Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fallen Prophet

Eh? Already being worked up on that already? If they already gives up or get discouraged because of one person's warning, then they wouldn't last long if a wide audience criticize their work.

Believe me, it's pretty difficult to meet the audience's expectations once a written work is released. Be it online, or written. Like they always say, everyone's a critic in this kind of business. No offense, but if one doesn't want to be criticized, one must keep practicing in order to get better~

Firebreathing Comrade

I am often told, by many different people, to pursue a career in writing. I know it doesn't pay much unless one becomes a bestseller. That has been one of my biggest obstacles in going ahead with it. That combined with my non-existent self-esteem really keeps me down I think when I'm full of ideas that have plenty of potential.

Dangerous Cat

11,050 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • OTP 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
The tweet is honestly more of a playful joke than anything.

I mean, this person is practically saying that writing isn't an easy job nor is it financially good for you with the joke - run while you still can. I mean, seriously, you will be criticized everyday about your work and sometimes you'll even get a writer's block and hey, don't forget that you writing = you getting a paycheck. plus, you also have deadlines to worry about as well.

Of course it hurts to be criticized and sometimes it doesn't make you feel like being better. Sometime it makes you feel like s**t and like you can't do anything of worth, but it's also the time you realize that the only way to improve yourself is if you want to improve.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff