Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tyrion Lannister's main here...I've just got a quick question. Is there a deadline for this contest, or are you waiting for a certain number of participants in each section?
My cat is chasing a vole around my room. neutral I'm between rose and orange julia too. I'll have to see how inspired I am. I hope the vole doesn't chew through my wires. ninja Oh look, I just found some pyrite.
I'm definitely an Orange Julia or a Monarch. I'll have stuff for you soon. wink
Name: Stelluci
Group: Monarch Butterfly
URL: Breathe
Prompt: Haunted
Word Count: 215 (Short, I know...)
Story: Breathe

At the end of the hall, the grandfather clock chimes.
Inhale.
The girl in the corner with the upside-down face.
Exhale.
The girl in the mirror with no eyes.
At the end of the lane, a little boy bounces a ball. A car goes by. The boy is gone, and the ball bounces alone.
Inhale.
The sun sets in the East.
Exhale.
The moon rises in the North.
Piano music floats through lifeless rooms with spectral furniture, draped in mold-stained sheets and wrapped in dust. Crystal chandeliers clutch at flecks of light, tinkling in the nonexistent breeze, breathing their own demise.
Inhale.
The man in the closet with the permanent grin.
Exhale.
The man in the hall with the ligature marks.
Just around the corner, laughter and a hem disappear. There are scratches in the wallpaper, echoes of screams, bleach stains in the rug. Someone is crying in the distance, intermingled with giggling, a dull thump keeping time like a head striking plaster.
Inhale.
The trees are filled with crows.
Exhale.
The trees are filled with children.
Someone extends their hand, spindly fingers with blackened nails, grey and cold, searching for warmth. It speaks of pitied love, of empty promises, of suffocation and suffering. It wants your hand. It wants your warmth.
Inhale.
Inhale.
Inhale…
-reserving for later use- heart
Sandor Clegane
Tyrion Lannister's main here...I've just got a quick question. Is there a deadline for this contest, or are you waiting for a certain number of participants in each section?

I haven't decided on an end date. I'm not sure how quickly this will go and I don't want to set something before I know how popular this will be.
Wait where do you get the prompt?
bandit of the night

The prompt is the picture at the beginning of each group's post. That was explained...I thought...

7,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
It is explained. I myself had to look twice, but it is there.

Hmm... this is only prose, not poetry, huh... gir.
I'll have to define that rule...

Well, there was never a RULE that it has to be prose, and the first entry I have is sort of like a poem. I guess it is a poem. But...poetry isn't really my forte. Wait...WAS it stated that it has to be prose? I SO don't remember.

No, it doesn't have to be prose.

Should I have two different sections for that? sweatdrop This is getting very complicated.
Shakesperian Nerd
bandit of the night

The prompt is the picture at the beginning of each group's post. That was explained...I thought...

Okay I see it now ^^;. I'm sorry I just thought it was decoration. I like the picture though. So I'll try this out.

7,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Nah, you don't need two separate sections. If you WANT it to be all prose, state that. I just got the impression because when you offer the format to enter, you say "Word count:/ Story:" Maybe change story to entry to clear up some things??

And if it includes poetry then I really will have to find some DAMNED inspiration. The picture;s just TOO CUTE ^_^
bandit of the night
Shakesperian Nerd
bandit of the night

Okay I see it now ^^;. I'm sorry I just thought it was decoration. I like the picture though. So I'll try this out.

I emphasised it to avoid confusion.

The Love Mutt

Nah, you don't need two separate sections. If you WANT it to be all prose, state that. I just got the impression because when you offer the format to enter, you say "Word count:/ Story:" Maybe change story to entry to clear up some things??

And if it includes poetry then I really will have to find some DAMNED inspiration. The picture;s just TOO CUTE ^_^

I fixed that. I also am going to put an asterisk beside the entries that aren't prose.
Name: Astatine_Bind
Group: Monarch Butterfly
URL: =D
Prompt: Haunted
Word Count: 429
Entry:

Was this how it felt like? To die peacefully on your deathbed, feel the serenity of you last moments?

The silence envelopes me. . . Am I sleeping?

My being tingles, and I draw in a deep breath. I'm waiting, savoring the chance to reflect. My mood sways one way to another, how did this happen?

It's not important anyway.

I exhaled. The crickets stop chirping. Not a sound, save for the ticktock of the clock. I counted the seconds,

one, two, three. . .

I was alone, much to my disappointment. To be surrounded by family and friends was just a empty wish, too late. Alone in life, alone in death.

Seven, eight, nine. . .

The moon shines through the curtains, my only spectator. Will I be lost forever if I leave now? What's my legacy?

I pray to be remembered.

Fourteen, fifteen, sixteen.

A light breeze caresses my cheek, and I suddenly think of my mother. So gentle, delicate, and pale. Her loving murmurs, tender hugs. Will I see her again?

I had never seen sadness until she died. Was her death just like mine? So quiet, peaceful.

Soothing.

Twenty, twenty-one, twenty-two

On the day my mother passed away, I was to be alone. The inconsolable grief that day was unbearable. She was hit by a drunk driver, left to die out on the road.

Was she content? Happy, even? Or was she worrying about me the whole time?

She was so silly, why care about me when you're the one who's hurt and broken?

Thirty-five, thirty-six, thirty-seven. . .

Can I prolong this feeling? The leaves rustle outside. Through the crack my curtains made, I surveyed three simple stars. The moon was no longer there.

A dim light, cast by the sky and nearby street lights, streamed into my room.

Forty, forty-one, forty-two. . .

Slowly, tears built up in my eyes, threatening to fall. The simple melancholy drew out harsh and brutal emotions. Slowly, the drops slid down, one by one. I was livid and vengeful, emotions welled in my chest. Why did she die? Why do we die? How could we be separated? She was my mother, I needed her.

And she needed me. We were always dependent on each other, we were never ready to let go. But we had to. Nothing but specks of dust in this world, we were not important.

Sixty. . .

My heart slowed, my anger diminished, once again replaced buy a tranquil state of being.

My eyes were drooping, closing. It was harder to breath.

My smile was bitter, 'This is easy. . .' My wrists no longer hurt, my release is near.

Sixty-six. . .

Finally, I close my eyes, and ascended to Paradise.

[. . . I feel stupid for asking, but there isn't a entry fee, right?]

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces