PROMPT ROUND 0.17021276595745 17.0% [ 16 ]
Woot panda! 0.29787234042553 29.8% [ 28 ]
Total Votes:[ 94 ]

11,750 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
affirmedreality
Oh, wow, there's only 2 days left? I could have sworn there was more. I'll do a last edit before I resubmit if I finish my systems homework in time. God knows it still needs at least another edit... There are so many wonderful entries! I still have so much to improve on. I DEFINITELY feel over my head, though I'm just glad to get constructive criticism.

You can just wait for next round lol
The Solarised Night
affirmedreality
Oh, wow, there's only 2 days left? I could have sworn there was more. I'll do a last edit before I resubmit if I finish my systems homework in time. God knows it still needs at least another edit... There are so many wonderful entries! I still have so much to improve on. I DEFINITELY feel over my head, though I'm just glad to get constructive criticism.

But then I would get no crits, and that would be no fun. razz

Edit: Wow, they give out so much gold for posting on the forums. Wasn't it only 50 gold or something awhile back?

11,750 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
affirmedreality
The Solarised Night
affirmedreality

But then I would get no crits, and that would be no fun. razz

Edit: Wow, they give out so much gold for posting on the forums. Wasn't it only 50 gold or something awhile back?

Well actually everyone gets a critique for every entry they send.
Feedback is always good, but time is certainly finite. That is why I am liking the qualifier format.

Dangerous Enabler

I really like the qualifier format, too, as I know my life is going to get crazy.
Wing - What was the format like before?

Solar - Are you allowed to submit more than one entry then?

Dangerous Enabler

And to jump in an answer questions not directed at me - last year the format was cumulative points over the summer for the champion, and the year before that was a variation on cumulative points and head-to-head matchups.

You can enter in every round, so most of us who lurk here regularly have been spamming Wing with our writing more or less continually for the last two years.
Oh, so most of you are regulars? Are there any new people as well?
I used to visit the writing forums occasionally a few years ago, but I was a pretty terrible writer back then. So many Mary Sues... smile

Dangerous Enabler

I've been around a couple years, and Solar and Selbe joined last year, and TLM and SM have been around longer than I have. A lot of the new people this year, yourself excepted, haven't stayed around to spam inane chatter with us.

I used to hang out in the WF a lot back when a hangout thread used to exist there. It was fun!

I've learned entirely too much of what I know about writing from the internet.
Indeed. Though some of what I learned I later had to unlearn. (The vampire craze? Is that still a "thing" on gaia?)

Dangerous Enabler

Yep! And don't forget that writers are magically creative and or crazy because we are special snowflakes! That one's a perennial favourite.
Ah, I must admit I was guilty of that one.

I also enjoyed the whiny teenage angst poetry. Does that fall under the crazy writers category?

11,750 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
affirmedreality
Wing - What was the format like before?

Solar - Are you allowed to submit more than one entry then?

If you don't quote me, responses will be delayed. I think PK answered your questions though. One entry per round. No more.
Wing has always been here. That is such a bold-faced lie, but I can say with certainty that Gaia has not had a contest run continuously for as long as this one has. razz

11,750 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
Wing McCallister
Wing has always been here. That is such a bold-faced lie, but I can say with certainty that Gaia has not had a contest run continuously for as long as this one has. razz

We are edging so close to 2000 pages. We should have a party emotion_awesome

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces