Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ruthless Sex Symbol

12,825 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
Now that people over the age of 21 can legally posses and smoke MJ, do you think that their tourism will surge or are they about to be dragged into Federal court?

Ideas, opinions, are welcome.

Sweet Pumpkin

klebold
You have to be a citizen, and believe it or not, there are decent human beings out there that don't do drugs.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

How does smoking marijuana make you not a decent human being? That's kind of a large generalization, don't you think?

Sweet Pumpkin

klebold
my lady jane
klebold
You have to be a citizen, and believe it or not, there are decent human beings out there that don't do drugs.

How does smoking marijuana make you not a decent human being? That's kind of a large generalization, don't you think?

You must be new to this world. Welcome.

Actually, no.
Are you saying that even people who smoke medical cannabis aren't decent human beings?
There are plenty people, including my mother, who suffer from pain and try their best to cope with their illnesses everyday. And if they have found something that makes their pain less severe, then good for them.
Not sure how my mother who worked hard for my family for years and now unfortunately has a disease that makes her unable to walk and gives her pain everyday isn't a decent human being. I'm glad it helps her.
Sure, there are people who abuse drugs. You can't say that this legalization will encourage this. Honestly, crime will be down, and there will be more money.

Deadly Wrangler

Colorado is a place of all sorts of people. I come a place we call "Home of Heros" in Colorado, because most of our soldiers come from there. All the men in my family have served a military of some sort, and are now working with other veterans, are on the police force, and are respected members of Colorado's community. My family is spread throughout Colorado. Klebold is correct that there are decent people out here. So please don't make us seem like we're bad people, because we're not.

Deadly Wrangler

my lady jane
klebold
my lady jane
klebold

Actually, no.
Are you saying that even people who smoke medical cannabis aren't decent human beings?
There are plenty people, including my mother, who suffer from pain and try their best to cope with their illnesses everyday. And if they have found something that makes their pain less severe, then good for them.
Not sure how my mother who worked hard for my family for years and now unfortunately has a disease that makes her unable to walk and gives her pain everyday isn't a decent human being. I'm glad it helps her.
Sure, there are people who abuse drugs. You can't say that this legalization will encourage this. Honestly, crime will be down, and there will be more money.

My cousin is blind, has limbs amputated ever so often, can't keep food down, he pukes it all up. Each day his percent of survival goes down. He gets seizures really bad, and he can't even walk. I know what your going through when you say they need it for the pain. However, I just hope that those who can use their hands, feet, can see, can eat, and use their normal functions. Don't take it. There are other medications for pain. However, the most helpful stuff should be saved for people like my cousin. What does your mom suffer from?

Friendly Cultist

I'm still confused: how does smoking weed make someone a bad person? Why does any really care if they partake in a (relatively) tame drug, and don't hurt other people?
Not saying that any drug is better than no drugs, and I don't even smoke, but I can't help but wonder. What EXACTLY is it that makes pot so bad?

Sweet Pumpkin

LeCleo
my lady jane
klebold
my lady jane
klebold

Actually, no.

My cousin is blind, has limbs amputated ever so often, can't keep food down, he pukes it all up. Each day his percent of survival goes down. He gets seizures really bad, and he can't even walk. I know what your going through when you say they need it for the pain. However, I just hope that those who can use their hands, feet, can see, can eat, and use their normal functions. Don't take it. There are other medications for pain. However, the most helpful stuff should be saved for people like my cousin. What does your mom suffer from?

To me, it's a lot about personal choice. If they want to try something else, that will help them, go for it.
My mother suffers from MS, and there are tons of medications that they have given to her. Nothing can reverse the things that are already have happened to her, but there are things that can help how she is getting worse become more gradual.
She has been on many medications, which I can't say all are bad. Unfortunately, some also have terrible side effects that cause her to be in more pain even.
Cannabis has personally taken my mother out a lot of pain. I don't want to see her like that.

Deadly Wrangler

Czar Kazem
I'm still confused: how does smoking weed make someone a bad person? Why does any really care if they partake in a (relatively) tame drug, and don't hurt other people?
Not saying that any drug is better than no drugs, and I don't even smoke, but I can't help but wonder. What EXACTLY is it that makes pot so bad?
User Image

My friends smoke it, I don't think they're bad people. However, there's a diff in being a bad person and making not so good choices. I do not think it is a good decision. But that's my personal opinion that I am entitled to. But I'm not a bad person, and I make bad decisions all the time. But if people do partake in drugs im not gonna be nosey rosey and be all "omg ur so horrible"
cuz its just not true. Drugs just don't seem moral to me is all. it's normal for people to feel the way i do and its normal for people to think it's fine.

User Image

Friendly Cultist

LeCleo
Czar Kazem
User Image

My friends smoke it, I don't think they're bad people. However, there's a diff in being a bad person and making not so good choices. I do not think it is a good decision. But that's my personal opinion that I am entitled to. But I'm not a bad person, and I make bad decisions all the time. But if people do partake in drugs im not gonna be nosey rosey and be all "omg ur so horrible"
cuz its just not true. Drugs just don't seem moral to me is all. it's normal for people to feel the way i do and its normal for people to think it's fine.

User Image

Like I had said, I don't drugs, so I more or less agree with you in that are. I've just never found drugs to be necessary, I've gotten by just fine without them. So yeah, same sort of position, though I have less of an opinion on it.

But I guess I'm just wondering because, compared to other illegal drugs, pot seems to be the most used casually by people. And by that, I mean without a major risk of causing their lives to fall apart. I'm just curious as to why people can be violently against it, when there really are worse things that are legal. It just seems odd, logically.
And not that I'm saying you're one of the people who judge other people for it, but it's more directed to those that do.

Deadly Wrangler

my lady jane
LeCleo
my lady jane
klebold
my lady jane
klebold

Actually, no.

To me, it's a lot about personal choice. If they want to try something else, that will help them, go for it.
My mother suffers from MS, and there are tons of medications that they have given to her. Nothing can reverse the things that are already have happened to her, but there are things that can help how she is getting worse become more gradual.
She has been on many medications, which I can't say all are bad. Unfortunately, some also have terrible side effects that cause her to be in more pain even.
Cannabis has personally taken my mother out a lot of pain. I don't want to see her like that.

well then if that's what works to make her better I say go for it. I thought of my views on it, like if I didn't know she was your mom Id say she didnt need it. However, in perspective, if my mom was in the same situation i'd be changing my thoughts on it. Even though I disagree with it completely, no one wants to see a mother in pain. Especially my own, so instead of choice, I think it's more about, do we want patients so suffer, and if so how badly? because no one wants to feel pain.

Festive Trash

Czar Kazem

People who say that are idiots who believe that weed is a 'gateway drug' and that all people who do weed also do the more hardcore drugs. Which I find funny and [sarcasm]obviously you're a bad person or an indecent human being if you do any type of drug.[/sarcasm]
klebold
my lady jane
klebold
my lady jane
klebold

Actually, no.

Removing laws, is not a viable method of removing crime. The crime would still exist, just without the penalty, and its context could scale to murder being legal, and gloating about how there's no more homicide crimes anymore. 0 laws, 0 crimes, wonderful logic. I think it's safe to say, and I know most of the teenagers on Gaia won't agree but certainly the decent population would, that Colorado will definitely become as notorious for their brainless stoners as San Fransisco. I really don't care about the 1% of people who SMOKE for healthy reasons, nor do I care about the 0.1% of them that actually need it (pain killers are a thing, and they work, stop kidding yourself) but by legallizing a drug that turns good people into complete morons and self-righteous douchebags, I don't see how this can end well at all. It's hilarious to see potheads actually pretend to be knowledgeable lol, you're not sick, you just want to get high, I'm so glad I'm not a Doctor yet because I'd quit after the first thousand stoners I had to reject for their 'medicinal' purposes.

It's estimated that by legalizing cannabis the cartels monetary income will drop drastically. By legalizing cannabis we can destroy many cartels which would drop crime.

What about those of us who aren't potheads but are for legalization since studies show it is less harmful than other legal drugs such as nicotine and alcohol? Did you know that THC, the active ingredient in cannabis, actually reduces the size of tumors? This is been proven time after time in various studies. They just recently proved that THC reduces the size of brain tumors. Why do we want something so medically useful to be illegal?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff