Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image

Sorry it's a little light.

I don't feel like her legs look right. Like they are too thin and too far left. What do you think. And be brutal this is the main character for a cover of a comic book. I want it perfect.
sad Not even a bash?

Aged Codger

Her legs don't look right because the way they're posed makes no sense. Her right thigh is in front of her left thigh, yet her right calf is behind her left calf. Both parts of a leg should be in front of both parts of another leg.
I was thinking that too but it looked right in a reference I used. Hmm Is that the only thing?

Aged Codger

She's off-balance. If her legs are tilted to the left like that, her top half would be titled to the right, and her arms would come into it to compensate. Her left arm (our right) would be higher. Her arms would also move with her stride...meaning the arm opposite of which leg is forward would be forward as well.

What are you referencing for this pose?
Does this look better?

User Image

Aged Codger

Don't reference poses from somebody else's artwork, there's a chance that they've done things wrong. Even if Wen-M is a great artist, he borked on those legs and they don't look right.

Also I think the image is broken, I only see half of it.
User Image

I cropped it does it work now?

6,250 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
Oooooh yeah...those reference legs don't look like they'd support anything. One leg always has to be straighter for the other to be so relaxed.

Try standing in the pose your self and feel how the weight plays in the factor on which leg is dominant holding the weight.
Your right. Now that I look at the reference it doesn't look right at all I just thought the flow was cool at first but now it looks flat. I think the new one I did feels alot better and flows right. It looked like she was about to fall in the other one. xP
thanks does everything else look good?

6,250 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
I can't see the new pic.
Damn really? I can see it perfect.. >.< Let me try again
User Image

Link too: http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g301/thunder2fox/Cover-1.png

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items