Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Free gold!!

Yay!!! 1 100.0% [ 262 ]
Total Votes:[ 262 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 674 675 676 > >> >>> »|

cre8ive_ovadose
willowkat
I love Nanowrimo --even if I don't win it. It helps make November pass quicker for me. I always hate the winter months. I've been making notes and keep changing ideas about my story already but guess this is the time to do that before we start writing. They're supposed to wipe the boards today and start them over --can't wait! Good luck to everyone!

Exactly!! This is my 4th year and I'm still waiting to claim winner-ship =P It's about the fun and the friends you make and the story you find within yourself biggrin Good luck willowkat mrgreen

Nothing beats the Nano community -- I love all the forums there and it gets so crazy fun. I also love what you wrote about finding the story within yourself heart So true!! Here's to both of us winning this year cre8ive! cheese_whine

Fashionable Genius

5,100 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
whimsicaldreamer
@ Rose

You could check the Script Frenzy site plot generator, they are some pretty strange (and funny) ideas but it might inspire something.

A couple of plot thoughts snuck up on me last night. I'm now kinda plotting them out.

Revered Nerd

@ Rose

That is awesome.

@ Willow and Cre8tive

The community is a ton of fun, and if it weren't for the yearly Nano thread and all of the wordwars I would have a pathetic word count.
My 10k day was all word wars.

Lonely Lunatic

17,425 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
whimsicaldreamer
@ Rose

That is awesome.

@ Willow and Cre8tive

The community is a ton of fun, and if it weren't for the yearly Nano thread and all of the wordwars I would have a pathetic word count.

10k words in a day?!?!! Woah!! I couldn't dream of that...

Revered Nerd

cre8ive_ovadose

Looking at my graph, it looks like I had three of them last year. redface They just kind of happen. It is really easy to get the high word counts when you just keep writing. You are at 5k one minute and then the next..
It also helps to have a part you really really want to write.

Lonely Lunatic

17,425 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
whimsicaldreamer
cre8ive_ovadose

Looking at my graph, it looks like I had three of them last year. redface They just kind of happen. It is really easy to get the high word counts when you just keep writing. You are at 5k one minute and then the next..

Yeah I've always found I write faster when I'm invested in what's happening - usually means the readers will like it too hahaha. But congrats, those aren't mean feats.

Revered Nerd

cre8ive_ovadose

Yeah I've always found I write faster when I'm invested in what's happening - usually means the readers will like it too hahaha. But congrats, those aren't mean feats.

Haha, and then you come back to it a year later and go "oh my, what was I thinking?" And if it is good, "I was thinking it was amazing, that's what!" emotion_awesome

Peaceful Lunatic

whimsicaldreamer
cre8ive_ovadose

That happens to me a lot. I love those times when you hardly notice your word/page count because the writing is so good and interesting. And you hardly notice time... or dinner xd

Revered Nerd

Ysavvryl

That happens to me a lot. I love those times when you hardly notice your word/page count because the writing is so good and interesting. And you hardly notice time... or dinner xd

Yep.
Or that you should be waking up right when you think you should be thinking about going to be. I did that my first year, it was not good because I get tremors, black out/fainting/vertigo, and loose all ability to manage my temperature when I do not get enough sleep.

And then I look at the word count and think it is higher than yours, so I go and look and..nope, because you have written more while I wasn't looking. emotion_facepalm

Peaceful Lunatic

whimsicaldreamer
Ysavvryl

Yep.
Or that you should be waking up right when you think you should be thinking about going to be. I did that my first year, it was not good because I get tremors, black out/fainting/vertigo, and loose all ability to manage my temperature when I do not get enough sleep.

And then I look at the word count and think it is higher than yours, so I go and look and..nope, because you have written more while I wasn't looking. emotion_facepalm

I don't mean to be intimidating! crying Sorry.

That sounds rough. I know I've written straight through two nights years ago (not consecutive, thankfully), but not so much these days.

Revered Nerd

Ysavvryl

I don't mean to be intimidating! crying Sorry.

That sounds rough. I know I've written straight through two nights years ago (not consecutive, thankfully), but not so much these days.

The first year was intimidating, last year it was taunting me. This year, I am actually toying with the idea of trying to stick with the 1666 words a day, it seems like it would be more of a challenge than 5k.

It is.

Peaceful Lunatic

whimsicaldreamer

The first year was intimidating, last year it was taunting me. This year, I am actually toying with the idea of trying to stick with the 1666 words a day, it seems like it would be more of a challenge than 5k.

It is.

Getting that exact daily word-count would be a challenge. You'd have to cut off in the middle of sentences most days and keep a close eye on that count. But it would be pretty awesome if you could manage it.

Revered Nerd

Ysavvryl

Getting that exact daily word-count would be a challenge. You'd have to cut off in the middle of sentences most days and keep a close eye on that count. But it would be pretty awesome if you could manage it.

And I would have to plan out esactly how many words each section has to be. I have already decided that I am going to finish my story this year. (Only once has "The End" been the 49,999th and 50,000th words.)

Hence why I am toying with it. If I do it or not comes down to how much planning I am willing to do and stick with.
whimsicaldreamer

@ Willow and Cre8tive

Excellent on the 10K dreamer! Thats fantastic. I never did word wars. I was in Nano a few times and won once --only the first year I tried, didn't win the other years. I lost some of my stuff too sad Be sure to back up or save. I'm starting fresh this year, new account and everything hoping it brings me better luck.

Revered Nerd

willowkat

Excellent on the 10K dreamer! Thats fantastic. I never did word wars. I was in Nano a few times and won once --only the first year I tried, didn't win the other years. I lost some of my stuff too sad Be sure to back up or save. I'm starting fresh this year, new account and everything hoping it brings me better luck.

(:
I previously backed up on two thumbdrives and a laptop. This year, two thumbdrives, two email accounts,and online Celtx. And then I will have part of it handwritten in a notebook. The nice thing about switching between a bunch of devices, I get lots of back up.

Sounds like it could work and you should definitely try word wars.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff