Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image
Hi again, well I had to open this contest again since working in pairs didn't really work with Gaians in here... I don't know why although I thought it will be fun ti share thoughts with others... anyway... I had to change some rules and I will change the color of each thing I changed so people can notice... it will be in RED

User Image
Here is the new chart... we will need only 5 contestants...
User Image
• You will go through 4 rounds, each one with different theme. I'll put only slight information about them so you can decide on joining or not, but later they will be edited with more rules.
User Image
As you can see in the chart each one will get something. Whenever you pass a round an additional amount will be added to your credit:
Grand prize: 345k
Second: 195k
Third x2: 95k
Fourth x2: 25k
Fifth x2: 10k

Best Stories:
Round 1: +5k
Round 2: +10k
Round 3: +15k
Overall Best Story: +100k

User Image
YOU SHOULD READ ALL THESE RULES BEFORE SIGNING!!
• You won't get your gold after each round – I'll keep on adding on your credit till you win or lose in any round.
• If you decided to retreat, you'll gain nothing and another member will replace you. But they won't take your gold, but start from your point with zero credit. So if you decided to enter just keep moving forward.
I don't want to read stories with kisses, make out, sexual harassment, or sex. Try to be far away from these scenes and I prefer you don't include romance. If you can understand that romance is a feeling in the heart and purer than just sexual actions you can include pure love in your stories.
I don't want to see vampires, werewolves, Gods, angels, aliens. And try to be far as much as you can with common themes like another world, beauty but evil, bad guy but kind, dragons and stuff like that – unless you can be so creative in editing these ideas and bring something new.
• I don't care if the outcome is more than PG13; like 18+ – I mean with violence, gore, blood, and deep psychology.
• Each round will have additional rules, try to follow them too.
• All entries should be around 1,000 – 3,000 words; no more, no less.
• You should title your story. I don't want "Untitled" ones.
• All entries should be sent by PM.
• The entries and their evaluations won't be added publicly until the end of the round.
• If the deadline passed, you will be out of the game without taking your gold from previous victories.
User Image
• If you lose that doesn't mean your story was bad or you don't know how to write well, but it happened that others wrote something suits my taste more but you're a good writer.
• You're here to have fun not to make enemies.

User Image
Each round will take (21 days). But if I received all the entries before, I'll start the next round immediately.

User Image
I don't know if you noticed or not, I'm not a native English speaker. So I won't really be strict on grammar since I'm bad in it, to be honest. But I want something readable please or I'm going to cut marks. But what I care for most is originality. So here is how I'm going to evaluate you:
Originality: (XX/40)
Ending: (XX/20)
Characters: (XX/15)
Language: (XX/15)
Plot: (XX/10)

User Image
Each round will have a special theme and 5 words will be added which should be included in the story. Also as I mentioned before, additional rules will be added.

This round will count as ZERO since it was done before breaking the pairing but only 2 groups have submitted their entries.
Round O: Theme: A parent-child love

Words list:

• Rabbit
• Pinky
• Diamond
• Ribbon
• Mountain

Rules:
• Genre can be anything, but extra 5 points for including historical fiction.
• It can be a (Mother-Son/ Mother-Daughter/ Father-Son/ Father-Daughter) relationship. If you want to know my favorite; it's Father-Daughter relationship.
• The child can be in any age (toddler/ kid/ teenager/ adult/ middle-age).
• It's not necessary to be an only child or lost one of his parents.
• The child can be adopted child.
• Forbidden love is banned.

Groups:
G1: rythmqueen6 – The_Pretend_Nut
Entry:
Evaluation:

G2: Sensei Ruinz – fizzyorangesoda
Entry: Christmas Present
Evaluation:
Originality: (30/40)
Ending: (14/20)
Characters: (9/15)
Language: (14.5/15)
Plot: (8.5/10)
Total: 74%

G3:
The Markees Stradivarius – Cincos
Entry: An Unexpected Visitor
Evaluation:
Originality: (30/40)
Ending: (17/20)
Characters: (11/15)
Plot: (8.5/10)
Total: 81%

G4: Alli the Elf – mudgirl2222
Entry:
Evaluation:
G5: haunting heaven – Fire and Ice0911
Entry:
Evaluation:

Deadline: December 25th - CLOSED

User Image

Round I: Historical fiction

Words list:

• Balloon
• Dress
• Smoke
• Nail
• Theft

Rules:
• Can add any side genres but extra 10 points for including science-fiction (other than aliens).
• The story should contain at least 5 main characters.
• Events shouldn't be in an earlier year than 1920 A.C. since it's a historical fiction. So you're not forced to let the story be ancient or in B.C. era.

Members:
Cincos
Entry: The Unknown Battle Of London
Evaluation:
Originality: (35/40)
Ending: (18.5/20)
Characters: (10.5/15)
Language: (14 /15)
Plot: (5/10)
Extra: 10
Total: 93%

Y a m i - D h a m p i r
Entry: Hope Juice
Evaluation:
Originality: (36/40)
Ending: (20/20)
Characters: (14/15)
Language: (15/15)
Plot: (10/10)
Total: 105%

fizzyorangesoda
Entry: Better Than Best
Evaluation:
Originality: (28/40)
Ending: (18/20)
Characters: (9.5/15)
Plot: (10/10)
Extra: 0
Total: 80%

Sensei Ruinz
Entry: Relinquo
Evaluation:
Originality: (39/40)
Ending: (19/20)
Characters: (14/15)
Language: (15/15)
Plot: (8/10)
Minus 4 for being late
Total: 101%

Saoire
Entry:
Evaluation:

Get well soon Saoire

Deadline: January 15. 2012

User Image

Round III: A story with title: Hot day in winter
Words list:

• Baby
• Crisis
• Coffee
• Drill
• Soldier

Rules:
• Fantasy & psychology are banned in this round.
• You don't title the story in this round since "Hot day in winter" should be the title.
• You should include tragedy.
• There should be at least one teenager character.

Members:
Cincos
Entry:
Evaluation:

Y a m i - D h a m p i r
Entry:
Evaluation:

Sensei Ruinz
Entry:
Evaluation:

Deadline: Feb 20. 2012

User Image

Round III: A psychology story – weirdest character

User Image

Round III: From a picture:
User Image
Words list: [Coming soon – when the round starts]
Rules: [Coming soon – when the round starts]
Members:
M1:
Entry:
Evaluation:
M2:
Entry:
Evaluation:

User Image
1- Cincos
2- Y a m i - D h a m p i r
3- fizzyorangesoda
4- Sensei Ruinz
5- Saoire

User Image
First:
Second:
Third:
Fourth:
Fifth:

User Image
[REGISTRATION CLOSED]
I'm tempted, but if you're not allowing gay characters for no other reason than personal preference, I can't let myself be associated.
GarGo0or
sarkadark
I'm tempted, but if you're not allowing gay characters for no other reason than personal preference, I can't let myself be associated.

are you that much into gays? it's just against my religion and culture and I won't like to read something like that... also I have bad experience with lesbians

No, I'm just that much against prejudice. I believe in equal rights for people of all sexual orientations. If it's against your religion, well, I disagree with your views, but it's your right to have them. I'd recommend running a Christian or Muslim or whatever contest rather than a general one if you're going to impose them as rules, though.
what an Interesting contest XD
i hope i can enter but im not good whith storys so
i will jas watch ^^

good luke for every one biggrin ..
I'm just going to say your wrong about AIDS, which first appeared within the gay community but is in no other way connected to homosexuality, and that you've gone from reasonable religious person I can respectfully disagree with to homophobe. In the interest of not derailing your thread, I won't post further, but I advise you to check your facts against reliable medical sources in the future.
sarkadark
I'm just going to say your wrong about AIDS, which first appeared within the gay community but is in no other way connected to homosexuality, and that you've gone from reasonable religious person I can respectfully disagree with to homophobe. In the interest of not derailing your thread, I won't post further, but I advise you to check your facts against reliable medical sources in the future.

listen to me sister... forget about who am I or what's my religion ok?
but in any writing contest... you always see what the judge like and hate whatever it was
I saw many with for example "you can write any story but I like fantasy, superpower and I don't like suspense and mystery" you will try to be aware of writing what the judge doesn't like and try to write something they like... it's because they're the one who will judge your story... why do you take it in a sensitive way? I don't like homosexual stories as I don't like vampires and others and who cares about the reason behind this hate? why did you only took off the gay thing and didn't ask about any other thing although many people love those kinds? you wanna open a debate? I came here just to entertain others as I want to entertain myself... I don't want to read something that doesn't entertain me... it's something normal...
I may be wrong on what I said before but please can you see this contest as any other contest? I don't see anything differ it from the others...

you're still welcome if you want to join... if you don't maybe next time smile ...
No one is interested? should I increase the prizes?

5,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Invisibility 100
So glad to see you made a writing contest smile Might I be able to join?
rythmqueen6
So glad to see you made a writing contest smile Might I be able to join?

You're welcome my friend ^_^
and I decided to double the prizes if I was able to find 10 members in a week ^_^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff