Welcome to Gaia! ::

So I've been really intrigued with writing my nightmares because I actually experience a lot of good ones. I don't know how to go about writing a story about them. Maybe a short story for each and it can just be a book of collections. Speaking of short stories, is there a limit of how short/long they're supposed to be? My boyfriend is the one who pushed me into writing about them after I woke up shaking about a week ago from a nightmare and described it to him. I suppose I just am looking for some insight maybe so I know that I'm not wasting my time. Also, a few years ago I stumbled into this writing program that allowed you to build your own story webs online and save them for references. Does anyone know of one that's out there now? I can't find any and the ones I do find online are the printable ones and I just don't want to actually write it down in fear that I'll spill things on it or accidentally lose it since I've done this several times in the past. Thank you ahead of time for helping.
Bump yum_puddi

Nuclear Werewolf

(Obligatory please-don't-bump-we're-a-slow-forum post)

I've been keeping a dream journal for years, now, mostly because I used to have awesome dream recall, and came up with some really bizarre or cool dreams or nightmares. What I do is just write them down as I remember them, and then leave it at that. Some people get stories and stuff from dreams, but I don't. The last vivid dream that I can remember actually had two interesting character concepts that I may or may not adapt to something, but mostly I just wanted to write everything out so I won't fully forget the awesome wizard magic battle that happened in my head that night.

Haven't been dreaming as often or as vividly lately, so the journals are mostly there to help reinforce what I do remember, since I want to learn to lucid dream, and there's no point to it if you can't remember what your dream-self was up to.

Online story webs? I've never used them, so I don't know anything about them offhand. Probably a simple way to do that is using your word processor's drawing function, if it has one; create shapes, fill with text, and connect with lines or arrows. Or draw it out on paper and then scan it for posterity, if you don't keep a dedicated file folder in a safe, spill-free location.

Questionable Prophet

What do you think you can develop with your dreams? Like, what kind of things would you like to include?

I have the stupidest dreams ever and even more stupid nightmares, so I have never pulled from dreams. Just pull what you want to.

You can Google the amount of words that equals up to a short story, but I wouldn't worry about word count until you're ready to publish.

I'm not sure about the diagram.
I guess you could look up different charts and download them and then fill them in your word processor.
Or use a piece of paper? The perfect space for a piece of paper that you don't want to lose or spill something on is taped to a wall.

I think they're also some free writing programs that help organize story ideas, but I'm not sure what they are, or if they actually exist.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff