Welcome to Gaia! ::

It is more fun to write

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on August 9, 2004.
No longer accepting new votes.
1 2 3 4 5 6 >

I love writing the bad guys! heart I am a nice person by nature, but I like to get in touch with the evil in humans biggrin
My you're on a topic roll 3nodding

I love random people. The people in the background, good guys, bad guys... i love creating characters! Its my favorite part 3nodding But the people who are the most fun are the comic relief. Because they say so few lines but are always there, their ties to the plot arent all that strong so you can create them without any border lines. Lots and lots of fun whee
Lady_Brimstone
My you're on a topic roll 3nodding

I love random people. The people in the background, good guys, bad guys... i love creating characters! Its my favorite part 3nodding But the people who are the most fun are the comic relief. Because they say so few lines but are always there, their ties to the plot arent all that strong so you can create them without any border lines. Lots and lots of fun whee
Their okay to write too, but they are not as fun. biggrin
For me, it doesn't matter whether a charecter is good or bad as long as they have an intreging past and interesting personality. In the book i'm writing right now, my two favorite charecters are the heroine and the villan, equally, just because they have cool background stories.
CryptThing
For me, it doesn't matter whether a charecter is good or bad as long as they have an intreging past and interesting personality. In the book i'm writing right now, my two favorite charecters are the heroine and the villan, equally, just because they have cool background stories.
Nice 3nodding
My sympathies lie with the well-developed bad guy. I don't find too many of those though; it's hard to break out of the "standard" bad guy trap, so all too often I run into bad guys who are psychotic or "evil" or sadistic or whatnot.

My favorite bad guy to write about is something of a masochist, who is on the bad side because it's a bit more "inclusive" than the scenario's good side--as far as shades of grey are concerned, at least--and also because the bad side is a lot more interesting. He finds the "good" versus "evil" situation rather amusing and especially enjoys playing the role of "bad guy." His major fault is a distorted sense of reality; he does bad guy things because it's expected of the role he's playing.

Actually, even I'm not entirely sure that he's not really a well-disguised good guy; the "good" side has some truly good individuals, but for the most part they are littered with rabid "good side" fanatics of the "anyone who's not on our side is an enemy" sort.

That particular thread is under heavy development at the moment though; I've barely gotten the characters and basic plot established, but I've got some good progress on them.

... overall though, I do end up developing more "good side" characters in my other threads, and masses of non-affiliated characters who are dedicated to a conflict that's completely different from "good" vs "evil." 3nodding
Nubecula
My sympathies lie with the well-developed bad guy. I don't find too many of those though; it's hard to break out of the "standard" bad guy trap, so all too often I run into bad guys who are psychotic or "evil" or sadistic or whatnot.

My favorite bad guy to write about is something of a masochist, who is on the bad side because it's a bit more "inclusive" than the scenario's good side--as far as shades of grey are concerned, at least--and also because the bad side is a lot more interesting. He finds the "good" versus "evil" situation rather amusing and especially enjoys playing the role of "bad guy." His major fault is a distorted sense of reality; he does bad guy things because it's expected of the role he's playing.

Actually, even I'm not entirely sure that he's not really a well-disguised good guy; the "good" side has some truly good individuals, but for the most part they are littered with rabid "good side" fanatics of the "anyone who's not on our side is an enemy" sort.

That particular thread is under heavy development at the moment though; I've barely gotten the characters and basic plot established, but I've got some good progress on them.

... overall though, I do end up developing more "good side" characters in my other threads, and masses of non-affiliated characters who are dedicated to a conflict that's completely different from "good" vs "evil." 3nodding
Good on yea biggrin
villains are easily more fun... you get to let them run wild and indulge in all the evil stuff we'd all do if we weren't such good, upstanding citizens. they just don't have the same limits and constraints but upon them as good guys, they can do what they feel like!
I don't think I ever really write many 'villains' though, I tend to make it all a bit more confusing than that sweatdrop
I started writting a story in the perspective of a villan and ended up turning him into a protagonist...but hey i had fun trying....
S.R.Osuna
I started writting a story in the perspective of a villan and ended up turning him into a protagonist...but hey i had fun trying....
I have to work really hard about not doing that, but I still sometimes do sweatdrop
Well I think I like to write hero's better because with villans normally I can't think of anything and make them all corny and stereo typical, but it is fun making villans that are completely crazy. The reason why I like to write hero's better is becasue I like making them really odd, like you wouldn't expect them to save something or someone or protect stuff.

9,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
I vote for....... The well-rounded character! Neither a hero or a villian, this person is the kind you see everyday, doing their everyday with those little secrets and hidden thoughts that would make them seem evil if they actually came out and did it in broad daylight. The people that you never know what they are doing or planning until the very end when you get the shock of your life.

I also like the creepily sane insane characters. They are always fun to create.
I like to write villians, you know the kind who have a reason. I also like to write in random characters/ the random people. 3nodding
I'm not into having a villain/hero type characters in my stories. I think the whole idea is far too black and white, and very uninteresting.
I like the villians. with them you don't have to follow the rules. He or she can do what they want when they want.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff