Welcome to Gaia! ::

Enigmatic Duelist

Starshine
twister of shadows
Starshine
Even if it's no longer stickied, we can always bump it so that it's always on the first page of the forum.
Don't worry, Kutai's affair with David will last a looong time and will hopefully keep this thread afloat.

You jinxed it! xd
Oh yeah. wink

Shameless Noob

15,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
David2074
If a product costs more to continue than the revenue it returns then it is worse than worthless even if it seems like a good item when you don't consider money.

zOMG doesn't cost more to continue than it returns, based on what info I have read from the devs.

It has costed more than it returns (we spent 5m and got 1m back), but this is because of the massive development costs at the start, not the current maintenance costs..

As swarf pointed out, it now makes more money than we spend on it, it's just a problem that if we spend more money/resources on it, revenue likely won't increase enough to be worth it..

So zOMG isn't worthless, maybe worth less than the amount we have spent on it, but not worthless. xd

Destructive Bunny

Hashtable
David2074
If a product costs more to continue than the revenue it returns then it is worse than worthless even if it seems like a good item when you don't consider money.

zOMG doesn't cost more to continue than it returns, based on what info I have read from the devs.

It has costed more than it returns (we spent 5m and got 1m back), but this is because of the massive development costs at the start, not the current maintenance costs..

As swarf pointed out, it now makes more money than we spend on it, it's just a problem that if we spend more money/resources on it, revenue likely won't increase enough to be worth it..

So zOMG isn't worthless, maybe worth less than the amount we have spent on it, but not worthless. xd

That was awesomely worded emotion_kirakira

Shameless Noob

15,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Starshine
Hashtable
David2074

Lol ty. c:

Idk if red got that through or not... I got tired of reading after the first thousand words they exchanged. xD

Destructive Bunny

Hashtable
Starshine
Hashtable
David2074

Lol ty. c:

Idk if red got that through or not... I got tired of reading after the first thousand words they exchanged. xD

Haha, I try to pick out keywords xp

OG Gaian

12,275 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • There are two sides... 50
  • Expert Skill 150
II_Kisame_II
Will it be possible to promote zOMG through the new games you guys are releasing and publishing?
this

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Hashtable

Word it how you like but in the end the bottom line is Gaia said after much deliberation and attempts they could not figure out a way to make zomg worth enough to them to continue moving forward with it. That is unlikely to change any time soon if at all. Maybe not 'worthless' but certainly 'not worth enough' in the eyes of those who have the power to decide.

Invisible Friend

Well, if anyone has links for other free online games where the developers actually do work on them , let me know please.
Sorry if I seem a bit frustrated.....Where the hell are the updates we were supposed to get? <<

Or did you guys just unsticky and sweep this thread under the office carpet like normal?

Invisible Friend

Brinstar Angelus
Sorry if I seem a bit frustrated.....Where the hell are the updates we were supposed to get? <<

Or did you guys just unsticky and sweep this thread under the office carpet like normal?

Seems to be business as usual. sad
All Honey
Brinstar Angelus

Seems to be business as usual. sad

Of course, and I'll bet they will keep expecting us to give them money... even with the obviously apparent way they dont care whether we are happy or not... at least.. thats what it seems like.

"We'll s**t on you if you give us money, we'll s**t on you if you don't." Motto is fairly accurate.

Magnetic Genius

Lord Pett
Mademoiselle Kit
We were promised figures. Is there a chance these figures will come to light?

You did not address whether or not zomg was making profit or not, the big issue about this. If Zomg was failing, give us the numbers. Otherwise, we are going to look at anything posted by a staff member in a skeptical light.

Since this concerns the game WE LOVE and its future, I'm afraid we will need cold, hard facts before we are satisfied. Was it in the black? Was it in the red? These conflicting statements are making it hard to trust anyone right now. I hope you can see the dilemma we are in.

We are going to need facts before we back down. If it was in the red, then why hide it? Show us, and while we will be sad, we will back down. But all this secrecy about the numbers is making me suspect the latter, and the idea that Gaia might be hiding this fact makes me very upset and angry.

I never wanted to believe Gaia would lie to me, but after this...well, I hope you can understand my dilemma. Only will facts before my eyes convince me otherwise.

In conclusion: Your post did not give us the answers we were seeking. Please try again.

This

once again gaia has one hand reachin into our pockets for our money and the other is cleverly writing down lies to twll us and ways for them to get out of them.

Winged Phantom

18,725 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300
Why are there no advertisements to zOMG on gaia?

If what you're looking for is a giant userbase, why haven't you tapped into Gaians- the people who are interested in the story itself.

There have been 2 announcements about DMS. Why not have a site wide announcement every time DMS opens to the public for 3 days?

Why not have a few internal banner ads, like gold shops get?

It just seems strange.

Rainbow Hunter

11,950 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Olympian 200
  • Medalist 100
Just out of curiosity....has it EVER happened in the past that a game has been put out to pasture and later picked up again for development by gaia devs? Hope springs eternal, but I just find it really hard to believe that this isn't just the beginning of the end for my precious zOMG! crying scream
mystikaal
Just out of curiosity....has it EVER happened in the past that a game has been put out to pasture and later picked up again for development by gaia devs? Hope springs eternal, but I just find it really hard to believe that this isn't just the beginning of the end for my precious zOMG! crying scream

In my experince, no.. scream

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces