Welcome to Gaia! ::

Clare_N generated a random number between 1 and 100 ... 24!

cat_4laugh cat_4laugh cat_4laugh

Clare_N generated a random number between 1 and 100 ... 89!

cat_4laugh cat_4laugh cat_4laugh cat_4laugh

kitty3d generated a random number between 1 and 100 ... 31!

VintageEcotype's Significant Otter

Thankful Memory

Clare_N generated a random number between 1 and 100 ... 30!

Clare_N generated a random number between 1 and 100 ... 9!

Clare_N generated a random number between 1 and 100 ... 41!

Kaiser Khorosho generated a random number between 1 and 100 ... 50!

Swashbuckling Inquisitor

12,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I don't write enough. In fact I don't write at all. I've got all these ideas but I get preoccupied with youtube, tv, and the vidja games. Hopefully doing some of these will get me off my a**. xp

The lights went out. This damned apartment and it's power flucts. Well, it was a small mercy for the girl. At least she wouldn't get to see what was going to happen to her.
Unfortunately for her, she had to be awake for this next part. His optic ware allowed him to see in the dark; he doubted this suit had the need for such implants, but with their money anything was possible. She was incredibly quiet all things considered. Even bound and gagged she had barely moved or mumbled since she regained consciousness.

She would be a tough customer, but causing trauma was easy, especially when the victim was hopped up on stimulants. He had administered them before she had woken up.
He lamented he'd had to use his last of his Insomnodrone on her; that s**t wasn't cheap, but then he'd need his sleep after this job so maybe it was a good thing to get the jitters and some shut eye instead of staying awake for a week. He didn't envy the next hundred hours this corporate b***h would be awake, not after he had taken the pliers to her toenails. Now she began to make noise.

The trick to his plan was getting her heart rate up enough to where her implants would send a signal to her corporation that she was in danger. Standard procedure was to send a private squad that generally consisted of ex military types that had access to higher grade weaponry than they'd had a hold of in the last war. Usually when this type of implant was triggered the "recovery unit" is sent to recover a body, and if the employee happens to become a corpse in the process of the recovery then too bad. They'd rather corporate secrets die than be tortured out of someone. He was ex military himself but being a civilian he didn't have access to the same toys the corporations did, and he'd be damned if he ever worked for them. His toys weren't as up to the task for the last phase of the job he had taken so the plan was to ambush the rescue team and acquire their hardware. It was too bad this woman had to suffer this way but she did work for corporate scum so he didn't feel too distraught. .

The lights came back on when he was on the third toenail. She saw. His optics informed him a signal had been triggered and in her implants. Huh. Guess the visual aids had pushed her over the top. "Well, miss, thank you for your cooperation. Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got to go meet your hitsquad. What's their usual ETA?" She stared at him, wide eyed. He sighed. "Well, I'm not going to ungag you. The neighbors might hear you. I rented this room just for this job but who knows? They could be decent people. So, I'm going to ask you once and you're going to shake your head yes or no. I'll go deal with your goons and if they get her sooner than what you tell me then I'll take off another toe nail for each minute you were off by." Somehow her eyes went wider.

"Good. Since you have seven left, let's guess that much. Will it take them about seven minutes to get here?" She violently shook her head from side to side. "Oh? More time?"
No again. "Less time?" Damn. Didn't think they'd be that efficient. "How much time do I have then? Five minutes?" Another side to side shake. "Three?" Fresh tears started streaming down her face. He leaned over to loosened her gag, tensing up and reaching behind to his lower back for his blaster. There was a knock at the door.

"They're here..." she whispered.

Clare_N generated a random number between 1 and 100 ... 78!

Clare_N generated a random number between 1 and 100 ... 67!

Clare_N generated a random number between 1 and 100 ... 92!

Clare_N generated a random number between 1 and 100 ... 86!

Chatty Tycoon

7,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
4laugh Boop 4laugh

PrincessLala95 generated a random number between 1 and 100 ... 19!

Beloved Sweetheart

14,250 Points
  • Married 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Simple Romantic 50
I'll edit this post to include the result once I write it. Going for a single-word prompt here.

19. Intercept
Run.

Feet hit the damp pavement, a soft splashing noise seeming to punctuate every hurried step. His gaze was focused straight ahead, his breathing heavy and laboured almost to the point of panting. There was no time to think, though, no time to reflect on how wretchedly out of shape he might have been, or how almost doglike his frantic breaths were. There was no time to think about the consequences of failure.

Left.

It was a sharp turn around the corner. He almost slipped on the wet ground beneath his feet, but he managed to regain his footing and resume his rushed sprint. His arms were pumping at his sides as if it would speed him up and his brow was damp with sweat that glistened in the flickering yellow glow of the streetlights, almost as reflective as the ground below.

Left again.

Was it obvious? Predictable, maybe? Perhaps, but that was why it worked. He kept on running, his determination and adrenaline keeping him going far beyond what he would have assumed to be the limits of his body. He would ache when morning came - or, rather, if morning came. If he didn't run fast enough, though, then he might never see the sun again.

Here.

This was it. The corridor made a cross-shaped intersection just up ahead. If his calculations were correct...

A woman came into sight. How she was running so fast in those high-heeled boots, he would never understand. How she wasn't sweating beneath those leather tights and that black turtleneck, he would never understand. He didn't need to understand how she did the things that she did, though. All he needed to understand was what needed to be done.

He dove forward, colliding with the woman in mid-air. Together, the duo tumbled to the wet ground, and the woman let out a pained groan. Grabbing her by the wrists, he pinned her to the ground. Despite his troubled breaths, he managed to croak out a single word.

"Gotcha."

kiyopiyo rolled 1 100-sided dice: 17 Total: 17 (1-100)

Revered Prophet

not really used to writing creatively anymore - hopefully this will inspire me to use my brain a bit!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff