Welcome to Gaia! ::

G.D again,is Brazilian,and in a bad mood today,due to major problems.
She is posting on Gaia in order to try to stay a little calm...

By the way,I wrote a story,and made a major sue,Gry.

There is some way to fix her?

Should I post a profile of the sue,to see if there is way to save her?

I mean,she was a little cliche... Was a warrior,fighted,fell in love with an enemy (In my world,there isn't good or evil,just oposition.So,no ''badguys'' and ''goodguys'') he dies,then she dies in the end.

There is a way to make her,her personlity and everything around her less cliche?

How she would be as a teen?

And wich one of those characters,are good enough,to be the main one of my fantasy novel?

And the one with the POV?

Please help.

1)Amaris,an average girl,with pale skin and sickly looks,who is shy,a bit of vague,incoherent (Damn hard word to spell) and sometimes self centered and aristocratic girl,due to her rich a** family and education.
Since her mother is a witch,and she lives near a all magic city,she learned some spells.
Has a younger sibling,Leontia,doesn't likes her mothers friends,and sometimes,can be boring. Other times , a caring and sweet young lady,even though very weird and silent but is happy,with her life.
Has black hair and eyes. May look oriental.

2)Nia,a redhead,boy crazy,and a bit of judjamental girl,who tends to be a little childish and maternal at the same time,due to the fact that she is the older child at her family.
Is average looking,and since she joined the army,as a costum in my universe,for girls and boys alike,Nia knows how to use swords.
Had a normal childhood,even though she got sick from age nine to age eleven,her mother letting the girl join the army,due to a promiss to the war and health gods.
Sometimes is a little silly,and deslikes her freckles,and her health.
Can be slow at battle.Also,only has one weapon.

3)Systa.An albino girl,with an average family.Systa knows a bit of swordfighting,and magic,due to her family,that includes magicians and warriors,none of then very strong.
Systa tends to act very,but very sweet,in the point of making your stomach hurts.
Basicaly,because she wants to look sweet and pure,in order to earn the love of people.
Or so she says.
Systa is quite manipulative,and also,a bit of self centered.Joined the army,as Nia.
Is a bit of weak in both magic and swordfight.

4)Sophia... Say with me... BOOKWORM.
Sophia is a girl who joined the army in order to the kingdon give her enough money and help to her get to one of the biggests schools of my world.
Inteligent,and a little of a ditz,Sophia enjoys readings,and uses math in order to create her battle estrategies.
Let's say that she cauculates her blows.Sometimes,she doesn't notices what happens around her,and is to political,besides just thinking about her studies.
Big complainer.
No magic,and her strategies fail often.
Has an average family,father a swordsman,mother a teacher.Is blue eyed and brown haired.

5)Gry.Blonde,blue eyed and sctrict,Gry has an average look,and to some people,can be seen as cold.
Quite naive,and strict,was raised in a poor village,and entered in the army in order to help her family.
Was left by her parents,and then adopted by a former warrior and his wife.(I don't know if I use this...)
Gry It's a serious woman,who doesn't looks like the kind of taking jokes,even though is a bit of warmhearted and honored person.
Uses swords,and joined the army,as Systa and Nia.Her habilities are simillar to Nias.

6)Runa,a girl with brown eyes and hair,tall,but not very pretty.Average.
Looks hyper and cute,even though is very insecure,and in a point,inside even depressive,who tries to hide it,in a spunky and happy actitude.
Runa is daughter of a warrior,and good at swords.Joined the army,as most of the others.

Pick one of then,or kill then all.
It depends on the degree of Mary-Sueness.
I will post the profile,so,you can see how much of a Sue she is.
Ready?*Gives you glasses and sporks*

Name:Gry Ivese Honnd (Everyone in my story had weird names,by the way.)

Hair:Blonde (She was born in a cold place,and her etnic group consists fair skined/haired people.)

Eyes:Blue,a normal eye color

Atractive:No.Had a hard face,also,too slin and tall at the point to look a bit of ugly,or average.(I had a word for this... But it's in portuguese.''Pau de Virar tripa'' ou ''Torre.''The last one means ''tower'' so,did you get the idea.)

Weapon:Sword and spears

Special itens:None

Personality confused ?? I don't know.In the fiction,she was just... Brave,cold and a bit of naive.

Family:Left by parents,since was born in a poor village.

Feel free to spork and help me out,or even,kill the girl.
I don't know. She actually sounds okay to me. Have you tried taking the Mary Sue Litmus Test?
Tristitia
I don't know. She actually sounds okay to me. Have you tried taking the Mary Sue Litmus Test?

I did... She got a 20... But her personality looked a bit of... Irrealistical.
Garnet_Dragon
Personality confused ?? I don't know.In the fiction,she was just... Brave,cold and a bit of naive.

Well, I can't say much about the personality since it's just three adjectives. Can you describe that part more? sweatdrop
She doesn't sound too Sue-ish to me, either; about the only Sue-ishness I can see is where she bends a bit too far into the "tragic, tragic past" portion of her character development, but I wouldn't consider having to deep-six the character, just because of it. I'd try fleshing her out a bit more, giving her a personality, seeing how she looks after you do so. Sue-ishness can also be found in how she reacts with the other characters; that can make a difference, too.
Tristitia
Garnet_Dragon

Well, I can't say much about the personality since it's just three adjectives. Can you describe that part more? sweatdrop

She is a girl,obsessed with her work,and being strong,wich she hides in a mask of ''wants help people''.Is serious,sometimes too serious,and can be a bit of intolerant.
Sometimes,can act a bit of naive... But I don't know if this fits her personality,and how I would make she acts... More natural.

And also,I can't like her character,I don't know why,and she is needed in the plot.Unless....
Garnet_Dragon
Sometimes,can act a bit of naive... But I don't know if this fits her personality,and how I would make she acts... More natural.

Is she naive in general, or about relationships, or how certain things work...?
She sounds fine by me. By making her unattractive, she saved her some what and she isnt a self insertation obviously. True some aspects of her are sueish, but those can easily overlooked if the story is good enough to make it seem neccessary. Falling in love with the enemy is actually a good plot point if you can make it realistic.

Best of luck! whee
Garnet_Dragon

Actually, just from my perspective, I think it does fit her character, if she is a bit intolerant and naive at the same time. It's not that unusual to see those two personality traits sharing space. So I guess I wouldn't worry about that one too much.

Another thing that separates the Sues from the rest of the characters is that Sues rarely change throughout the story; they stay pretty static. Is your character going to go through experiences that will make her change, as a person? Will she lose some of that naivete, learn to be more tolerant of others, and learn to accept hersef for who she is? That, too will make a big difference, in the long run.
Karthwyne
Garnet_Dragon

Actually, just from my perspective, I think it does fit her character, if she is a bit intolerant and naive at the same time. It's not that unusual to see those two personality traits sharing space. So I guess I wouldn't worry about that one too much.

Another thing that separates the Sues from the rest of the characters is that Sues rarely change throughout the story; they stay pretty static. Is your character going to go through experiences that will make her change, as a person? Will she lose some of that naivete, learn to be more tolerant of others, and learn to accept hersef for who she is? That, too will make a big difference, in the long run.

Yes... She will.

She will also change a bit of her personality,from her childhood,to her adulthood.(Even though I don't know what kind of kid Gry would make.Any ideas?)

Also... Maybe she should have more traits?
Garnet_Dragon

By the way,I wrote a story,and made a major sue.There is some way to fix her?

I mean,she was a little cliche... Was a warrior,fighted,fell in love with an enemy (In my world,there isn't good or evil,just oposition.So,no ''badguys'' and ''goodguys'') he dies,then she dies in the end.

There is a way to make her,her personlity and everything around her less cliche?

I would like to help you out:

THERE SHOULD BE A SPACE AFTER YOU DAMNABLE COMMAS.
Zacharra
Garnet_Dragon

By the way,I wrote a story,and made a major sue.There is some way to fix her?

I would like to help you out:

THERE SHOULD BE A SPACE AFTER YOU DAMNABLE COMMAS.

Garnet_Dragon
Also... Maybe she should have more traits?

I'm still kind of wondering what she's naive about.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff