Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Do you Agree?

Yes 0.82716049382716 82.7% [ 67 ]
No 0.17283950617284 17.3% [ 14 ]
Total Votes:[ 81 ]
1 2 3 4 >

Lonely Fatcat

You know what really pisses me off and makes me not want to play zOMG?

It's not the fact that zOMG doesn't cater to Solo'ers. It's not the fact of the game lag, because that's to be expected with any MMO.

What really pisses me off is the God damn dinging that occurs whenever you earn a Profile Badge. Ya know... for like killing 50 Garden Gnomes, or 200 OMG's.

Yeah. I was in the middle of the OMGWTF waves, on the last wave when OMGWTF was supposed to show up, when, what do you know, I completely lag out to the point that NOTHING is moving on my screen, because I earned the Badge for killing 50 OMG's. When everything starts moving again, everyone is Dazed, including myself, because the OMGWTF showed up, and killed our entire party of five. If I hadn't lagged out, I would have been able to Buff my Party, preventing all of us from dying, and thus actually defeating the OMGWTF.

I propose an immediate change to the Alert notifying you that you earned a new Profile Badge.

Lonely Fatcat

Legal Bump.
I thought I was the only one experiencing that problem. I'm always in the middle of something when I earn those darn badges.
Really? I haven't gotten alerts after earning badges yet. I've gotten all the badges for the Village Greens and not once did I get an alert for each badge. Although I find that after I started to get lags I just quit the game and came back after clearing my cache. From that point I was good for another half hour or more of gameplay before the lag came back. Must be that Flash 10 memory leak problem you experienced.

Lonely Fatcat

tkdauronXIII
Really? I haven't gotten alerts after earning badges yet. I've gotten all the badges for the Village Greens and not once did I get an alert for each badge. Although I find that after I started to get lags I just quit the game and came back after clearing my cache. From that point I was good for another half hour or more of gameplay before the lag came back. Must be that Flash 10 memory leak problem you experienced.

That's memory leak lag. That's not the same as the lag I'm experiencing.

The lag I am experiencing is referring to the 10,000 dinging bell sounds trying to be rendered through Flash, and making the Animation makes me lag out.
._. I am in complete hate with this issue too. It freezes everything up so bad, I usually have to close it and come back again.
when you get a badge it rings? What is the signal?

Also, on a side note, I still don't know how to display my badges. How exactly to you edit your profile for it? Sorry if this doesn't belong here.
Badgelag I THINK is the flash issue. Pretty sure it is. Let them fix it, see how it is. I remember at the VERY beginning it wasn't a problem. But then they went to Flash 10.

Raider

7,550 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Nerd 50
This drives me crazy. It happened the first time I fought the Gnome general and the whole crew ended up dazed because the 'quest complete' tune played and the screen froze so I couldn't heal >.<

Shameless Consumer

DopplerZero
Badgelag I THINK is the flash issue. Pretty sure it is. Let them fix it, see how it is. I remember at the VERY beginning it wasn't a problem. But then they went to Flash 10.

I don't think that's it. I don't know when they switched, but it's been a problem for a while.

Honestly, probably the most frustrating issue.
TSG Shay

The lag I am experiencing is referring to the 10,000 dinging bell sounds trying to be rendered through Flash, and making the Animation makes me lag out.

I get this too, it only happens to maybe half the badges I get, but when it does it freezes up for about 30+ seconds and I have to reload zOMG to get rid of the massive lag that suddenly appears after it happens.
Its a mixed emotion isn't it?

Pride in knowing you've beaten a significant enough number of enemies to merit recognition, but knowing you might not survive the award ceremony. heart

I don't find the dinging and freezing all that irritating. More amusing. Getting dazed is really a non issue when you solo.

Sometimes I'm tempted to die on purpose just so I can conveniently warp back to the null chamber and charge my rings.

but then I always have just a little HP and stamina left... Then my meat ring is ready for use again... or I have all my rage ranks full and a yellow just off screen...

I love this game. heart

but yeah it would be nice if this issue was fixed.
TSG Shay

Oh christ, is THAT what all that dinging meant?
It happened to me as well and I lagged badly and died.

How does one see which badges they've earned?

Merry Bunny

16,600 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Cheerbringer 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
TSG Shay

That's memory leak lag. That's not the same as the lag I'm experiencing.

OH GOD I HATE THAT GLITCH! gonk
I always get it at the worst times to, like when I'm trying to farm.>.>;
This glitch has gotten me killed by gnomes at 2.6CL it got so bad...

Raider

7,550 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Nerd 50
Scepter
TSG Shay

Oh christ, is THAT what all that dinging meant?
It happened to me as well and I lagged badly and died.

How does one see which badges they've earned?

My Gaia>Quests>Completed.
zOMG! quests and badges show up there xD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas