Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sparkly Gekko

Desi the fuzzy fluffhead
I hope it went well!.
Thanks, no news yet (that site has always been frustratingly slow on the judging front) but I'm hopeful. I've gotten an idea I want to incorporate into the third contest so I'm redoing a few paragraphs. Otherwise, not much to say.

Questionable Prophet

Goddess Rukus
Desi the fuzzy fluffhead
I hope it went well!.
Thanks, no news yet (that site has always been frustratingly slow on the judging front) but I'm hopeful. I've gotten an idea I want to incorporate into the third contest so I'm redoing a few paragraphs. Otherwise, not much to say.

Did they give a date where they'll release the results?
I'm terrible at waiting.
Good luck with the third contest. What site is it?

Sparkly Gekko

Desi the fuzzy fluffhead
Did they give a date where they'll release the results?
I'm terrible at waiting.
Good luck with the third contest. What site is it?
A date for when the results are in? Hah! This is Figment we're talking about. They're associated with Random House so I probably shouldn't be trash-talking them, but they suck at meeting deadlines. Or giving deadlines. Or just generally being organized in any capacity at all.

Thanks for the luck, though! I'll bottle it with my other good wishes.

Progress since I was last here: ...I rearranged some paragraphs? Not much.

Questionable Prophet

Goddess Rukus

Waiting without a deadline is freaking terrible.

Things with publishing houses behind them seem kind of lame.
There's this site Authonomy ran by HarperCollins (I've left the community, but I got awesome reviews) that was kind of a constant contest. Manuscripts would be rated and all that jazz and the number one manuscript (out of the month, I think????) would get landed on an editor's desk and would get a full review. Though when I was there, the editors were terrible at actually getting back to the writers in a timely manner.

They are busy peeps.

My Progress:
Actually a decent amount. 1,300 words.
Finally.

Dapper Codger

7,150 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Wall Street 200
I've been "working" totally not only writing a couple paragraphs every few months, really on this story for quite some time. I've gotten around 20k words down of an anticipated 100k. So, uh, 20% done with the first draft? Yaaaay.

I've been stuck on a single scene for the last year, writing, re-writing, scrapping the scene and starting over. At the current rate I'm writing I might finish my first draft before my hair turns grey.
Been editing and moved offices at work. I have a door now. Yay!

Blessed Genius

10,475 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Timid 100
I may get a writing job soon. I have my doubts, but... fingers crossed.

Dapper Codger

7,150 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Wall Street 200
SebastiansLittleDoll
I may get a writing job soon. I have my doubts, but... fingers crossed.

Best of luck!
Just a few more things to change before I start sending this novel out. Already a month or so behind my plan, but htat's ok. smile
published chapter one of my book on wattpad. Took 2 1/2 months think of enough story to start publishing. Now thinking of how chapter 2 will be paced, I have the idea for chapter 2 only problem is the pacing

Greedy Tycoon

Just getting back into writing and actually writing is progress for me.
The other day I worked on a Beast Wars Fanfic, jotted some ideas for a couple stories and began a rough draft for another. I am so happy I could cry.

Blessed Genius

10,475 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Timid 100
Started working on Insanity again. I got my boyfriend to read it and he quite liked it. But he's also biased TwT (On the plus side--he gave some recommendations to how I can improve it, and I plan on using his advice). In other news I'm still hacking away at chapter 5 of Freaks. I also decided that I'm going to send out Whisked Away to the magazine that published me before--I think they'll like the piece a lot. It's right up their alley.

Sparkly Gekko

Overhauled my writing folders again. Threw out lots of notebooks and sketchbooks. Still have two things on hiatus. Still no news on the contests.

Quotable Poster

Been writing most of the summer. Wrote 35k in July and have written 16k so far this month. Hoping to even it out to about 20k before the end of the month.

I've been working on a couple fanfics, all of which I'm super proud of, and one of them, my Young Justice fic, is super complex. I started using color coded cue cards to plot it, which is a great way to learn new plotting methods!

Questionable Prophet

I have a new story idea.
Oh, and I've written a sappy love poem. (This time, not for my cat.)

Ani Pendragon

Nice work! Color coding is so helpful. I used to do it on my whiteboard. 3nodding

@Goddess Rukus:
I hope the waiting ends soon.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas