Welcome to Gaia! ::

haven't been on since '09... back then i was lucky if i could earn 50k a month. here i am, a few days in, and i've already got 100 million. when did this inflation start? i am not complaining... i think it's brilliant to have a 2 tier system, where the casual player can afford ANYTHING in the basic shops, and the advanced player has unlimited options with rarer items. but when did it start? and how?

my old account was frozen because i hadn't logged in for 2+ years. got a ticket pending to get it back. looks like some of my old stuff is really valuable now. i hope i can get it back!

Sparkling Otaku

35,775 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Egg Collector 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
hi,welcome back to gaia biggrin
YunJaeforeverlove4

thanks smile

Sparkling Otaku

35,775 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Egg Collector 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
deejamz
YunJaeforeverlove4

thanks smile

ur welcome heart

Man-Hungry Survivor

Welcome back!

I think, i believe the inflation really took off when they began advertising the cash shop items, and really pressuring on it. People began buying and selling really high, and then the prices became insane, as in 100 million isn't like WOW anymore, and thus things took a turn.

Alot of recolors were pumped out, so the original ones got expensiver and expensiver, so here we are with crazy prices. :3

11,625 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Person of Interest 200
deejamz
haven't been on since '09... back then i was lucky if i could earn 50k a month. here i am, a few days in, and i've already got 100 million. when did this inflation start? i am not complaining... i think it's brilliant to have a 2 tier system, where the casual player can afford ANYTHING in the basic shops, and the advanced player has unlimited options with rarer items. but when did it start? and how?

my old account was frozen because i hadn't logged in for 2+ years. got a ticket pending to get it back. looks like some of my old stuff is really valuable now. i hope i can get it back!

Welcome back !

Inflation... also because of gold generators sold in cash shop generating billions with gaia cash... kind of pay to play system... there are lots of threads about this in the Site feedback forum (they are around 80 different gold generators each one bringing more gold each time). So they made "gold sink events" ... I remember the time when you could get an item+an achievement giving like 10 000 gold to these, but that was long ago, now it's like 10 millions just to get an achievement and that's the "cheap option" for getting anything related to the event.

Right now some people agreed with that inflation, other ones thinks this is going to end the game in like 2years for max, because of what you said, beginners players can't afford great things, so less gamers... and the end of gaia...

What can we do ? First of all, not paying Gold generators that causes inflation... second, gaia staff bring us the idea that buying gaia cash stuff other than gold generators will maybe made them to change their mind... stare ... let's hope that will work...

Good thing is, it's still possible to make gold whithout paying real cash (like I'm currently trying to) with the daily's, seeing Gaia cash vids to gain some Gaia Cash (a good way is if you get enough for it, buying Gaia cash items and selling them to the markeplace (last one I bought, around 500GC, was 15billions in the market)), and for the beginners using the dive...

You can also play zOmg, head out for Village greens, kill gnomes to get wing tree leaf and then resell them in marketplace for like 500 000 to 1 or 2 millions...

Anyways good luck, hope I've helped, and feel free to head out to the site feedback forum if you wish to learn more about the inflation or figure out better what you can do on a side or on another... I'm just a beginner with inflation too... sweatdrop and english is not my language so that was just the "short version"... who ended out being very long, many apologizes to that sweatdrop

3,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
I know what you mean. I logged on after almost 2 years and everything is so Damn expensive. Last I logged in my avatar was worth 13 million now it's almost 50 billion. So I am selling now while the market is up because just like real life there will come to a point where the market will drop. That's where I want to be insanely rich.
thanks for the info guys. i noticed the "gold dump" event going on right now and figured it was a way to balance.
i just can't believe some of these prices!
oh well, it's good to be back either way.

Adorable Bunny

39,675 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Timid 100
welcome to gaia smile

Lonely Hoarder

I had the exact same reaction. I don't come online much these days but every time I do I'm always shocked by skyrocketing prices.

& Welcome back. wink

Super Girl

36,950 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Junior Trader 100
hiya,welcome back to gaia razz

Zombie Is Lost's Significant Otter

Heart Giver

deejamz

This explains the inflation situation in good detail.
User Image

Newbie Member

6,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Generous 100
  • Member 100
Hi and welcome back mrgreen
deejamz

Hello, welcome back to Gaia! It seems people have answered your question about the crazy inflation. I do hope you can enjoy your time here again. I also hope you get your old account back smile
Another returning member here.

I'd like to know why the hell we can't customize our avies upon creating an account. Unless there is some hidden free way.

In the meantime, I'm gonna try to get into an old account...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff