Hanging out with Friends 0.075471698113208 7.5% [ 4 ]
Other [explain] 0.11320754716981 11.3% [ 6 ]
More than one of the above [explain] 0.20754716981132 20.8% [ 11 ]
Total Votes:[ 53 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Bashful Bear

Saffrons_Curse
Lol yeah, I think that pressure is what does it. > u<;
I'm one of those ones who can spend hours on one drawing, but not always. I have to get hooked onto something, and then I just "oh add a little bit here oh, and then over there.. and just a smidge right here" and before I know it, 3-4+ hours are gone. |Da Other times I really have to force myself to work on it. I had this one that ended up pretty cool, but the whole time working on it, I was like LOLWTFAMIDOINGI'MCRAZYIDON'TEVENAFULLPAGEWITHNOTHINGBUTCOLOREDPENCILSSRSLY?! and it took me a long time to finish it because some days I was just like ... nope. X'D But yeah, for me what takes so long is coloring. :F I put about 4-5 or more layers on everything, for the different color values and whatnot. ;u; If I consistently drew, I could only imagine what kinda s**t I'd wind up doing xDa

Here are the links to them: [x] [x] She did seem quite happy to get them UuU! <3
LOL oh god, my step dad is a damn retard, he's like... If I'm streaming something [like youtube] he thinks that I downloaded it, or like using zOMG means I DL'd something ajdfakbgfakeuvk = u='' and then his computer is the one more often getting the "ding ding ding Threat has been detected!" thing from avast like.. = U= I may not be very technologically competent, but I'm a bit better than you, brah. X'D
EE!! fellow eye drawer!! <33 > u< I draw them on my hand sometimes. |Da

No one should be in that group! ; 3; You come with me~ -extends hand-
The only way to train is to just start doing it. I'm gonna start maybe after my birthday [which is on the 15th of Jan], to bug my mom to take me to learn how to drive so I can finally get a ******** license and work on getting a job and stuf. But yeah, I just need to not let myself get away with it, without making myself feel like s**t when I slip up. = u=

emotion_0A0 3-4 hours, to me that seems so long! but that means you're dedicated!
        ahh, i usually don't color and i just sketch things. coloring usually ruins my stuff for me. ; -;
        but that probably wouldn't happen if i branched out and tried to do more instead of just sketch the one thing i'm comfortable doing ( aka female headshots, that's it seriously ).
        I: < I NEED TO STOP BEING AFRAID OF FAILING AND BRANCH OUT OF MY COMFORT ZONE.
        ...easier said than done. > n<;;
        you know i can tell when i'm talking to a person who knows what they're doing because you're using terms like color values and i'm like hahahaa i have no idea what that is. xD

woaah, you did a really good job! emotion_kirakira
        uuuuugh wow, does he bug you about it sometimes?
        my dad has one of those things on his computer that thinks pretty much everything is a threat!
        it's so ridiculous. - A-

I want to join you, but I think I'll forever be a procrastinator. ; A;
        maaan, so many people i talk to are getting s**t done this new year! makes me kind of motivated to do the same!
        i still can't drive hahaa;; but it's not on the top of my list of things that need to get done. someday thouuugh.
        can you hear the procrastinator in me lol but it's honestly not top priority for me atm
        and happy early birthday! o vo

~Kiri~Kunoichi~'s Significant Otter

Charming Glutton

54,375 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
Daintet
        emotion_0A0 3-4 hours, to me that seems so long! but that means you're dedicated!
        ahh, i usually don't color and i just sketch things. coloring usually ruins my stuff for me. ; -;
        but that probably wouldn't happen if i branched out and tried to do more instead of just sketch the one thing i'm comfortable doing ( aka female headshots, that's it seriously ).
        I: < I NEED TO STOP BEING AFRAID OF FAILING AND BRANCH OUT OF MY COMFORT ZONE.
        ...easier said than done. > n<;;
        you know i can tell when i'm talking to a person who knows what they're doing because you're using terms like color values and i'm like hahahaa i have no idea what that is. xD

woaah, you did a really good job! emotion_kirakira
        uuuuugh wow, does he bug you about it sometimes?
        my dad has one of those things on his computer that thinks pretty much everything is a threat!
        it's so ridiculous. - A-

I want to join you, but I think I'll forever be a procrastinator. ; A;
        maaan, so many people i talk to are getting s**t done this new year! makes me kind of motivated to do the same!
        i still can't drive hahaa;; but it's not on the top of my list of things that need to get done. someday thouuugh.
        can you hear the procrastinator in me lol but it's honestly not top priority for me atm
        and happy early birthday! o vo

I don't think of it as dedicated, I just think of it as accidentally letting time get away from me while I go "tra la la" in some other dimension. It seriously doesn't feel like much time has passed when I'm in the zone. Time is just .. it stops existing, doesn't matter, all that matters is this doodly drawing thing and doing my best on it. @ v@ I guess it's closer to hypnotizing myself than feeling any level of stick-to-it-ness.

Ahh~~ I used to be like that. I remember specifically in 09 was when I would do doodles with the intent from the start being to ink and color them. I took pics before I did so, but the point is in my mind they were already reserved to be my practice crap, so I didn't care if they came out poorly because their job was to help me practice and improve on coloring. XD I need to branch out more too~ I'm bad with angles and poses and s**t. ;u; and that's just the drawing part, there's a whole mess of s**t I don't bother trying to do when I color XDa
You've basically just gotta make up your mind and do it. ;u ; You might suck at it at first, but remember that a) at one point EVERYONE IN THE WORLD sucked at drawing EVERYTHING and the only way they got better was practice and not giving up and b) if you haven't done it a lot, it'd be unreasonable for you to be amazing at it, which is why you're practicing it - to get better. Also~ references help. UuU I don't use them as much as I should, but when I do, my s**t is a lot better, so! remember references are your biffles.
XD Well, I just mean like... the shading like... If something is red I'll use a light red, darker red, little tiny bit of dark green, and then white over everything to smooth it all out... and maybe a few more layers of red to make the white less noticeable.

TYVM! emotion_kirakira heart Weeee and I've done two more doodly things tonight! ;u;!!
Not too often, but he's done it multiple times, and will probably do it again xDa
Lol wow, paranoia, much = u='''

It's all a mind thing. No one else can pull you out of the slush of procrastination but yourself. UuU When you're ready, I'm sure you'll snap out of there as fast as any of 'em~
Haha, well.. I say that's what I want to do, but will I actually get it done? = u= We'll see. This is a work in progress that started very nearly a year ago and shouldn't take more than a ******** month to complete. /le raeg
Well, I kinda need it in order to do anything like get a job or well just about anything. My mom is the only one who can legally drive and she hates doing it, so it's always a pain in the a** getting her to do anything = u= [she's a worse procrastinator than I am sweatdrop ] I graduated high school like 4 years ago and haven't been doing a goddamn thing since and it's really frustrating to me. = u= So, yeah, 2014, my one and only official goal is to finally get a license for myself.

And, thanks! :'] <3

Obsessive Defender

32,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Abomination 100

Bashful Bear

Saffrons_Curse
I don't think of it as dedicated, I just think of it as accidentally letting time get away from me while I go "tra la la" in some other dimension. It seriously doesn't feel like much time has passed when I'm in the zone. Time is just .. it stops existing, doesn't matter, all that matters is this doodly drawing thing and doing my best on it. @ v@ I guess it's closer to hypnotizing myself than feeling any level of stick-to-it-ness.

Ahh~~ I used to be like that. I remember specifically in 09 was when I would do doodles with the intent from the start being to ink and color them. I took pics before I did so, but the point is in my mind they were already reserved to be my practice crap, so I didn't care if they came out poorly because their job was to help me practice and improve on coloring. XD I need to branch out more too~ I'm bad with angles and poses and s**t. ;u; and that's just the drawing part, there's a whole mess of s**t I don't bother trying to do when I color XDa
You've basically just gotta make up your mind and do it. ;u ; You might suck at it at first, but remember that a) at one point EVERYONE IN THE WORLD sucked at drawing EVERYTHING and the only way they got better was practice and not giving up and b) if you haven't done it a lot, it'd be unreasonable for you to be amazing at it, which is why you're practicing it - to get better. Also~ references help. UuU I don't use them as much as I should, but when I do, my s**t is a lot better, so! remember references are your biffles.
XD Well, I just mean like... the shading like... If something is red I'll use a light red, darker red, little tiny bit of dark green, and then white over everything to smooth it all out... and maybe a few more layers of red to make the white less noticeable.

TYVM! emotion_kirakira heart Weeee and I've done two more doodly things tonight! ;u;!!
Not too often, but he's done it multiple times, and will probably do it again xDa
Lol wow, paranoia, much = u='''

It's all a mind thing. No one else can pull you out of the slush of procrastination but yourself. UuU When you're ready, I'm sure you'll snap out of there as fast as any of 'em~
Haha, well.. I say that's what I want to do, but will I actually get it done? = u= We'll see. This is a work in progress that started very nearly a year ago and shouldn't take more than a ******** month to complete. /le raeg
Well, I kinda need it in order to do anything like get a job or well just about anything. My mom is the only one who can legally drive and she hates doing it, so it's always a pain in the a** getting her to do anything = u= [she's a worse procrastinator than I am sweatdrop ] I graduated high school like 4 years ago and haven't been doing a goddamn thing since and it's really frustrating to me. = u= So, yeah, 2014, my one and only official goal is to finally get a license for myself.

And, thanks! :'] <3

happy new year!
        i hope this year is a good one for you! <3
        and we can both get s**t done this year emotion_brofist
        and sorry for the late reply! i've been so busy, and now today we're supposed to get 15" of snow. xD
        i don't usually help shovel but i might have to today ahhh;;

...that's exactly what i do.
        if i plan on inking + coloring on the rare occasion i would scan or take a picture of the sketch in case the end result was awful.
        man, you're such a good motivator! crying
        ahhh~ sounds like a lot of work, but i guess all that works shows in the end!

wow, you're on a roll!
        have you done even more since you posted? xD

i saw something yesterday saying procrastination can actually be good for you!
        ok it's probably not true, it's just me grasping at straws to pretend like it's not some awful habit lol.
        aw, well i'm sure you can do it! sometimes things take a long time to work out, little by little. u vu
        any step in the right direction, not matter how small it is, is good progress imo!
        ahhhh, i totally understand~
        i'm sort of in the same boat as you, except i just graduated last year.
        but i don't see my situation changing much until i get my health sorted out, which is what has kept me from moving forward. ^^;;
        BUT THAT SOUNDS SO PESSIMISTIC.
        I WILL BE OPTIMISTIC.
        THIS WILL BE A GOOD YEAR. emotion_dowant

oh! i also made those ginger molasses cookies i think i mentioned?
        omg they were so good. so worth the wait. emotion_drool

can i maybe send a friend request? u //u
        the events going to end sometime in the near future and i really like talking to you!

Girl-Crazy Spectator

Charming Glutton

54,375 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
Daintet
        happy new year!
        i hope this year is a good one for you! <3
        and we can both get s**t done this year emotion_brofist
        and sorry for the late reply! i've been so busy, and now today we're supposed to get 15" of snow. xD
        i don't usually help shovel but i might have to today ahhh;;

...that's exactly what i do.
        if i plan on inking + coloring on the rare occasion i would scan or take a picture of the sketch in case the end result was awful.
        man, you're such a good motivator! crying
        ahhh~ sounds like a lot of work, but i guess all that works shows in the end!

wow, you're on a roll!
        have you done even more since you posted? xD

i saw something yesterday saying procrastination can actually be good for you!
        ok it's probably not true, it's just me grasping at straws to pretend like it's not some awful habit lol.
        aw, well i'm sure you can do it! sometimes things take a long time to work out, little by little. u vu
        any step in the right direction, not matter how small it is, is good progress imo!
        ahhhh, i totally understand~
        i'm sort of in the same boat as you, except i just graduated last year.
        but i don't see my situation changing much until i get my health sorted out, which is what has kept me from moving forward. ^^;;
        BUT THAT SOUNDS SO PESSIMISTIC.
        I WILL BE OPTIMISTIC.
        THIS WILL BE A GOOD YEAR. emotion_dowant

oh! i also made those ginger molasses cookies i think i mentioned?
        omg they were so good. so worth the wait. emotion_drool

can i maybe send a friend request? u //u
        the events going to end sometime in the near future and i really like talking to you!

Aye! Right back atcha! <3 Hope yours is awesome as well~ > U<
Hhhhnngg yes emotion_brofist

Oooh~ Coool o uo I've never seen that much snow, so I'm a little jelly tbh. > u<;

8D Awesome~ I still do it now, but I don't emphasize the black and white as much. Usually I just take shitty phone pics of them xDa
> u< It's my nature ~ What good is life if you can't spend it happy and doing what you love? I try to infect other people with a similar positivity. UuU <3
hehe yeah it is, which is why I don't color as much as I should, but it can be fun when I get going~ > U<

Actually I have~ My friend [the one I drew that picture for] livestreamed doodling and I doodled some of my chars IRL while she did that. xD I didn't get pics of all of them: [x] [x] [x] [x]
Oh and here are the other two things I doodled: [x] [x]
Didn't get pics of two of them, but I'll scan and upload these all into one massive doodle dump once I've accumulated enough doodles XD!

Well, I won't deny that SOME procrastination is possibly good for you; it's when you indulge in it excessively that it becomes problematic. Everything in moderation~ UuU!
Aye~ Giving up is not an option. UuU I've been working on imagining how great it'll be once I get my license and can drive and get that bit of freedom so that I "trick" myself into thinking about it more and work on achieving it more consistently. > U<
And yes! I think that very same thing; even if it's just a little bit, doing something is better than doing nothing! O uO!!
Ah~~ Well, don't let time get away from you~~~ Work in as many ways towards it as you can. ; 3;! Also, what's wrong with your health? D':
YES! Be optimistic O UO!! Search for the positive and clamp on with your best deathgrip.

8D Aweeesooommeee~~~ <3

Yeah, of course~~ heart I was wondering what would happen when this forum closes or whatever. Whenever you want we can go to PMs if you'd like. C:!

Sweet Ladykiller

Never done it.

Charming Glutton

54,375 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
missqueeque
Never done it.

If you're ever looking for an excuse for cake, you now have at least one in your arsenal ;D!

Also I'm going to tip you for that cute as ******** sig.

Sweet Ladykiller

Saffrons_Curse
missqueeque
Never done it.

If you're ever looking for an excuse for cake, you now have at least one in your arsenal ;D!

Hahaha that is a very good idea.

Ooo why thank you ;D

Charming Glutton

54,375 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
missqueeque
Saffrons_Curse
missqueeque
Never done it.

Hahaha that is a very good idea.

Ooo why thank you ;D
hehehe indeed it is~ Cx

You're very welcome~ You just can't beat kittens. literally or in the "nothing tops them" sense. |D they're just too precious. ; u;

Vicious Connoisseur

Hit me! Trying to get a snowbunny heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas