Welcome to Gaia! ::

Keltoi Samurai
Tamano
So essentially lets replace a democratically elected member with an dictatorship through rebellion. More then half the people of your country don't want what the other wants! What about them!

there's nothing saying they'd establish themself as a dictator, should rebellion occur.

I mean, historically, George Washington didn't declare himself dictator, now did he?
What I'm saying is by what right do men have to say "I don't like this election! I'm going to pick up my gun and just start shooting and murdering people until I get my way!" like this GOP nutjob is insisting people do in the states if power is not turned over to him. And of course no one in power calls themselves a dictator, the term defines a being with the characteristics of.. dare I say "evil" ?

And suppose they do it, what happens again in four years when the election doesn't turn in their favor? Do they go on a killing spree again? It's not even insanity, it's just stupidity.

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Tamano
Keltoi Samurai
Tamano
So essentially lets replace a democratically elected member with an dictatorship through rebellion. More then half the people of your country don't want what the other wants! What about them!

there's nothing saying they'd establish themself as a dictator, should rebellion occur.

I mean, historically, George Washington didn't declare himself dictator, now did he?
What I'm saying is by what right do men have to say "I don't like this election! I'm going to pick up my gun and just start shooting and murdering people until I get my way!" like this GOP nutjob is insisting people do in the states if power is not turned over to him. And of course no one in power calls themselves a dictator, the term defines a being with the characteristics of.. dare I say "evil" ?

And suppose they do it, what happens again in four years when the election doesn't turn in their favor? Do they go on a killing spree again? It's not even insanity, it's just stupidity.

by that notion, what right did Washington have to say "I don't like our king, I'm gonna pick up my gun and start shooting and murdering until I steal this land away from him?"
Keltoi Samurai
Tamano
Keltoi Samurai
Tamano

by that notion, what right did Washington have to say "I don't like our king, I'm gonna pick up my gun and start shooting and murdering until I steal this land away from him?"
By notion that more then about 70% of the country at the time in secret opposed the King's law and possession of the colonies. That last 25% or so of the people where virtually immigrants who did not understand the politics or the tyrannical hold the King had on the lands or they where loyalists to the King because they had direct ties to the Church of England or to England itself. Last I checked Obama doesn't seem entirely tyrannical as opposed to a whole majority of the Republicans who after watching the convention I have to say sound like they are out to get blood from rocks and turnips!

It's irrational to think humans would agree on everything, but as I figure it the moment you kill something and tout your beliefs are justifying it then you've chosen the side of.. well evil. We're supposed to be a civilized culture as well species of logic and reason, picking up guns and just firing them at one another because "I don't believe what you do" is just so primitive and more like a rabid animal's response to the issue at hand. It's still stupid.
I guess I was right to hate Republicans. Democrats suck, too. They all suck.

3,350 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Evanxeco
Let's see what'll happen when Obama gets reelected.
Absolutely nothing, the same as now, because the Republicans will continue their anti-progress position as a continuation of the hissy-fit that they began right after Obama got elected in the first place.

Fanatical Zealot

Nymph of Life
Evanxeco
Absolutely nothing, the same as now, because the Republicans will continue their anti-progress position as a continuation of the hissy-fit that they began right after Obama got elected in the first place.

They got to get tired some time.

I mean come on, most of them are old. xp

Fashionable Lunatic

1,750 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
...I wish I was in the land of cotton, Old times they are not forgotten; Look away! Look away! Look away! Dixie Land.

Savage Fairy

13,250 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
Civil war is the US again is China's wet dream rolleyes

3,350 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Suicidesoldier#1
Nymph of Life
Evanxeco

User Image

Fanatical Zealot

Nymph of Life
Suicidesoldier#1
Nymph of Life
Evanxeco

User Image

emotion_0A0
Keltoi Samurai
Tamano
Keltoi Samurai
Tamano

1. The King was only partly the power in the UK at the point.
2. The British Parliament was the issue, and we lacked representation there, which was the main rallying cry.
3. Dumbass Crazy Militaman has his vote, as well as his votes for his rep and his senator. Just like everyone else.
Hanma Selis
...I wish I was in the land of cotton, Old times they are not forgotten; Look away! Look away! Look away! Dixie Land.

The South is a shithole lol.
I AM R U
Civil war is the US again is China's wet dream rolleyes

haha, you got that right.

Shameless Giver

10,800 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
Old Blue Collar Joe
Reventheus
Old Blue Collar Joe
Reventheus
That's only coming from one states republican party.

They're just trying to fight for what they think is right. Don't just assume they are all after their own selfish agenda's.

It's coming from one PERSON in Podunk, Va. Not the party itself.

Metroid Dread
conservatism is currently based in the roots envisioned by its name
for whatever reason, change and development is bad and the true path to prosperity is to stagnate or regress

No, change for the sake of change is bad. Development can be very good. But rather than 'hey!! Did you hear about this? Let's make it a national thing without evaluating it at all', the conservatives want to see the pro's and con's of something rather than just doing it.

LOL, Seriously? xD

What makes you guys so alarmed about this then? The republican party is not stupid or radical enough to start a revolution. It would make another civil war.

Because of the fact that the left takes every jackass who says something dumb on one side and makes it seem like the platform of the right. (See other comment I quoted with yours for example.)
Both of the major sides are beyond their recommended allowance of dumbasses. They, unfortunately, are the ones that get all the media attention.

People and their irrational narrowminded ways. This reminds me of a post I saw someone make in the ED before, referring to the WBC people that essentially said "Frickin Christians. This is why nobody likes you, because you're so intolerant and hateful." Yes. All Christians are like the WBC just like all republicans are like this Ponch idiots crew rolleyes

Anyways, it's highly doubtful that anything that that group is talking about wow actually come to be. And it's also doubtful that a majority or even a good number of republicans would actually be for it. If or when president Obama wins to be reelected, things would most likely be how they have been. If anything.

Devoted Explorer

Love Muffin88
Old Blue Collar Joe
Reventheus
Old Blue Collar Joe
Reventheus
That's only coming from one states republican party.

They're just trying to fight for what they think is right. Don't just assume they are all after their own selfish agenda's.

It's coming from one PERSON in Podunk, Va. Not the party itself.

Metroid Dread
conservatism is currently based in the roots envisioned by its name
for whatever reason, change and development is bad and the true path to prosperity is to stagnate or regress

No, change for the sake of change is bad. Development can be very good. But rather than 'hey!! Did you hear about this? Let's make it a national thing without evaluating it at all', the conservatives want to see the pro's and con's of something rather than just doing it.

LOL, Seriously? xD

What makes you guys so alarmed about this then? The republican party is not stupid or radical enough to start a revolution. It would make another civil war.

Because of the fact that the left takes every jackass who says something dumb on one side and makes it seem like the platform of the right. (See other comment I quoted with yours for example.)
Both of the major sides are beyond their recommended allowance of dumbasses. They, unfortunately, are the ones that get all the media attention.

People and their irrational narrowminded ways. This reminds me of a post I saw someone make in the ED before, referring to the WBC people that essentially said "Frickin Christians. This is why nobody likes you, because you're so intolerant and hateful." Yes. All Christians are like the WBC just like all republicans are like this Ponch idiots crew rolleyes

Anyways, it's highly doubtful that anything that that group is talking about wow actually come to be. And it's also doubtful that a majority or even a good number of republicans would actually be for it. If or when president Obama wins to be reelected, things would most likely be how they have been. If anything.
No harm in locking and loading in the event that the neocons decide to start rioting.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff