Poll Pimps = TEH SEX 0.31914893617021 31.9% [ 30 ]
GGW XI Playoffs 0.085106382978723 8.5% [ 8 ]
Due AUGUST 15 0.12765957446809 12.8% [ 12 ]
PROMPT ROUND 0.17021276595745 17.0% [ 16 ]
Woot panda! 0.29787234042553 29.8% [ 28 ]
Total Votes:[ 94 ]

Joachim Mizrahi
Wing McCallister
The key word was distraction gentlemen. If an author can toss grammar aside in a way that doesn't distract from the point of the work, then yes, the rest is a matter of opinion.

If, however, the author tosses grammar aside in a way that detracts from the work as whole, then no. That's on the author. Go look up page 7 of this thread if you don't believe me. There is a great gem of literature there.

I see your point, but what if someone else wasn't distracted by that and they thought it enhanced the piece? Would that person be labeled a bad reader?
*shrugs* As you said, by its nature, judgement is a matter of opinion. I guess we'll pull a physics and take the global average and slap some error bars on it. I'm not one to label readers based their interpretations of works. For example, I think Jane Austen's writing is terrible. This one is certainly a matter of my opinion. PK loves her though. Despite the differences of opinion we work together on our lit mag and have a good time talking about space pirates and whatnot.
Wing McCallister
Joachim Mizrahi
Wing McCallister
The key word was distraction gentlemen. If an author can toss grammar aside in a way that doesn't distract from the point of the work, then yes, the rest is a matter of opinion.

If, however, the author tosses grammar aside in a way that detracts from the work as whole, then no. That's on the author. Go look up page 7 of this thread if you don't believe me. There is a great gem of literature there.

I see your point, but what if someone else wasn't distracted by that and they thought it enhanced the piece? Would that person be labeled a bad reader?
*shrugs* As you said, by its nature, judgement is a matter of opinion. I guess we'll pull a physics and take the global average and slap some error bars on it. I'm not one to label readers based their interpretations of works. For example, I think Jane Austen's writing is terrible. This one is certainly a matter of my opinion. PK loves her though. Despite the differences of opinion we work together on our lit mag and have a good time talking about space pirates and whatnot.

I'd say this debate was entertaining and i'm not sure anything was accomplished except a common understanding that we all have opinions! Hooray for the obvious! xd
Joachim Mizrahi
Wing McCallister
Joachim Mizrahi
Wing McCallister

I'd say this debate was entertaining and i'm not sure anything was accomplished except a common understanding that we all have opinions! Hooray for the obvious! xd
Pretty much... lol

Dangerous Enabler

idk y u dont leik Jane Austen she kicks a$$

THIS SEEMED THE MOST APPROPRIATE RESPONSE TO THE PRECEDING CONVERSATION.

Hi! I'm in DC now.
phantomkitsune

Hi! I'm in DC now.
Oh yeah. razz I leik mudkips!

Dangerous Enabler

Wing McCallister
I love how you mention Theory Train in the recording.

Puns are never funny.

I loved the bit ranting about the sniper and lack of gore in Selbe's piece.

But, uh, did you not get mine? Or did the file go astray? Or am I a drunk fetus and missed it in the recording?
phantomkitsune
Wing McCallister
I love how you mention Theory Train in the recording.

Puns are never funny.

I loved the bit ranting about the sniper and lack of gore in Selbe's piece.

But, uh, did you not get mine? Or did the file go astray? Or am I a drunk fetus and missed it in the recording?
I haven't made the recording for February.

Dangerous Enabler

*headdesk*

Yes, that would make sense. Being as the one I clicked on said 'January.'

DON'T MIND ME.

Invisible Conversationalist

I hope that Dystopia Hunger Games entry made it on time. That would suck major balls...
My workload is large at the moment, so I am very slow with the entries.

Dangerous Enabler

Yeah, I know, which is why I was really surprised when my brain apparently misfired and forgot what damn month it was.

Familiar Hunter

7,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

11,750 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
Oh for ******** sake; get over the stupid grammar rant. I started it and I will finish it. Get back to normal conversation and stop being pretentious pricks/ bickering over who is right.

11,750 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
phantomkitsune

Hi! I'm in DC now.

Thank you PK.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas