Devoted Bookworm

16,250 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
SurrealMod
terradi
SurrealMod

Which reminds me, I did start right away on the Beatnikish Vampire story, and right now he's sleeping off a flight from a town. It just sort of flows, you gotta play like some Sun Ra in the background. Yeah, Sun Ra.
Sun Ra?

Not that this doesn't lead us into Subject Creep, but a jazz musician who popularized insane long sessions and could be considered the first punk for his genre expansion and oddities. He influenced Zappa. But anyways, its just the right style of music for the Beat-Vamp.
Ah.. never heard of him. I just stick to an old favorite musician for getting into the mood. Standard theme song when I'm wreaking havoc on characters: Cruelty by Cruxshadows. It's twistedly fun. Because I am an evil, vindictive b***h when I write.

3,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Citizen 200
terradi
Ah.. never heard of him. I just stick to an old favorite musician for getting into the mood. Standard theme song when I'm wreaking havoc on characters: Cruelty by Cruxshadows. It's twistedly fun. Because I am an evil, vindictive b***h when I write.

sweatdrop my opinion would probably anger people, as it seems a vampire-goth title at least. sweatdrop

Devoted Bookworm

16,250 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
SurrealMod
terradi

sweatdrop my opinion would probably anger people, as it seems a vampire-goth title at least. sweatdrop
:shrug: I have odd tastes in music. I don't mind if other people don't like it. Cruelty just seems to fit so well .. especially for one character. It's become my 'I'm being evil' song.

3,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Citizen 200
terradi
:shrug: I have odd tastes in music. I don't mind if other people don't like it. Cruelty just seems to fit so well .. especially for one character. It's become my 'I'm being evil' song.

Aw, like Vampires and all, it's personal opinion.
I actually have never read a vampire story...however I do think that they are sort of like the new "Pokemon" in that everyone who can string a sentence together is writing them...

meh, whatever tickles your pickle..
Really, vampires aren't overdone. Nothing really can be overdone, as long as it's quality writing. It's when everyone uses the same variation on a vampire from an already established series, or clones a movie and uses the characters under different names and with a modified plot.
Other vampire stories, however, that sort of mix up the formula, seem to be better. IE, the vampire can't neccesarily survive Lord knows how many bullets before going down; he might just be a bit more powerful than a human. I'm personally writing with a vampire who's somewhat in denial, and refuses to go anywhere near blood.
...I'll shut up now. sweatdrop

Devoted Bookworm

16,250 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Patrel
I actually have never read a vampire story...however I do think that they are sort of like the new "Pokemon" in that everyone who can string a sentence together is writing them...

*shrug* You could say the same about poetry. Doesn't take talent, and probably attracts a lot of people with no talent.

However, just becasue everyone can write them doesn't mean that they can write a good vampire story. After all, there's plenty of people stories that suck.
terradi
Patrel

*shrug* You could say the same about poetry. Doesn't take talent, and probably attracts a lot of people with no talent.

However, just becasue everyone can write them doesn't mean that they can write a good vampire story. After all, there's plenty of people stories that suck.

well yeah, of course. It seems today that for ever one good story out there, there's about ten with no plot and bad grammer...*sigh*

Devoted Bookworm

16,250 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Touche. Probably a lot more than ten, sadly. Most of them carbon copies of Anne Rice's style with a lot of sex and violence and not a lot of plot.

'pologies, vampires are my focus so I'm defensive of them. Hopefully not offensively so though.
Hey no worries! I understand...completely!

Your right, and these carbon copies extend out of the vampire genre too, Sci-fi, Fantasy (Farm boy with destiny finds trinket kills villian) it's everywhere...

and it kinda sucks xp

Devoted Bookworm

16,250 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Patrel
Hey no worries! I understand...completely!

Your right, and these carbon copies extend out of the vampire genre too, Sci-fi, Fantasy (Farm boy with destiny finds trinket kills villian) it's everywhere...

and it kinda sucks xp
Old dude informing everyone that they need to go off on some quest to save the world or it will end?

I think the carbon copies have flooded the market so much that the only way you can write them is to make a parody.
terradi
Old dude informing everyone that they need to go off on some quest to save the world or it will end?

I think the carbon copies have flooded the market so much that the only way you can write them is to make a parody.

HA! I couldn't have said it better myself!

3,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Citizen 200
terradi

So true, so bloody true. We need people who can take old ideas and rework them, or at least use them in new ways. Anne Rice was the first to use her style, and she should be one of the last one's as well. Originality isn't just in using different words, and people should remember that.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff