Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image
*Last updated February 4, 2008*

Judging Completed!!

Prizes will be given as soon as Mahayr and I talk. I'm sorry it's taking so long, but! It's almost over. ^_^

User Image

~ToC~
Intro/Application
Rules
Swallowtail Butterfly
Rose Butterfly
Orange Julia Butterfly
Monarch Butterfly
FAQ
*Rules*

[x] Be nice to people. Don't down people about their writing or be rude. It's rude.
[x] Do not PM me your entries. I want them posted here.
[x] Put the URL in [X], the title...SOMETHING other than just the URL code. It just looks neater. ^_^
[x] Each group has different requirements, which will be stated in that group's post.
[x] PM me the link to your post when you do. I don't want to go searching for entries. If you reserve a post and don't send me the link when you actually put the story/poem up, it isn't my fault if you aren't judged.
[x] THE PICTURE IS THE PROMPT. I need to be able to tell how the story and the picture are related, though.
[x] You MAY NOT enter levels lower than your own. It isn't fair to the people in that group. (For more on this, refer to the Questions and Answers section in the FAQ.)
[x] I reserve the right to move your story if I feel you would be better off in a different category. I will only require you move unless you are way too good for the category you've entered. Otherwise it is merely a reccomendation you move to a place where you have better chances of winning, and it can be completely disregarded if you so choose.
[x] If you reserve a place, be sure to specify which group you are reserving it for, and then let me know when you've posted in it. Otherwise your reservation will be ignored and you will not be judged.
[x] I will add rules as problems arise. I figure that most of everything is common sense, so it doesn't need to be explained here. Check here every so often.

User Image

~ToC~
Intro/Applications
Rules
Swallowtail Butterfly
Rose Butterfly
Orange Julia Butterfly
Monarch Butterfly
FAQ
*Orange Julia Butterfly*

User Image

User Image

Guidelines:

[x] No more than 2000 words.
[x] I am looking primarily for intrigue. Capture me and suck me in so I don't want to stop reading.
[x] I will be somewhat of a grammar Nazi. You are experienced, so I will expect that you show it.

User Image

Entries:

1. Napkins by Imoto Lehcar
2. Blinded by the Haunted by Smurf_74_420
4. A Game of Chance by Arrow Slingzen
5. Paradise by Tinuviel_the_elven-fair*
6. Only Him by Zontanema

*Poetry

User Image

~ToC~
Intro/Applications
Rules
Swallowtail Butterfly
Rose Butterfly
Orange Julia Butterfly
Monarch Butterfly
FAQ
*Monarch Butterfly*

User Image

User Image

Guidelines:

[x] No more than 1000 words.
[x] I want to be haunted. Make me think about the story even after I stop reading.
[x] I will be a major grammar Nazi. You call yourself a professional, show it. Don't make stupid mistakes.

User Image

Entries:

1. Breathe by Stelluci*
2. =D by Astatine_Bind
3. Never Dance Again... by Kaless
4. Echoes by knight_of_chivalry
5. Untitled by Silver Gage
6. Run by Amir de la Croix
7. The World Within by Skedrix
8. Ascension by Empress of Aquileia*
9. Pretty... by RodIldKitsune
10.Smoke by M U S E

Smoked Glass by Loven Peace.11
Adult-ery by The Love Mutt*.12
The Strength of Subtlety by Rai Midori .13
Sam by SomethingWithAPheonixInIt .14

*Poetry

User Image

~ToC~
Intro/Applications
Rules
Swallowtail butterfly
Rose Butterfly
Orange Julia Butterfly
Monarch Butterfly
FAQ
*FAQ*

Judging:

I will be judging this contest. Other judges are gladly accepted. Please PM me about being a judge. All additional judges and their style will be up if/when I get them. Judging is based on the individual groups.

The Swallowtail Butterflies will be judged primarily on grammar, originality, and plot.

The Rose Butterflies will be judged on grammar, originality, plot, and character development.

The Orange Julia Butterflies will be judged on gammar, originality, plot, character development, and intrigue.

The Monarch Butterflies will be judged on grammar, originality, plot, character development, intrigue, and depth.

No matter the level, the contestants will only be judged against those others that entered in that category. I will not hold those in the Swallowtail group against those in the Rose or Monarch groups, and likewise with the Monarch against the Swallowtail.

User Image

Questions and Answers:

Where is the prompt?
The prompt is the picture at the beginning of each group's post. This was also stated in the rules.

Does it have to be prose?
No, it does not.

Can I enter in more than one category?
You may enter levels above you, but not lower. If you would like to try a prompt from another group, you may enter your own category more than once using the other prompt. Be sure to specify your group and which prompt you are using. I will require that you enter at least one story pertaining to your own group's prompt before doing this, though.

If you enter more than once, can you win more than once?
No.

Is there a limit to how many entries will be accepted?
No.

User Image

~ToC~
Intro/Applications
Rules
Swallowtail butterfly
Rose Butterfly
Orange Julia Butterfly
Monarch Butterfly
FAQ
wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance WINNER'S CIRCLE!!!! wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance

Orange Julia Butterfly:

First Place: Zontanema
Second Place:Arrow Slinzen
Third Place: Imoto Lehcar

Monarch Butterfly:

First Place: RaiMidori
Second Place: Silver Gage
Third Place: RodIldKitsune
Honorable Mention: Skedrix

Aged Seeker

10,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Reserving my own spot because I can! Muhahaha. I will actually post something here when this opens.

Nicely constructed, Nerd-Chan! Ohyes, you will have a Grant. I will let you know what / how much when I see how things are going, and will give you an intial idea so you can post that.

I like the idea of levels... however I miiiiiiiiiiight change the names of each one a tad. Hahaha! When I did the Last Hurray, we had levels and named them after animals. Fish would also be good, I think. FISH I tell you! Sharks could be the pros, for example. Maybe Stingrays for experienced. Maybe Salmon for the next one up, and Tuna for the first, but I think tuna and salmon could be something better... shad... or

Eel
Stingray
King Fish
Shark

Or something. Just a thought. Could be flowers, birds, trees...

You misspelled "haunted" (hauted) under the professional catagory.
kiss

7,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I love how as the level grows the word count shrinks. Seems the better entries always have some length to them, so could be a challenge.

Not for me. I'm not going professional. I may join under Rose Butterfly, but I need to find time, and see if I'm.. inspired?

(pst. If I messed up your post scheme or whatever, lemme know and I'll delete my post. Sorry sweatdrop )
*walks in, heels clicking in the empty expanse, steps close to the ribbon dividing the outside from the in, and snips it with giant red sissors*

We are...
OPEN!!!

6,550 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Regular 100
I think this idea is excellent, I'm a Rose Butterfly for sure, but am aspiring to develop into an Orange Julia Butterfly soon. 3nodding Using this contest as practice will help.
Yay! People! *glomps*

I'm so sorry! It's just...I'm so excited. I thought maybe no one would come...I hope they do. ^_^ Please stay a while! ^_^
Hmm...I think I'm somewhere between a rose butterfly and an orange julia butterfly. Well, I think I'll be interested in doing something for the latter...nice idea for a contest!

6,550 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Regular 100
Shakesperian Nerd
Yay! People! *glomps*

I'm so sorry! It's just...I'm so excited. I thought maybe no one would come...I hope they do. ^_^ Please stay a while! ^_^

Alright then, ^^ I'll be sure to drop by and post frequently. heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces