Welcome to Gaia! ::

- ❈ -

xXTeal BloodXx
/quote]No no, I get the people who are all

"I voted for Obama because he's pro-choice"
"Because Romney wants to take away abortions"
"Because he supports gay rights!"

and im like..dude... no. those are minor things...

High-functioning Bunny

18,125 Points
  • Egg Collector 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
Oh Gosh. So far I've heard...

"Minorities voted for Obama because he's black."
"Women voted for him because of pro-choice."
"Homosexuals voted for him for marriage rights."
"Middle-class and lower voted for him because their lazy and want to keep welfare."
"Everyone who isn't female, middle class, minority or homosexual voted for him because they're stupid" rolleyes

-Flip the coin- Do realize that people voted for Romney because...
He's Mormon.
He's white.
Obama's black.
He's rich so he must know how to help the economy.
Against illegal immigrants, abortion and gay marriage.

I voted for Obama because...

-Unemployment aid is helpful to my recently (about 3-4 weeks) unemployed mother who takes care of both of her children on her own. And before you blame Obama for her unemployment...she was a recently hired administrator at a charter high school whose enrollment was down. Administrators are usually at-will employees. So, to make up for the lack of students (and some dirty under the table ish) she was let go.

-As an already struggling college student, I would like to keep as much financial aid as possible. Even when my mom was employed we were struggling.

-Republicans always talk about how government has its hand in too much yet wants to dictate who can love who and what a woman does with her body.

-Got rid of don't ask don't tell.

-Supports green energy (not the pockets of oil companies).

-The Michelle and Barack Obama have made efforts in reducing obesity and by making efforts to educate about nutrition and exercise.

-He's improved the U.S. image world-wide.

-Because I could confidently list reasons why I supported him rather than just listing reasons why not to support Romney.

Blessed Tactician

11,250 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Contributor 150
whisperkid12
I commend anyone with enough sense to intelligently form their own opinions in this election. At the same time there were so many of these:
"I'm a Democrat, get over it"
"He's for gay marraige/ abortion" (When that was not covered in depth during his campaign)
"He caught Osama" (When that one SEAL did, using the program Bush started after THEY attacked US and we retaliated)
"I don't want a Christian president" (#ignoringUShistory) [less common, still heard it]

All acceptable opinions, but none of them make valid stand alone arguments. Even when compiled together, they make one bad argument.

-"He managed to prevent the housing bubble crash and subsequent recession of 2008 from turning into a full blown recession"
-"He managed to, in his very first year, change the deficit from a rapidly growing monster into a rapidly shrinking one."
-"He managed to, with exceptional haste, stop the massive job loss occurring due to said recession and reverse it to a point where the unemployment rate is now, in fact, lower than when he took office."
-"He got us the ******** out of Iraq."
-"He's getting us out of Afghanistan, and in his term he has not initiated any new useless wars."

I may be missing some.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces