Welcome to Gaia! ::

Destructive Bunny

logan the god of candy

******** that. i thought old sick people were an excuse to let everybody do it. not just for them to do it.

why can't these ******** legalize suicide? always doing all the wrong things for the wrong reasons.

Eh? Most people get depressed/near suicidal at some point in their lives. Then their situation changes and they get over it, and become productive worker/tax payers.

You do not want to have a suicide method that's available to anyone who walks in off the street. Most of them just need to take someone to talk to or some antidepressants.
Raye Delvego
logan the god of candy
Starshine
logan the god of candy

then we just get a painful search for a missing person. i think the clean up crew would have an easier time shoveling you into a bucket than loved ones would have worrying for weeks. coincidentally, messy deaths do get shoveled into buckets sometimes.

don't tell suicidal people that they lack imagination.

less than a hundredth of a percent of old people can't kill themselves so we make assisted suicide available to everyone.

It's only going to be available to the ones with medical problems.

why can't these ******** legalize suicide? .

Ok I agree with that, However if they did, the families would have to suffer with the person's debts. But it would be an excellent population control. Instead of actually telling people that "suicide is legal,go wild" let's just take warning labels and instructions off of things and let Natural Selection take control.

families don't carry debts for suicide now, and i guarantee legality prevents nobody from suicide.

Assimilated Bloodsucker

9,700 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
logan the god of candy
Raye Delvego
logan the god of candy
Starshine
logan the god of candy

then we just get a painful search for a missing person. i think the clean up crew would have an easier time shoveling you into a bucket than loved ones would have worrying for weeks. coincidentally, messy deaths do get shoveled into buckets sometimes.

less than a hundredth of a percent of old people can't kill themselves so we make assisted suicide available to everyone.

Ok I agree with that, However if they did, the families would have to suffer with the person's debts. But it would be an excellent population control. Instead of actually telling people that "suicide is legal,go wild" let's just take warning labels and instructions off of things and let Natural Selection take control.

families don't carry debts for suicide now, and i guarantee legality prevents nobody from suicide.

I wasn't saying the legalization of suicide will prevent it. I'm just saying that "morally" we can't legalize it, So instead of coming out and saying "Suicide is legal now, you can kill yourself." We just let natural selection take over. There's still going to be suicide attempts and successes, but taking the warning labels off of things will make things like "WARNING: Do not attempt to stop chain with hand or other body part" more fun to watch and more people besides the ones that want to die, to actually die or get seriously injured. As I said, it's good population control.
Raye Delvego
logan the god of candy
Raye Delvego
logan the god of candy
Starshine
logan the god of candy

I wasn't saying the legalization of suicide will prevent it. I'm just saying that "morally" we can't legalize it, So instead of coming out and saying "Suicide is legal now, you can kill yourself." We just let natural selection take over. There's still going to be suicide attempts and successes, but taking the warning labels off of things will make things like "WARNING: Do not attempt to stop chain with hand or other body part" more fun to watch and more people besides the ones that want to die, to actually die or get seriously injured. As I said, it's good population control.

my point is that making it legal won't cause more people to do it. and penalizing others for it is even worse.

Assimilated Bloodsucker

9,700 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
logan the god of candy
Raye Delvego
logan the god of candy
Raye Delvego
logan the god of candy

my point is that making it legal won't cause more people to do it. and penalizing others for it is even worse.

No it won't cause more people to do it, but people are still getting penalized for it. If somebody in Idaho commits suicide, their family gets stuck with all that person's debts plus extra cost, I don't know what the extra cost is for, but it's there.
Raye Delvego
logan the god of candy
A s t o r i a Edition
logan the god of candy
just run in front of a train and be done with it already.
That's a bit more pitiful/etc

killing yourself is more pitiful then having a doctor put you to sleep painlessly and without chance for just being a slightly alive pile on the side of the tracks for a few minutes.

why do i feel you don't deserve and opinion on suicide?

Well when a Doctor does it, it doesn't hurt anybody except the family, but in that case, they were going to die anyways. In the terms of jumping in front of a train you run the risk of the train derailing and possibly killing people in the process who didn't want to die. especially if it was a subway or in the middle of a town.

Say what? Who's jumping in front of that train, Rosie O'Donnell? Damn.

If someone wants to off themselves, then let them do it themselves, rather than wanting to be a pretty corpse.

Assimilated Bloodsucker

9,700 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Old Blue Collar Joe
Raye Delvego
logan the god of candy
A s t o r i a Edition
logan the god of candy

killing yourself is more pitiful then having a doctor put you to sleep painlessly and without chance for just being a slightly alive pile on the side of the tracks for a few minutes.

Well when a Doctor does it, it doesn't hurt anybody except the family, but in that case, they were going to die anyways. In the terms of jumping in front of a train you run the risk of the train derailing and possibly killing people in the process who didn't want to die. especially if it was a subway or in the middle of a town.

If someone wants to off themselves, then let them do it themselves, rather than wanting to be a pretty corpse.

Yeah I agree but having them jump in front of a train is a little extreme, as stated before there's the risk of the train derailing and then the family of the suicide person (at least in Idaho) would get charged for the damages that person caused by jumping on front of said train.
Raye Delvego
Old Blue Collar Joe
Raye Delvego
logan the god of candy
A s t o r i a Edition
logan the god of candy

Yeah I agree but having them jump in front of a train is a little extreme, as stated before there's the risk of the train derailing and then the family of the suicide person (at least in Idaho) would get charged for the damages that person caused by jumping on front of said train.

I believe the 'derailing a train' is an urban legend. Never heard of a person causing a derailment, and I was merely making a comment representing that fact.
On the issue of committing suicide? I'm against physician assisted suicide.
Someone wants to off themselves, do it on their own. Take pills, tie a cinder block around their ankles and go swimming, whatever. Just don't expect everyone to make it easier for them by taking the action and responsibility out of their hands.

Assimilated Bloodsucker

9,700 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Old Blue Collar Joe
Raye Delvego
Old Blue Collar Joe
Raye Delvego
logan the god of candy

I believe the 'derailing a train' is an urban legend. Never heard of a person causing a derailment, and I was merely making a comment representing that fact.
Someone wants to off themselves, do it on their own. Take pills, tie a cinder block around their ankles and go swimming, whatever. Just don't expect everyone to make it easier for them by taking the action and responsibility out of their hands.

A few years ago there was a guy who stopped on the tracks. he wasn't trying to kill himself or anything I think his car broke down, in any case the train hit him and in doing so killed the guy and the car actually got caught under the train causing the train to flip over off of the track. It was a cargo train and only like three people including the guy in the car was seriously injured. But it does happen. Now if they just jump without using any vehicles, the chances of it derailing are pretty small, but not very many people are that smart.

As for assisted suicide in the hospital, I'm not for or against it, it desn't affect me in any way but seriously, how hard is it to reach over and just literally "pull the plug?"
Raye Delvego
Old Blue Collar Joe
Raye Delvego
Old Blue Collar Joe
Raye Delvego
logan the god of candy

A few years ago there was a guy who stopped on the tracks. he wasn't trying to kill himself or anything I think his car broke down, in any case the train hit him and in doing so killed the guy and the car actually got caught under the train causing the train to flip over off of the track. It was a cargo train and only like three people including the guy in the car was seriously injured. But it does happen. Now if they just jump without using any vehicles, the chances of it derailing are pretty small, but not very many people are that smart.

As for assisted suicide in the hospital, I'm not for or against it, it desn't affect me in any way but seriously, how hard is it to reach over and just literally "pull the plug?"

There is a HUGE difference between a person and a car on the tracks. The post I was referring to was where the poster said jump in front of a train, not park in front of it.
The second part I agree with. Do it your damn self.

Assimilated Bloodsucker

9,700 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Old Blue Collar Joe
Raye Delvego
Old Blue Collar Joe
Raye Delvego
Old Blue Collar Joe

There is a HUGE difference between a person and a car on the tracks. The post I was referring to was where the poster said jump in front of a train, not park in front of it.

Again, not very many people are smart, I was trying to encompass the fact that when people say "go jump off a bridge" some will in fact take their car and drive it off a bridge, or cliff or whatever. So yes there is a big difference between the two, but some people would say "ok you want me to jump in front of a train, i'm going to drive my car into it." Now I realize that in a subway, this can be quite difficult to do so my posts are for people like me, those who don't live in those states that ave a subway system.

There are some people who think it's selfish to want to kill yourself. isn't that a little hypocritical? Aren't they being selfish for wanting the person t live against their will?
Raye Delvego
Old Blue Collar Joe
Raye Delvego
Old Blue Collar Joe
Raye Delvego
Old Blue Collar Joe

Again, not very many people are smart, I was trying to encompass the fact that when people say "go jump off a bridge" some will in fact take their car and drive it off a bridge, or cliff or whatever. So yes there is a big difference between the two, but some people would say "ok you want me to jump in front of a train, i'm going to drive my car into it." Now I realize that in a subway, this can be quite difficult to do so my posts are for people like me, those who don't live in those states that ave a subway system.

Point taken. I forgot, not only to take the massive ignorance that seems so prevalent in society today, but the laziness as well.

Assimilated Bloodsucker

9,700 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Old Blue Collar Joe
Raye Delvego
Old Blue Collar Joe
Raye Delvego
Old Blue Collar Joe

Point taken. I forgot, not only to take the massive ignorance that seems so prevalent in society today, but the laziness as well.

Yeah, my mom won't even walk two blocks to get a candy bar. She lives that close to a convenience store. However I chalk that up to the fact that she has cancer but before she was diagnosed it was the same thing. Meanwhile I live about three miles from the nearest wal-mart and I don't have a car, I need to walk or bike that.

Girl-Crazy Millionaire

12,450 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • 50 Wins 150

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items