Welcome to Gaia! ::

It is more fun to write

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on August 9, 2004.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

vashts18
I like the villians. with them you don't have to follow the rules. He or she can do what they want when they want.
Hear! Hear! wink
I love going at it with the bad guy. Mine are usually people in a power spot, and I enjoy describing the way they get to hold on to their position despite being blatantly evil on it. biggrin
S.R.Osuna
I started writting a story in the perspective of a villan and ended up turning him into a protagonist...but hey i had fun trying....

That's not necessarily a bad thing. Some of the best protagonists I've read have been villians, with the antagonist as the bad guy's enemy, who is really the good guy. It's an interesting switch of character roles. Fun to read and write. 3nodding
I love writing about villians...but i also love twisting it sorta. i love writing about good ppl going bad. wink

Devoted Bookworm

16,250 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
I'm not sure who my favourite type of character is. As long as I get the chance to use some cutting dialogue and insert a bit of humor, usually I'm quite happy. One of my villains, Charity, has proven marvelous for this. She's evil in a gleeful way and she does it because it's fun. She also has a horrible reputation among her underlings because she continually lauds it over them and she is not the brightest crayon in the box at times. Having others make snide remarks at her expense and watching her second wistfully plotting for her death (which he will eventually be the cause of) is a source of a lot of amusement for me at the moment.
bad guys are fun, so the right answer is good guys with a little bad but the best is bad guys with some good inside
Villains are very fun to write. I enjoy the challenge of attempting to create an antagonist who is complex and unpredictable, rather than uninteresting and stereotypical.
Personally, villians are MUCH more fun to write lines for. There's always a certain amount of fun that you have when you write the evil villian's I'm-about-to-try-and-kick-you-lousy-goodguy's-rear speal. Also, you can always picture them sitting in a high-backed chair with their fingertips forming a steeple...

But random people are fun to write in, too, because they are oftentimes the comic relief because no one cares if they suddenly die or say something absolutely off topic. I once had a random guy named Bill in a story, he was an ice rink cleaner, and he rode that big ice cleaner thing that resembles a sit-on lawn mower. He had no lines, but once he saw that other people were in the room, he put his ice cleaner in full gear and raced into the ice rink wall with a tremendous explosion. Then you just go on with the plot as if nothing happened.

There's my two cents.
I like to create ramdon characters that can turn villians or heros according as the story goes. I think it's more fun that way.

Devoted Bookworm

16,250 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Bob the vampire janitor was probably my best random hero. whee He was far more amusing than he should have been.
I think its interesting that people feel that either a good/bad character is their favourite to create. It seems to me, that seeing as writing is after all a type of expression, that maybe people are expressing here what type of character they would want, themselves to be. - Anyway, just a thought.
I love to write good guys that can't help being bad sometimes. Or bad guys people can't help to like. One of my stories, everyone loves this guy whose friends with the main character, but he's bad, even nearly rapes someone. I didn't make him to be liked, but I guess he has charm too. Putting it this way, it's actually disturbing.
Nah, I think some characters are based on things we the writers wouldn't do ourselves, but we wonder what it might be like. I think we like to look through the eyes of other people, get into their minds and sometimes just be plain creative. I think sometimes the main character might express little things about the writer. But it's also strange that the main character isn't the favorite of the writer often.
Purple_fire
I love writing the bad guys! heart I am a nice person by nature, but I like to get in touch with the evil in humans biggrin

i find it easier to write the hero....simply because in alot of movies and books the bad guy doesn't do too much. but i hope to give my bad guy a lot to do because he's really fun to write. i too am a good person by nature but when i have the chance to get to know someone who has no compassion, i'll take it. i think its really fun to write the bad guy because i can bring my inner most mean thoughts to lif and not worry about anything in the real world. so yeah...i like bad guys.

Dapper Member

I write both. Neither is easier. Both arre loved by people.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff