Welcome to Gaia! ::

Written 5 chapters of my current novel (1st of a trilogy). Chapter 6 is proving difficult. Also wrote a 381 word piece for a prompt over on Reddit last night.

Doctor Gay's Honey Bun

Bashful Lover

I'm not sure if this counts since im not technically putting words down, yet

But I am in the beginning stages of creating my own webcomic!

I'll be doing plenty of writing in the near future, but for now i'm working on characters. Specifically their designs and motivations, as well as their usefulness plot-wise and their overall importance to the story.

Ive gotten a decent chunk of work done in these last few days :3

Questionable Prophet

Eshidu
I'm not sure if this counts since im not technically putting words down, yet

But I am in the beginning stages of creating my own webcomic!

I'll be doing plenty of writing in the near future, but for now i'm working on characters. Specifically their designs and motivations, as well as their usefulness plot-wise and their overall importance to the story.

Ive gotten a decent chunk of work done in these last few days :3

That's so exciting!
Are you going to be doing the illustrations as well or will you be working with someone?

Doctor Gay's Honey Bun

Bashful Lover

I am indeed doing the illustrations myself! My beloved partner is helping me with writing the story so that it 1. is good and 2. makes sense lol

A very very good friend of mine (another artist) is helping me w character designs and (eventually) page composition as well.

Besides that, tho, im essentially doing everything myself.

Questionable Prophet

Eshidu
I am indeed doing the illustrations myself! My beloved partner is helping me with writing the story so that it 1. is good and 2. makes sense lol

A very very good friend of mine (another artist) is helping me w character designs and (eventually) page composition as well.

Besides that, tho, im essentially doing everything myself.

Nice!

That sounds like a massive undertaking.
But, also like a lot of fun.

Novice Writer

25,275 Points
  • A Novel Idea 0
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Generous 100
Argh! I should get back into editing my second short story, but I cannot for the life of me find the motivation to do it. gonk

It's not writer's block or anything, it's just wanting to sit down and actually do it! crying

Doctor Gay's Honey Bun

Bashful Lover

Lorelei Yeager
Argh! I should get back into editing my second short story, but I cannot for the life of me find the motivation to do it. gonk

It's not writer's block or anything, it's just wanting to sit down and actually do it! crying

What I do is go for a 15 min walk outside, to enjoy the trees n such, then come back in and just pick a place in my work to start reading. It usually gets me going from there and i'll start to make small edits.

I'm terribly riddled w adhd so something i like to do to "trick" my brain into writing/drawing is to just give myself the time and space to blow myself off, like just sit and write/draw in the middle of something else, like doing laundry.
Triggers my "this is forbidden" mischief response and it gets my creative juicing flowing.

Anyway, dont be too hard on yourself. You'll get crankin again in no time!

Novice Writer

25,275 Points
  • A Novel Idea 0
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Generous 100
Eshidu

It was more lack of sleep and holiday stress. It was so bad that not only writing was difficult, but everyday chores were difficult, which is strange because I generally don't need a lot of prodding to take out the garbage, do dishes, etc.

Now that the holidays are pretty much over and I hopefully get a few better 'night's sleep, my mind should be ready to do its' usual writing activities. sweatdrop

Tipsy Tycoon

10,525 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Invisibility 100
Wrote 3k words today, which is way more than I usually manage!

Shy Dabbler

16,750 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Falling For You 25
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
after a bit of a break, i managed to get 2 chapters done ( 2000-3400 words per chapter)

I find my brain is quite scattered causing the chapters to be fast paced and lacking details but I'm just happy something is coming out of this noggin.

I have missed my main character so much.

Novice Writer

25,275 Points
  • A Novel Idea 0
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Generous 100
Welp, after the holiday stress and lack of sleep, all that I've produced is a 500-Word Flash Fiction. gonk

It's in the process of getting edited, but I cannot believe that after weeks of stress and lack of sleep, two full, good nights of rest allowed me to produce something. sweatdrop

Of course, what I really should be doing is working on my second short story, so there's that issue. xp
Last Month I Reviewed My Whole Manuscript Again Before Re-Uploading It Into Smashwords.Com
Found A Few Embarrassing Typos.

Asechii's Wife

I thought I'd lost my manuscript because my last computer corrupted.
But I found an email file that I'd sent that had the manuscript in it.
So I'm relieved!

Devoted Lovergirl

20,475 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
Finished my assigned chapter about a month ago and did my first lookover weeks ago. Today's plan is to do one last lookover before Wednesday's due date to the editor.

Novice Writer

25,275 Points
  • A Novel Idea 0
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Generous 100
Both Flash Fictions are currently on editors' desks. So as of right now, it's the waiting game...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff