bad grammar... he's just using the bad grammar TO APPEAL TO THE NUB POPULATION! *le gasp*

clever....

I would have never thought of that ninja

henlo's Significant Otter

Omnipresent Cleric

14,825 Points
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Ruike Raka

YAY I WAS QUOTED emotion_kirakira
I trust you too XD Alot

I would add to what you've already said about aggro but you covered it all 3nodding I agree 100%

Perfect Saint

Ruike Raka
Crimson Velvet
Thanks for posting!

I THINK I FIGURED IT OUT! eek

He doesn't actually have bad grammar... he's just using the bad grammar TO APPEAL TO THE NUB POPULATION! *le gasp*

clever....

I would have never thought of that ninja

That's a deep game he's playing.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out