Welcome to Gaia! ::

Devoted Lovergirl

20,475 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
I remember seeing them before. I kept walking around and when I saw they were still there after half an hour, I thought "You all are still here?"

Bashful Friend

9,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Way to go!! congrats. Only good Bot is a DEAD bot smile
yurai
Kurochan1
Bot killing is fun =o

Teach me master whee

Uts quite dangerous and even could be deadly are you sure you are ready to learn how to kill a botter on zOMG?

Newbie Conversationalist

new form of pvp
Owlie
This crew of bots was standing in the exact same place, killing everything the millisecond it spawned onto their screen, not responding to any chatting going on around them.

I reported, PM'ed swarf, and then with the help of a few other loyal zOMGaians, lured enough garlic and air fluffs to daze the whole crew.

WE WILL NOT TOLERATE YOUR BOTTING. scream

User Image

emotion_awesome

User Image

I know they were probably bots but if they didn't chat with you so what and if they stood in the exact same spot they could be farming. I mean I do that too does that make me a bot?
Myrielle
Owlie
abonai
Myrielle
That's the problem with abandoned features: people will find the gaps and loopholes and it might take forever to close and the effect might extend to disrupt the economy again and then the regular players get punished some more with further nerfing.

Aside from the obvious lulz, this is my greatest concern. Even if zOMG is shelved because it didn't profit Gaia enough in their opinion, it still has the potential to disrupt their precious precious marketplace if left unattended. =/

I agree.

I propose dazing every bot that we see. If they get discouraged, maybe they'll stop.

Worth a try?
Maybe we need a bot tracking thread just like we did during the Events for Jack and the GE.
It will be vigilante-action, but at least the community is involved in preserving the game that they love from further abuse.

Isn't that name dropping? What if they aren't bots what is gonna happen then?

Comrade

Bot huntin'.....lets kill some bots. emotion_c8
I don't know much about this, as I wasn't there, but when I'm seriously into killing monsters, I will sometimes ignore random people who come up and start chatting to me. Not intentionally, I just don't notice them because I'm in the 'z-zone'. That being said, to call someone a bot just because they weren't responding to you is a little harsh. It sounds to me that you came to the decision of 'bot' without any real evidence. And really, that decision is left up to Gaia staff, not you. By making that screenshot, all you've done is started a witch hunt, with more people jumping on the bandwagon, and calling these people bots. If they are bots, I say burn them at the stake, and I will personally light the match. But until it's proven by Gaia staff, they should be considered innocent until proven guilty. And to potentially prove this to Gaia, those screenshots you took should have only have been given to Gaia, not the whole zOMG community.

Distinct Lunatic

7,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
momo the peachy
I don't know much about this, as I wasn't there, but when I'm seriously into killing monsters, I will sometimes ignore random people who come up and start chatting to me. Not intentionally, I just don't notice them because I'm in the 'z-zone'. That being said, to call someone a bot just because they weren't responding to you is a little harsh. It sounds to me that you came to the decision of 'bot' without any real evidence. And really, that decision is left up to Gaia staff, not you. By making that screenshot, all you've done is started a witch hunt, with more people jumping on the bandwagon, and calling these people bots. If they are bots, I say burn them at the stake, and I will personally light the match. But until it's proven by Gaia staff, they should be considered innocent until proven guilty. And to potentially prove this to Gaia, those screenshots you took should have only have been given to Gaia, not the whole zOMG community.

i agree with the above fully..... momo has really good points........ but the sceen shot if they are not bots is just evidence of u being a bully which is now a crime an u just incriminated yourself.......

Shy Werewolf

momo the peachy

Lord Loki420

Slurpiee

User Image The Way of the Sword User Image
~~~0==}|3ladeglory~~~

The ruling on "poaching" is that there is no such a thing. There's only harassment when somebody runs around repeatedly denying you kills.

In the same vein, luring a bunch of monsters onto somebody isn't against the rules either (though definitely rude if you do it on purpose); only if you do it repeatedly could it reportable as harassment. If these aren't bots in the screenshot, logically, they should have noticed/spoken up/moved on either before or after they became overwhelmed.

They're calling them bots for more than just not responding to text.

@Slurpiee: Yes, it's name-dropping and shouldn't be done, regardless of how chivalrous the intent is.
Bladeglory

My point is, they have no right whatsover to be calling them bots, because of these reasons:

1: They have not a shred of evidence.

2: What they have done is a form of namedropping. As a result, those people are being bullied by people who saw that screenshot.

3: It's not their call to make, as Gaia is the one making the decisions, not them.

They should have just given the screenshot to Gaia, and left it at that. What they did falls under the line of harassment. Now, Gaia will probably look into it, and if they are indeed bots, they will be dealt with. But what if Gaia finds that these people are doing absolutely nothing wrong at all? The person who made the screenshot and started this whole mess would have one hell of an explanation and apology to make, wouldn't they?

Ruthless Genius

10,300 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Invisibility 100
I want to start a crew to get animated to kill the people who are killing bots.

We shall be known as the Bot Protection Front ninja

Shy Werewolf

momo the peachy
Bladeglory

My point is, they have no right whatsover to be calling them bots, because of these reasons:

2: What they have done is a form of namedropping. As a result, those people are being bullied by people who saw that screenshot.

3: It's not their call to make, as Gaia is the one making the decisions, not them.

They should have just given the screenshot to Gaia, and left it at that. What they did falls under the line of harassment. Now, Gaia will probably look into it, and if they are indeed bots, they will be dealt with. But what if Gaia finds that these people are doing absolutely nothing wrong at all? The person who made the screenshot and started this whole mess would have one hell of an explanation and apology to make, wouldn't they?

~~~0==}|3ladeglory~~~

No names were given. >>; EDIT: found some in the middle. But they weren't by Owlie. razz

As I just said, it doesn't fall under harassment anyway; it's not breaking any rules. I'm sure they would stop if a mod told them to... but until then, luring a bunch of animated in a single instance to see if people are bots won't be more than a nasty surprise to anybody who's just zoning out.

By the time you get to 3 crew-wipes with the same people... Your evidence is nearing certitude.

Ever heard of a citizen's arrest?
Bladeglory
momo the peachy
Bladeglory

~~~0==}|3ladeglory~~~

No names were given. >>; EDIT: found some in the middle. But they weren't by Owlie. razz

As I just said, it doesn't fall under harassment anyway; it's not breaking any rules. I'm sure they would stop if a mod told them to... but until then, luring a bunch of animated in a single instance to see if people are bots won't be more than a nasty surprise to anybody who's just zoning out.

By the time you get to 3 crew-wipes with the same people... Your evidence is nearing certitude.

Names were given and that's name dropping, breaking the rules. Another thing is that your evidence is not nearing certitude because you still have no proof that's the point. Now I saw some newbies getting bothered in village greens because they're farming mushrooms for their quest.

Shy Werewolf

Slurpiee
Bladeglory
momo the peachy
Bladeglory

~~~0==}|3ladeglory~~~

Names were given and that's name dropping, breaking the rules. Another thing is that your evidence is not nearing certitude because you still have no proof that's the point. Now I saw some newbies getting bothered in village greens because they're farming mushrooms for their quest.

~~~0==}|3ladeglory~~~

Excuse me, are we talking about Owlie, or some goobers that are taking this too far? Cause blaming the entire movement for a few people who don't get it is like saying all gays are annoying cause some do a parade. whee

If absolute proof, hard evidence is required to end a bot, guess what? You're never gonna ban anybody for being a bot unless you appropriate their hard drive and find the program on it. Red and I were talking about it in another thread; even Gaia does not have the tools to simply "look" and determine if it's a bot. They have the rights to ban them, and we don't. We both identify bots solely by clues.

EDIT: I don't want to split this discussion off into two threads... So I'm gonna take this quote from there cause it's related: "Also you're reporting someone because you're suspicious and that's not right at all."
How does one determine with 100% certitude that somebody is botting? I ask because every online game would like to know. I have yet to find one that has a 100% fool-proof method for it. So then, when do we report?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff